Lead Developer

i5-77-Red

Post by Aeven »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i5-77-Red (#2659)
Faction: Redoran
Parent claim: TR_5-26-Red (#2445)
Claimed by: Parted User
Files: TR_i5-77-Red_Wel-Gordhaur_1.esp; TR_i5-77-Red_Wel-Gordhaur_2.esp; TR_i5-77-Red_Wel-Gordhaur_3.esp; TR_i5-77-Red_Wel-Gordhaur_4.esp; TR_i5-77-Red_Wel-Gordhaur_5.esp

---

(-20, -2) Farmstead with a storage shack. Both buildings are to be made.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Unlocking.
Wel-Gordhaur
Developer

Post by Wel-Gordhaur »

I have not yet been promoted to Interior Modder, BUT I am in the final revision stages of my showcase and I have high hopes that I will be recommended to the Tamriel Rebuilt team.

The i5-77-Red caught my eye for a few reasons: it's part of the fifth map, the "Heartland" release, and I'd love to help get a jump start on that; it's affiliated with House Redoran, so there are some easy cultural references than can be included in the interior, and some others may be explored; and the interior is meant to be a farmstead and a storage shack, which means that this interior would be a great opportunity for TR to really detail the region and the NPCs in the interior, and it would be a great opportunity for me to develop and show evidence of my interior design skills for dwellings as well as "hostile" interiors (like the tomb I created for my showcase).

I have already begun work on i5-77-Red. I completed a rough floor plan (using paper and pencil) and immediately transferred the plan to the editor. As of this moment, the farmstead is complete. The farmstead uses the in_de_shack_02 shell, as I had plans to also create an interior for the i5-79-Red request. I believe that the in_de_shack_02 shell is appropriate for i5-77, too. I will experiment with linking the farmstead (which by all appearances is an actual shack) with a grander building for the storage "shack". The farmstead would be a more rustic getaway, while the storage building would act as a base for the residents' farming activity.

I foresee the farmstead and storage building being occupied by a Dunmer couple, a retired clothier (Marati Dralayn) and a working farmer (Baran Dralayn). Both mer have ties to House Redoran. Marati is a relative of Ureval Dralayn, hireling warrior in House Redoran. Baran was never officially affiliated with the House, but he was a consistent supporter of their members and sold crops to outposts on the mainland. Marati used to operate a shop in Mournhold. Baran was a local farmer in the Heartland region, and he met Marati after she retired and set out to travel across the rest of the mainland. The two elves are deeply in love.

Their rustic retreat is modest overall but shows signs of Marati's former career and of the honorable nature of both mer. The home is well-stocked with freshly-grown edibles and home-spun clothing. Marati cares for a healthy Willow Flower. Tools and baskets are of easy avail by the door. The home has a firepit placed directly under the chimney. The floor of their home is atypically decorated; it is not bare but is instead covered by a fine rug, crafted by Marati. The two mer share a keepsake box which contains a bolt of cloth, Baran's prized woodcutting axe, and a few other odds and ends. The couple share a large hammock with pillows at each end, and as they sleep, they are watched over lovingly by their ancestors. Following the "Ancestors and the Dunmer" book, the two have set up a Family Shrine above their bed, on which rests the book, an heirloom locket of Marati's, and Baran's family limeware urn. Both unique objects may provide quest hooks, if that is desired.

I have not determined what shell I will use for the storage building, but I plan on including several rooms; besides a basement which may connect the storage building to the rustic retreat, the building may also include a spare bedroom, a few equipment closets, a foyer, and possibly a shrine (to one of the saints) and then, of course, outdoor gardens.
Baran will grow plants appropriate to the region, possibly including more Willow Flower, some Corkbulb, and a field of Saltrice. Baran may also keep a guar or two.

I hope that my claim plan communicates my intentions well. Thank you for this opportunity. I look forward to contributing to Tamriel Rebuilt!

- Wel-Gordhaur
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Granting!
Wel-Gordhaur
Developer

Third Upload - File Details

Post by Wel-Gordhaur »

*** Update -- File Three, March 1st, 2014 ***
All of the concept notes from my initial claim still stand.

I have used the Redoran hut top floor and bottom floor (1 and 2 respectively) as the interior shell for the storage house. Yes, the storage house is larger and "grander" than their living quarters. This is intentional. I plan on creating the NPCs for this cell, too, if that is permitted, who fit into the background I established in my initial claim. The couple could even, perhaps, be the respected elders of a settlement or village. They usually sleep in the same bed, which is why there are two pillows on each bed in the storage house and farm shack, but they may also rotate between the two buildings and spend their days separately due to the demands of farming and housework.

The storage house includes several shelves: tool shelves, a festival supply shelf (?), and two shelves for recording and preparing food for storage. The bottom floor of the hut includes crated food, a small altar room, and a spare bed. Marati's loom room is also here with a unique shelving arrangement.

Some notable edits from previous versions to the third version:
- Dirty reference to a hut in Ald-Ruhn deleted
- A crates and barrels corner converted to the spare bed
- Floating plant pot fixed
- Stool in the farm house moved
- Comically small barrel deleted

COC command(s):

COC "[TR_i5-77-Red_01]Baran and Marati's Farmhouse"
COC "[TR_i5-77-Red_02]Baran and Marati's Storage House"
Wel-Gordhaur
Developer

Post by Wel-Gordhaur »

*** Update! File 4 - March 3rd, 2014 ***

Path grid and north marker set for the storage house.
All necessary ownership flags set for both cells.
Illegal-to-sleep-here markers set for both cells.

Next Steps: Add a few lines of unique dialogue to Baran and Marati. --> About this ... As I understand it, NPC'ing is usually a later stage, performed by someone else. I would love to be able to create NPCs and dialogue on my own, either for my own interiors or for others. I would like to know what the process of validation for that is.

I would also like some input on my current NPC choices (background, #, faction, class, etc.). Do we have a plan yet for how these buildings will be integrated into the larger world? Does a married couple make sense in context?

The latest file (file 4) does include a full path grid, ownership tags, and NPCs, in addition to the standard interior requirements and requests for this claim. I can strip the cells of the NPCs and the ownership tags and upload that as a simpler file, and then add some NPC notes here, if that's preferred.
Wel-Gordhaur
Developer

Post by Wel-Gordhaur »

I have revisited this file to organize and clean it.

The cells have been properly named: TR_i5-77-Red_01 and TR_i5-77-Red_02

The NPCs and related path grids and objects have been removed.

No other major changes have been made. If the farmhouse/storage shack flip is okay, then I'd say I'm ready for this one to go off for review.
horus
Developer

Post by horus »

So this entire claim will need to be redone. It was created before the exterior had even been made, and while it is well made, it's partially in the wrong style (Redoran) and doesn't match the exterior.

Since the user's last log in date was in mid 2014, I'm recommending that his simply be reopened as an int claim.
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

That's ashame. I'll reopen the claim on the new forums soon.
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand