q3-6-Mis

After a quest claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderator: Lead Developers

arvisrend
Lead Developer

q3-6-Mis

Post by arvisrend »

Claim type: Quest
Claim ID: TR_q3-6-Mis (#2696)
Faction: Misc
Parent claim: TR_3-1-Ind (#105)
Claimed by: Tondollari
Files: TR_q3-6-Mis_Tondollari_1.esp; TR_q3-6-Mis_Tondollari_2.esp; TR_q3-6-Mis_arvisrend_1.esp

---

Miscellaneous quests for Dreynim and Dreynim Spa. Come up with ideas, we'll discuss them and if we arrive at something good you'll get to implement it!

This area is severely underdeveloped right now, with as far as I can tell only one go-kill-a-bandit quest given by TR_m3_DreynimGuard. This area has a lot of potential, with a poor village relying on shipbuilding and fishing on one side of the river, and a luxurious spa on the other. Themes can be conflicts between the shacktown and the spa, or outlanders and Indoril nobles at the Spa, or something else entirely.
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Hey guys, get your design hats on. I want Dreynim to have some more quests, because the current offering is rather lackluster. Play through the area, get to know it a bit, and come up with nice, small, but interesting things to do here!
Tondollari
Developer

Post by Tondollari »

Okay, I have a design in mind:

Fedura, in her room in interior cell "Dreynim Spa, Hotel: Middle" is mildly concerned about her daughter, Folvalie. She hasn't seen her for a few hours, and has looked all around the resort. For now, she is waiting in the hotel room because she feels Folvalie will turn up there.

She asks the player to keep an eye out for Folvalie, at which point the player can say yes or no. First, a little background on Fedura & Folvalie: They were both born and raised in Cyrodiil. Fedura married a non-Dunmer shopowner in the Imperial City; Folvalie is a product of this union. She is visiting Morrowind with her daughter because she has dreamed of seeing the sites of the "motherland" since adolescence.

On this note, a question: Would surnames be essential for such characters? I'm leaning towards no surname, which I think would emphasize their status as outlanders.

When the player asks around the spa, the other visitors are no help whatsoever. Among the resort staff, however, there are rumors of a young Indoril oathman, Eddve Verethi, swooning over Folvalie. A little charming and/or bribing may get you directions to his room; a lot of it may yield a room key (if you promise to return it!).

Visiting the room, the player finds badly-written love poetry which mentions Eddve's wishes of wooing her by taking her to the "Valley of Azura, across the Orethan" (or words to this effect).

On this, noone in the resort is of use. The player will have to visit Dreynim proper to get input from the locals. Among the locals, only scout Droma Gethre in her shack (already existant) can provide proper directions and details.

The valley mentioned is a narrow one, across the river southwest of Dreynim (exterior cell 28, -25 Orethan Region), which at one time served as a passageway to a shrine of Azura (Ald Niripal).

In the valley, the player finds the scene I described earlier; Folvalie next to the unconscious Eddve. This time, the player simply has to examine Eddve for him to get up. He talks about defective potions and gives the player the ones he didn't use. Folvalie is no longer interested in Eddve and promises to return to the resort.

As far as the potion goes: I'm thinking it would have properties of +25ish personality and drain fatigue. Would it make sense if it were a defective perfume sold to Eddve by a swindler, perhaps masquerading as Telvanni bug musk? Or would a simple "spoiled fortify personality" be better?

Also, as far as the reward goes: I'm not sure these defective potions constitute a proper reward. I'm thinking that Folvalie would give something to the player in exchange for secrecy, but I'm not sure what. I think afterwards, the mother will remain ignorant of Eddve, the incident in the valley, or the player's involvement in it.
Tondollari
Developer

Post by Tondollari »

Tondollari wrote: In the valley, the player finds the scene I described earlier; Folvalie next to the unconscious Eddve.
Oh, and to elaborate on this for people not in IRC at the time: Folvalie is next to the unconscious Eddve, in distress. She says Eddve showed signs of fatigue before they got to the valley, and when they finally got to an area Eddve was satisfied with, he passed out. This is because he kept taking these defective "fortify personality" potions during the journey and the results of their "damage fatigue" property compounded to the point of him passing out.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

I like the design, but I can't answer the surname question. You'll need to do some explaining why Eddve is unconscious all the time and suddenly manages to stand up without any help when the player "activates" him. (Say he fell asleep? Hint at alcohol?) You can make it either spoiled bug musk or just spoiled potions, but make sure to give it a long-run Drain Fatigue effect. (I wouldn't mind if the player's alchemy skill would be necessary to figure this out, and if the skill is insufficient he would just help Eddve get up again and later hears about what happened from Folvalie's mother.)
gro-Dhal
Lead Developer

