Post by Aeven »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i4-470-Hla (#2669)
Faction: Hlaalu
Parent claim: TR_4-8-Hla (#145)
Claimed by: Parted User
Files: TR_i4-470-Hla_Wel-Gordhaur_1.esp; TR_i4-470-Hla_Wel-Gordhaur_2.esp

---

(-12, -27) Egg mine + cave. Interconnected.

The bottom entrance is a legal egg mine, and is actively worked.

The top half is a hostile area, and not in use as part of the mining operation. It could be an abandoned part of the mine, or something else entirely. Be sure to be creative about how these two places connect!
sasquatch
Developer

Post by sasquatch »

Player must climb up rubble from a collapsed overhead mineshaft to reach entrance for cave/ abandoned mine area. Will be roughly same size and detail as previous kwama mine claim.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Please finish another claim first.
sasquatch
Developer

Post by sasquatch »

would still like to claim this.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Grant.
sasquatch
Developer

Post by sasquatch »

please revoke. i will focus on my other claim.
my opinion.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

revoked by request
Wel-Gordhaur
Developer

Post by Wel-Gordhaur »

I'm not claiming this yet, but I have an idea for the theme of the interior.

"(-12, -27) Egg mine + cave. Interconnected.

The bottom entrance is a legal egg mine, and is actively worked.

The top half is a hostile area, and not in use as part of the mining operation. It could be an abandoned part of the mine, or something else entirely ... "

The lower half will, as the claim details request, be a legal egg mine. I'd like the cavern to be a mix of carefully excavated mine shafts and sprawling naturally-kwama-formed catacombs. The excavated portions would have the usual features for an egg mine: carts, rails, crates of eggs ... I think a few bedrolls or makeshift shelters deeper in the mine would be appropriate. Hidden nooks -- with abandoned nests, or forager groups, and dead miners -- spread throughout the excavations and the catacombs would be fun to do, too.

"Player must climb up rubble from a collapsed overhead mineshaft to reach entrance for cave/ abandoned mine area. Will be roughly same size and detail as previous kwama mine claim." -- Sasquatch

I'd like to preserve some of Sasquatch's original idea. Instead of a collapsed overhead mineshaft, though, the entrance to the upper portion of the cave will be a simple, barren tunnel formed early on in the "lifetime" of the mine. The first generation of kwama (that later went on to breed the current host of kwama in the mine) began excavation over another cave, and the rock collapsed (from some shearing of rock, or sinkhole, or some other natural accident), leaving the kwama to continue work in the lower cave.

The upper portion, then, will be part natural cavern and part Daedric ruin. A cult of Peryite worshippers found the collapsed tunnel and built the main portion of the shrine around the upper cave (Peryite is the Taskmaster -- a shrine to Peryite above a kwama nest is symbolically appropriate). They excavated the upper cave portion further, as well.
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Hello Wel-Gordhaur! I must say that in my opinion, you're idea for the mine seems great! However, if I'm not mistaken, Peryite is not worshiped by the Dunmer (or anyone known in Morrowind), so you should probably pick a different god for the shrine. Other than that, you're idea should fit perfectly into Morrowind! :D
Wel-Gordhaur
Developer

Post by Wel-Gordhaur »

The lower half will, as the claim details request, be a legal egg mine. I'd like the cavern to be a mix of carefully excavated mine shafts and sprawling naturally-kwama-formed catacombs. The excavated portions would have the usual features for an egg mine: carts, rails, crates of eggs ... I think a few bedrolls or makeshift shelters deeper in the mine would be appropriate. Hidden nooks -- with abandoned nests, or forager groups, and dead miners -- spread throughout the excavations and the catacombs would be fun to do, too.

I'd like to preserve some of Sasquatch's original idea. Instead of a collapsed overhead mineshaft, though, the entrance to the upper portion of the cave will be a simple, barren tunnel formed early on in the "lifetime" of the mine. The first generation of kwama (that later went on to breed the current host of kwama in the mine) began excavation over another cave, and the rock collapsed (from some shearing of rock, or sinkhole, or some other natural accident), leaving the kwama to continue work in the lower cave.

