i4-474-Hla

The interior claims in this forum are currently in the review process.

Moderators: Seneca37, Andres Indoril, Lead Developers

Aeven
Lead Developer

i4-474-Hla

Post by Aeven »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i4-474-Hla (#2673)
Faction: Hlaalu
Parent claim: TR_4-11-Hla (#148)
Claimed by: Bero
Files: TR_i4-474-Hla_Bero_1.esp

---

(0, -29) Eggmine, operational.
Bero
Reviewer

Post by Bero »

Claiming, de_p egg mine. So this egg mine have nothing to do with that outpost except that it is protected by it?
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Granting. Correct.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

How's work on this going, Bero?
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Bero
Reviewer

Post by Bero »

Back to the mines. This is my first eggmine so it might take some time till I get satisfied by it.
Completed Morrowind Interiors: 47
The trice sealed house withstands the storm.
Bero
Reviewer

Post by Bero »

How do I create the atmosphere of eggmine? Is it the light or what, because I don't really feel eggmine from that cave I created (not yet worth uploading) Any advices?
Ragox
Developer

Post by Ragox »

Bero wrote:How do I create the atmosphere of eggmine? Is it the light or what, because I don't really feel eggmine from that cave I created (not yet worth uploading) Any advices?
Especially the fog settings do wonders for such an int, imo.
Bero
Reviewer

Post by Bero »

Ahh I found one fog setting that I like in some other TR eggmine.
BTW I was thinking of adding little smuggling room that can even be connected to one house in outpost. There is surely lots of smuggling in hlaalu :D can I make it? Or is there some special plan for this hidden and yet place close to Almas Thirr and Andothren?
Bero
Reviewer

Post by Bero »

Done
I connected it with outpost cellar via "secret" part of cave If you don't like it you can remove it easily.
I hope I didn't overdo it :D
Tes96
Reviewer

1st Review

Post by Tes96 »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review: I left the lighting alone. While this interior could be a lot darker, Bero has a very nice fog setting and it's harder to see when the cave is pitch dark. The final reviewer can make it pitch dark if desired. I'm fine with it; not sure if Bero would be.

TR_i4-474-upper

-Added health to repair prongs and rotated
-F'ed furn_de_ex_stool_02
-Rotated barrel_01_torch near upper level main entrance
-Rotated Mazte
-Rotated barrel_01_ahnassi_drink, misc_com_bottle_05 and misc_com_bottle_07
-Moved misc_de_tankard_01 off of chair and onto ground
-Deleted misc_flask_03
-Adjusted miner picks so that they weren't bleeding into each other or the table and added health
-Added in_mold_rock_04 to hide caspering furn_rail_end00
-Deleted pathspears because they are blocking the path that leads to the door for the lower mine. This needs to be accessible. Added a light_tikitorch00 and light_sconce00_128 to the walkway
-Rotated furn_guarcart00
-flora_bc_mushroom_08 bleeding into rock
-Moved in_mold_rock_14 to allow for a wider walking path

TR_i4-474-lower

The smuggling room in the lower cavern is nice and done well, but it doesn't fit the theme of the outpost, which is to protect the eggmine from smugglers. It could very well be that these Hlaalu denizens are playing two roles by acting like they're protecting the egg mine but are really smuggling out of it. Although that opens up other problems like when other Hlaalu guards, especially ones of higher ranking, come to inspect the outpost and the mine and check up on how things are going.

-Deleted TR_cont_basket_01_pos. Miners don't need possessions when working in a mine; only food, water, clothing, lighting and tools.
-tr_misc_stn_jug bleeding into table. Deleted other stone jug
-Deleted barrels in the middle (7x); there are already plenty of containers in here for such a small group of people that live in this outpost
-Replaced crate_01_armorbonemold_ with crate_01_eggs.
-Deleted misc_de_pot_green_01 (2x)
-Replaced crate_02_pillows with crate_02_torch
-Replaced crate_02_bottle05_16 with crate_01_eggs (2x)
-Replaced light_de_candle_11_64 with light_de_candle_11_Off. This area is supposed to be discrete so less lighting here is more ideal for smugglers
-Deleted torch. The NPCs can carry torches in here when they tending to their smuggling business.
-Deleted kegstands. Even being smugglers, they wouldn't drag two large kegstands into a mine that they probably don't use all that often. If they want alcohol, they can just drink from the standard bottled kind or get drunk in their i4-473 home first and then come over to the mine.

-Deleted stacks of gold on the table. Smugglers would definitely keep that gold near them and not leave it out in the open on the table unattended
-Deleted apparatus_m_alembic_01
-Deleted bottle
-Replaced crate_Smuggler_01 with crate_01_eggs10
-Deleted barrel_02_Ingred
-Deleted BookSkill_Alchemy2
-Deleted apparatus_j_calcinator_01

-Replaced crate_02_random_pos with crate_01_eggs10
-Replaced crate_02 with crate_02_torch
-ex_de_docks_steps_01 bleeding into boards; rotated it

Comments You're very talented with designing the cave layout, Bero. However, the lower cavern smuggling theme was overdone, in my opinion. At first I didn't like the smuggling idea because I thought this outpost was to protect the mine, not to infringe and steal from it... or store their stolen goods here. But I'm fine with the smuggling. Questions come to mind though, like where are they getting all this stuff? And why are they keeping it here? To deal with this, I changed a lot of the containers to just be egg containers. It makes more sense for these guys to be smuggling eggs out of the cavern.

TR_i4-474-key should be in the inventory of one of the smuggling NPCs (please don't forget, NPCer) and not out on the table like it was in the original interior. Seems very careless, or if it was deliberate to leave it there, not very smart on the smugglers part. I changed it's name to TR_key_m4-474_cavern to adhere to TR naming conventions.

Awaiting final review.

Rating
Attachments
Clean TR_i4-474-Hla.esp
1st Review
(70.31 KiB) Downloaded 139 times
[url=http://www.project-tamriel.com/]Project Tamriel[/url]

"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."
sirrah
Developer

Post by sirrah »

LOWER
=====

Floaters:
furn_de_p_chair_01

Bleeders:
flora_bc_mushroom_06
ingred_diamond_01
food_kwama_egg_02

Caspering:
in_mold_rock_01
in_mold_rock_05

Other:
Removed flora_bc_mushroom hidden beneath rock.
Lowered lighting values slightly.
Added a Sound_Cave_Wind00 to the tall room leading to i4-473.

UPPER
=======

Floaters:
furn_de_ex_stool_02
T_Com_PotionBottle_01

Bleeders:
hammer_repair
T_Dwe_Regular_Dagger_01

Caspering:
in_mold_rock_05

As Tes96 notes, there is a custom key associated with these interiors that should be added to an NPC either in this interior, or the adjoining i4-473.

File has been uploaded on the new site.