Post by gro-Dhal »

No surnames is ok, but Eddve isn't a great Dunmer first name. [url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Dunmer_Names#Morrowind_2]Take a look at some others[/url]

Welcome aboard btw, always good to see new questers
Test
Tondollari
Developer

Post by Tondollari »

arvisrend wrote:I like the design, but I can't answer the surname question. You'll need to do some explaining why Eddve is unconscious all the time and suddenly manages to stand up without any help when the player "activates" him. (Say he fell asleep? Hint at alcohol?) You can make it either spoiled bug musk or just spoiled potions, but make sure to give it a long-run Drain Fatigue effect. (I wouldn't mind if the player's alchemy skill would be necessary to figure this out, and if the skill is insufficient he would just help Eddve get up again and later hears about what happened from Folvalie's mother.)
Could I just go with "fell asleep" instead of "fell unconcious" then? Folvalie could tell the player that he fell asleep as soon as they got there, and she hasn't been able to wake him. And yes, the damage fatigue effect would be a slow burn, maybe 1 damage for 100 seconds? That would make it damage as much fatigue as "standard restore fatigue" would restore.
Gro-Dhal wrote:No surnames is ok, but Eddve isn't a great Dunmer first name. Take a look at some others
Edryno, then.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Tondollari wrote:Could I just go with "fell asleep" instead of "fell unconcious" then? Folvalie could tell the player that he fell asleep as soon as they got there, and she hasn't been able to wake him. And yes, the damage fatigue effect would be a slow burn, maybe 1 damage for 100 seconds? That would make it damage as much fatigue as "standard restore fatigue" would restore.
I'm not sure about 1 damage, as NPCs do restore fatigue by default. Maybe 3 or something.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Because your quest plan includes a young Indoril trying his hand at romance, you might want to read through [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24252]this text[/url] to come up with a fitting tone for his dialogue. Even though it isn't finished yet, it still has some great stuff that helps characterizes Indoril views on matters of the heart. Of course, the character in your quest doesn't have to follow the traditional approach outline in the book to a T, but I'd like to see some of it taken into account.

You might also want to explain in more detail why an Indoril Oathsman would be interested in an outlander girl. Is he smitten by her looks and simply doesn't know about her background? Otherwise, his actions aren't in line with the typical Indoril opinion of foreigners.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Tondollari
Developer

Post by Tondollari »

Yeti wrote:You might also want to explain in more detail why an Indoril Oathsman would be interested in an outlander girl. Is he smitten by her looks and simply doesn't know about her background? Otherwise, his actions aren't in line with the typical Indoril opinion of foreigners.
The Indoril is young, and is attracted to Folvalie because such a union with an outlander would be forbidden by custom and family. Of course, the affair is kept very secret. I assume that such unions would be kept secret, as I cannot recall ever seeing an open union between a native Dunmer and outlander. In my mind, native Dunmer are very capable of secret perversion. (Boethiah's Pillow Book, anyone?)

Is being tempted by such forbidden fruit impossible considering Indoril lore? If it isn't, I feel that I can write the union realistically. If it is, it is not essential that the character be associated with the Indoril.

Also, is this title typically granted to older and more dutiful members? If so, I can either lower the rank or not make him an official Indoril member, but be of Indoril parentage. I am leaning towards the latter.

Also, an update:
*There will be vials of "Spoiled Telvanni Bug Musk" in his room, perhaps with a bill of sale, but Edryon will not be aware of the "side effect" or give any to the player. The reward will be given by Folvalie, but I am still mulling over what it would be. Some keepsake she picked up in Cyrodiil, I think.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Tondollari wrote:The Indoril is young, and is attracted to Folvalie because such a union with an outlander would be forbidden by custom and family. Of course, the affair is kept very secret. I assume that such unions would be kept secret, as I cannot recall ever seeing an open union between a native Dunmer and outlander. In my mind, native Dunmer are very capable of secret perversion. (Boethiah's Pillow Book, anyone?)
Sounds good to me. As long as you make it clear that he's going against Indoril social norms it should be good.
Tondollari wrote:Also, is this title typically granted to older and more dutiful members? If so, I can either lower the rank or not make him an official Indoril member, but be of Indoril parentage. I am leaning towards the latter.
If someone is born to Indoril parents, they are automatically an Indoril (they're very big on maintaining family lineages and hierarchies). An Oathman is someone who has taken an oath to serve House Indoril exclusively, but isn't a fully initiated member of the House yet. I think the rank is fitting for the character you're writing.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Tondollari
Developer

Post by Tondollari »

Okay, I think I have a more complete design outlined:

1.) The player talks to Fedura (Interior Cell "Dreynim Spa, Hotel: Middle"; the room with "Fool's Ebony" books in it), and she asks that the player keep an eye out for her daughter, Folvalie, whom she hasn't seen for a few hours. Dialogue topic added: "Folvalie".