The upper portion, then, will be part natural cavern and part Daedric ruin. I'll have the worshippers be aligned with Sheogorath or Mehrunes Dagon rather than Peryite. I could make two different versions.
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

Grant! (with said reservations on dead miners)
Wel-Gordhaur
Developer

First File

Post by Wel-Gordhaur »

The first file includes the full shell for the egg mine portion only and not the upper cave portion.

Entrance to the Mine - Standard kwama egg mine entrance. Leads forward to a twisting passage, left to the egg nests, and right to a store-room.

Excavated Passage - Artificial excavation by the egg miners created to quickly access the egg nests. I plan to install a mine cart rail here.

Collapsed Tunnel # 1 - A failed attempt to install a second passage directly to the egg nests. Rot, I did place one skeletal corpse (container, fighter variety) in this area. My idea was that the passage collapsed, and one miner was trapped inside. The opening was too small for him to escape, so his fellow miners had no choice but to leave him there. The opening is wide enough, however, for a player to access the corpse's belongings if the player has a telekinesis spell. Let me know if this is acceptable.

Store Room - Final storage room before the exit. Excavated by the miners. I plan to place a few stacks of crates here and maybe a few egg baskets. A table and a chest may also be placed in here to act as a sort of "office" for whoever counts the eggs.

Egg Nests - Three round chambers, one looping chamber. I plan to nestle the eggs within rock formations. The eggs will be close to the sides of the passages.

Queen's Chamber - Small. Egg clusters are near the queen and more "out in the open" than the egg nests.

Collapsed Tunnel # 2 - Natural collapse.

Natural Cave - Small, round chamber. Formed by some natural geological process -- water run-off, maybe?

Imperial Scholar's Camp - I'd like to place a small camp here. Imperial scholar themed. Study focused on the formation of the egg mine and the morphology of the kwama.

Mining Camp - Mostly natural cave formation + excavation. Two bunk-bed rooms. One nook for common miner's belongings. Room at the back for the foreman, maybe?

Entrance to the Second Cave Portion - Collapsed rock, "dark hole" entrance.

The natural cave formations and the kwama tunnels have a rounder, curvier appearance because I believe that the cave looks more "organic" that way. The excavations made by the miners are more precise: straight tunnels and rectangular
chambers.

I've attached the shell plan as a .jpg file to this post.
Attachments
TR_i4-470-Hla Shell Plan Marked Digital 03-14-2014.jpg
(1.82 MiB) Downloaded 213 times
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

Shell is looking good,

- having a miner corpse in such clear view still seems weird, maybe if it was more obstructed? if it was a slave, on the other hand... (beast skulls might not be the same texture as corpses - not sure - but could have slave bracers, or just be a non-Dunmer worker)
either way - items in a skeleton container are a grey area but the weapon at least could be placed instead of being inside. Why would it be a chitin weapon and not a pickaxe, though?

- bigger concern is the connection to the hostile part, notably its being directly accessible on the way to inhabited/legal parts ('camp' etc). The "ledge" just before the dark passage would be good in that it would prevent normal access, but having these camp rooms/... beyond that point means there'd be stairs/ladders there

The kwama scholar is a really cool idea btw, even if these details on the kwama haven't been settled yet.
Wel-Gordhaur
Developer

Post by Wel-Gordhaur »

First round of detailing is complete.
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

I see you're getting creative with the detailing, nice. betacomments:

ex_de_cave_entrance_01 TR_i4-470-Hla 10536 -3744 -640 "opening too low to enter"
furn_de_overhang_04 TR_i4-470-Hla 10415 -3621 -591 "door bleeds in this when opened"

door_load_darkness00 TR_i4-470-Hla 2048 1568 704 "if it's no longer a dark hole leading to the cultist cave..."
in_moldboulder02 TR_i4-470-Hla 9888 1408 -160 "...should have some roadblock explaining why the miners don't go beyond that part which is obviously inhabited by the cultists (torches etc.)"

in_dae_rubble_01a TR_i4-470-Hla 8032 -6722 -1052 "stairs not climbable, are they supposed to be? if so, you can try 4-5 of them and an inclined flat invisible collision mesh on top (static: Collision Wall - INVISO!!)"
in_dae_rubble_01a TR_i4-470-Hla 8064 -8258 -1024 "same"
in_dae_rubble_01a TR_i4-470-Hla 12485 -8219 -1053 "same"
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

How goes work on this?
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

How goes work on this?
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Wel-Gordhaur
Developer

Post by Wel-Gordhaur »

It goes well. I have not had much time to work on it because of outside responsibilities, but I had made good progress on the project already. I'm in the detailing stage at the moment.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Any progress on this?
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Any progress to report?
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

This will be the last request for an update. The claim will be revoked if we do not hear from you.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Revoking due to modder inactivity.
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

Another one bites the dust. Pretty wild design was here, camp area, egg sorting room and outside excavation particularly nice.