2.) With a moderately high disposition, members of the spa staff will tell the player rumors of Edryon, a young Indoril (Edryon), being smitten with Folvalie. Deelan, the Redguard cleaner (same interior cell), will be able to give directions and a room key with very high disposition.

3.) The room is very close to Deelan. It has a copy of "Lives of the Saints" on the bedside table and a writing desk. Under the desk, 3 vials of "Spoiled Telvanni Bug Musk" with bill of sale are added. On top of the desk is some terrible poetry which gives a clue about Edryon and Folvalie's whereabouts: "Azura's Valley, across the Orethan".

4.) The player can go to Dreynim proper and ask the locals about topic "Azura's Valley". Only the scout, Droma Gethre, can give directions. I'm thinking that Droma will say the valley used to be a passageway to a shrine of Azura, but it was closed off by a rockslide long ago. Is this lore-friendly?

5.) The player goes into Azura's valley and finds Folvalie, in distress over Edryon, who fell asleep as soon as they found a place he was satisfied with. The player wakes Edryon up and he is mostly at a loss for words, being caught in such an embarassing situation. Folvalie gives the player a glove (Expensive Right Glove) that has a "Cast On Use" Sanctuary 1-20 points for 15 seconds on Self enchantment. Folvalie mentions that Moren Silanus, the trader in Dreynim, was very interested in buying it when she visited.

6.) Edryon and Folvalie both return to the spa. The quest is done, but if the player talks to Moren Silanus under topic "Folvalie", she will give an option to buy the gloves at base value (~200 drakes). Doing this will also increase her disposition. This way, there is a "reward choice" of unique glove or cash + trader disposition increase.

Does all of this appear to be in order?
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Tondollari wrote:bill of sale
Doesn't sound appropriate. Why do you need that?
Tondollari wrote:Folvalie gives the player a glove (Expensive Right Glove) that has a "Cast On Use" Sanctuary 1-20 points for 15 seconds on Self enchantment. Folvalie mentions that Moren Silanus, the trader in Dreynim, was very interested in buying it when she visited.

6.) Edryon and Folvalie both return to the spa. The quest is done, but if the player talks to Moren Silanus under topic "Folvalie", she will give an option to buy the gloves at base value (~200 drakes). Doing this will also increase her disposition. This way, there is a "reward choice" of unique glove or cash + trader disposition increase.
Not sure what I think about this part. It's not bad per se but I think it adds more difficulty for you as the quest writer without making the quest proportionally more interesting for the player. It stands and falls with your ability to make Folvalie's dialogue when giving the glove to the player sound natural rather than gameplayish.

BTW: Folvalie's parents will probably have some kind of dialogue about the quest afterwards. What would it be? You should decide if they are to scold her or to laud her for keeping watch over the unconscious Edryno or a mix of the both...
Tondollari
Developer

Post by Tondollari »

In retrospect, I agree. The bill of sale and the alternative gold will be omitted.

The father is not present, tending his shop in the Imperial City. I want to keep his identity vague (potential conflict with Project:Cyrodiil), but he is definitely not Dunmer. The mother, Fedura, is astonished that Folvalie would stick around while Edryno slept. Fedura would usually leave afterwards. But she notes that there was virtue in it.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

I don't think the name "Valley of Azura" should be used here. A grandiose name like that should be reserved for a much more special location.

Does this valley even need a name? The player could simply be directed to it without anyone referring to what it's called.

At this stage I wouldn't worry about possible conflicts with PC. They can always match us if they ever start work on the Imperial City. Regardless, I like the backgrounds that you've given these characters.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Great!

Agreeing with Yeti. If there ever is going to be a "valley of Azura", our mentioning it in the wrong place will confuse the player.

I'm sending this to Unclaimed. Tondollari, are you claiming it?
Tondollari
Developer

Post by Tondollari »

Okay. In the bad poetry, I think I'll refer to the valley as something like "Valley overlooked by Moon and Star, in the Orethan's winding shadow". The key topic would be "Edryon's poetry" when the player makes inquiries about the location. The scout answering the inquiry would say something along the lines of "The only such valley I can think of nearby is southwest of here. It used to serve as a path to a shrine of Azura, but was cut off by a rockslide long ago."