This interior should be preserved! I would like to see mine tracks extended to sorting room and main entrance. Maybe split into several tracks to park carts for loading in a couple areas.
my opinion.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Yes, whoever claims this should definitely use the Weld-Gordhaur's last file if the quality is good.
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

something like this/, but extended into the large nearby room w room for a couple carts to be loaded at once as shown in storeroom and sorting area.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/VGk6281.png[/img]
Attachments
TR_i4-470-Hla_Wel-Gordhaur_REV01.esp
I'm suggesting something like this with the mine carts:
(100.6 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
my opinion.
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

I would also suggest the camp area be relocated as shown so it is closer to main entrance and storage:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/k93XMWa.png[/img]

I would also suggest that this level of interest and feedback should be shown for every large interior to help ensure quality results and continued progress. Maybe quest and NPCing ideas should be added on interior claim threads as well to inspire both interior design and later stages of development.
my opinion.
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

Claiming to complete original design. I will modify layout slightly to make miner camp more accessible and extend the tracks. I will brainstorm for quest and NPC as I complete the interior.
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

first update:

I have rough layout now. THings have been reorganized to make important sections more accessible and wild areas more remote. The lengthy repetitive tunnels have been reduced to make design more condensed.

Cart tracks will run through a black load door into a large, crafted kwama queen lair below the production and egg sorting area. There will also me a passage under construction adjacent to the tracks. At top will be a crane and rope used to pull the carts at bottom. Hook and rope is attached as they are sent down.

Another cave tunnel for alt route between interiors will be added as well. Both entrances between interiors will come out on a second large crafted 2 or 3 story cavern at intersection of exterior and 2 interior entrances/exits.
Attachments
TR_i4-470-Hla_Sasquatch_03.esp
(103.95 KiB) Downloaded 156 times
my opinion.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Please visit other claims first.
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Claiming! I'll finish this one up.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Have fun.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Any progress to report?
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

I've lost all inspiration to work on this claim. You may revoke it.
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Revoking as per developer request.
Boznirith
Developer

Post by Boznirith »

Hey team. I'd be happy to make this claim happen for us. Admittedly if granted I will most likely start from scratch however if that's alright.

I'll make an eggmine to standard on the bottom level and on the top level I will make a dwemer ruin of sorts, as I am quite skilled with the dwemer tile set. The connection between the two will most likely be some sort of crevice with a skill check much like the one in my claim i5-73-Red.

As always, looking forward!

~Boznirih
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Granting.
Tying into the Dwemer Ruins to the east is fine. Supposedly, the original cave was reversed, egg mine at top, ruins below, and required a lot of work to fix. So starting from scratch is fine with me.
Boznirith
Developer

Boznirith i4-470-Hla Question

Post by Boznirith »

Thanks for the grant, I'll begin working zealously. In addition to gratitude, I have a question about the claim as well. When creating this claim, I will likely create multiple cells in this instance. In TESCS how should multiple cells be labeled? Is something like "TR_i4-470-Hla_01","TR_i4-470-Hla_02" sufficient?
Boznirith
Developer

Post by Boznirith »

seneca37 wrote:Tying into the Dwemer Ruins to the east is fine..

-Have the dwarven ruins to the east been created? If so what is the claim labeled as?
Boznirith
Developer

Boznirith i4-470-Hla Question 3

Post by Boznirith »

And one more question. To clarify, is the egg mine entrance located at:

-ENT1(-92843,-215172,457):The lower entrance, Northern side of ridge, N facing
or
-ENT2(-96360,-220287,3185):The upper entrance, peak of ridge, NE Facing

I am assuming it is the ENT1.
Boznirith
Developer

Boznirith i4-470-Hla 1

Post by Boznirith »

I am using the lava cave set in my claim. Bordering an ash region, it seems reasonable to me.