Yes, I'd like to claim it.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

You have to click the claim button then. ;)
Tondollari
Developer

Post by Tondollari »

I would like to implement the quest design detailed within this thread.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Granting. Have fun and feel free to post if you have any questions or concerns.
Tondollari
Developer

Post by Tondollari »

Here is a draft of the "bad poetry" referenced before, which the player will find in Edryon's room:
Oh! Folvalie
Your skin sullied by foreign winds
Bound neither by land nor law
How I love you.
The bones of earth compel me
Into a desire transcending ritual.

Oh! Folvalie
Name sundered by rocks of Veloth
Legs not rooted to land
But instead to the sky, travelling endlessly
Your strange beauty forbade by spirits.

Oh! Folvalie
How I yearn to cross the Orethan
And take you to Azura's bosom,
Where we will pour ink into the river,
And soil the land with our love.
I am considering including a stanza referencing ALMSIVI, but am unsure where to go with that. Any thoughts on its current state?
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

I think this would be fine as is, but feel free to include an additional stanza if you feel inspired. For intentionally bad poetry, you sure delivered this with a creative flair. I love the "skin sullied by foreign winds" line.

Anyway, you should shoot gro-Dhal a pm about looking this over.
gro-Dhal
Lead Developer

Post by gro-Dhal »

Did someone mention me?

It looks ok as far as i'm concerned. Bad love poetry often singles out particular features of the object of affection and describes them in an awkward way, but this looks good enough.
Test
Tondollari
Developer

Post by Tondollari »

Edit: disregard this post

Update attached. The quest should be workable up to journal 60. Fedura is placed and everything should be fine in Dreynim Spa and Dreynim shantytown. Basically everything leading up to going into the valley. Anything past this is placeholder.

I'd like to know if it seems decent so far. Other than that, I just have one question before proceeding: There is a creature spawn on top of where Folvalie and Edryon would ideally go. What should I do with it?
Last edited by Tondollari on Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

I fear I don't have the time to look at your esp yet, but to answer the question: Make a list of "merge instructions" consisting of all things that can only be done after merging in your file. One of these will be (re)moving the creature spawn. Post the merge instructions somewhere in a visible place (make them have size 25 like this).

Great to see this progressing so quickly!
Tondollari
Developer

Post by Tondollari »

Alright. What things specifically can only be done when merging? Just deleting objects?
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

I think moving references and editing references (e. g., linking doors or giving containers ownership) are problematic as well. Modifying objects (e. g., changing a script, or giving an NPC a script) seems fine. I don't know about deleting objects; better don't do that. Never edit a cell name (the ESP format refers to interior cells by their names, so if you rename a cell "A" as "B" you'll be left with two mostly identical cells "A" and "B" upon merge). New objects and references are always fine as far as I can tell.
Tondollari
Developer

Post by Tondollari »

I expect to have the quest done in full by tomorrow or the day after, so if you haven't gotten a look at the previous file, you may want to wait until then for me to officially submit it for review.
Tondollari
Developer

Post by Tondollari »

Complete! Should be fully operational. I would like a review.

Merge instructions: exterior cell 28, -25, Alt Orethan region has a creature spawn in the narrow valley where Edryon and Folvalie are. It should be elsewhere. - done

Walkthrough:

To begin quest, go to hotel and talk to Fedura in a room on the second floor of "Dreynim Hotel, Middle". With very high disposition, the Bosmer hotelkeeper in "Dreynim Hotel, Bottom" will admit to strange rumors. Alternatively, the Imperial working in the restaurant's kitchen has looser lips. After this, talk to Declan in "Dreynim Hotel, Middle" and he will let you borrow a key so you can read Edryon's poetry. After this, you should head to Dreynim shantytown for directions. The scout there will help you for a small fee or high disposition. You will find Folvalie in the narrow valley with sleeping Edryon. Talk to her, wake Edryon up, then head back to the hotel and talk to Fedura for a reward.

After completion, Edryon will be disabled and Folvalie will be in the resort's hot springs.

Question:
It seems that reloading in front of sleeping Edryon causes him to get up and fall back down. In his script, I am able to avoid this by placing "( Playgroup, knockout, 1 )" in the "paralyze" if block, but it negates the paralyze effect that gives the illusion of sleeping. Any suggestions?
Last edited by Tondollari on Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

To the reviewing section, then!

---------------

EDIT

tr_m3_dr_daughter Stage 0

My Daughter's Keeper
QUEST NAME: My Daughter's Keeper

tr_m3_dr_daughter Stage 10

Fedura, in the hotel at Dreynim Spa, would like me to keep an eye out for her daughter, Folvalie. She hasn't seen her for a few hours and has looked all over the resort.
QSTR: Quest_Restart

tr_m3_dr_daughter Stage 15

I told Fedura that I had no time to look for Folvalie.
FINISHED!

tr_m3_dr_daughter Stage 20

I told Fedura that I would keep an eye out for Folvalie. Fedura mentioned that she was suspicious of the Bosmer running the hotel. who was evasive under her questioning.
QSTR: Quest_Restart

tr_m3_dr_daughter Stage 30

There are rumors among the resort's staff that a young Indoril, Edryon, is smitten with Folvalie. Declan, a cleaner at the hotel, is the source of these rumors.

tr_m3_dr_daughter Stage 40

Declan suspects the young Indoril is involved with Folvalie's disappearance, due to some poetry he found while cleaning Edryon's room. He let me borrow his room key to investigate it.

tr_m3_dr_daughter Stage 50

I found love poetry in Edryon's room dedicated to Folvalie. In it, he writes that he would like to "Cross the Orethan" and take her to "Azura's bosom". I should ask around about Edryon's poetry.

tr_m3_dr_daughter Stage 60

Droma Gethre, a scout in Dreynim, had an idea about what "Azura's bosom" refers to. To get there, I should take the path leading southwest of Dreynim and stop when I see tree stumps on my right. Here, I should cross the Orethan river, and head northwest into a narrow valley obscured by thick vegetation.

tr_m3_dr_daughter Stage 65

I found Folvalie in a narrow valley west of Dreynim. She accompanied Edryon into the valley, but Edryon fell asleep as soon as they found a spot he was satisfied with. She has since been watching over him.

tr_m3_dr_daughter Stage 70

I woke up Edryon, who was at a loss for words due to the embarrassment.

tr_m3_dr_daughter Stage 75

Folvalie, no longer interested in Edryon, promised to return to Dreynim Spa. I should return to Fedura with the good news.

tr_m3_dr_daughter Stage 80

Fedura thanked me for finding her daughter and gave me a family heirloom.
FINISHED!

tr_m3_dr_daughter Stage 85

In a narrow valley west of Dreynim, I found a young woman, Folvalie, standing over a sleeping man. It seems she accompanied him into the valley, but he fell asleep as soon as they found a suitably romantic spot.

tr_m3_dr_daughter Stage 90

I woke up the young man, Edryon. He was at a loss for words.

tr_m3_dr_daughter Stage 95

Folvalie thanked me for waking up Edryon, and said she would return to Dreynim Spa.
FINISHED!

tr_m3_dr_daughter Stage 100

Fedura rewarded me with a family heirloom for assisting Folvalie.
FINISHED!

tr_m3_dr_daughter Stage 1

Edryon is dead.
FINISHED!
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Sent back pro-forma to ensure everyone has the priveleges to download and playtest this quest.
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Fixed a couple typos and changed to ESP dependency.
Tondollari
Developer

Post by Tondollari »

Removed journal 25, special Declan script deleted because generic NPC script does same job, some dialogue changed, reactions to character death added.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Any progress made on this, Tondollari?
Tondollari
Developer

Post by Tondollari »

It's done AFAIK.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

In that case, moving to review.
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

attached with some fixes,
TODO: check if the knockout animation issue ever happens here, fix the guy's sleeping godmode (only dies upon waking up), playtest changes

[spoiler]TR_m3_q_6_Edryon - regrouped, removed timer, removed DoOnce, controlQ
TR_m3_q_6_poetry_activate - removed OnPCEquip (assume mtkly declared in msfd example even tho not used)

greeting1 - replaced "setdisposition 25" if killed daughter/edryon by ModDisposition for the usual reasons
"Leave me to my grief, %PCName." ... - removed impossible cell conditions

Folvalie
"It's alright, %PCName. I know you have more important things to do." - added restart option
"Thanks, I'll keep it in a safe place. I appreciate your thoroughness, %PCName." - added doonce so you don't steal&repeat

Edryon's poetry
"I don't know what "Azura's bosom" might be" - key count check changed from == 1 to >= 1 (should always on principle, but key can also be picked from him before all that so doubling entirely possible)
"You read Edryon's poetry? Awful tripe. But where's the key I let you borrow?" - count != 1 to < 1 (same)

journal & text - removed double whitespaces
"make controversy" > create[/spoiler]
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

attached, more fixes and done.
maybe add a rumour to lead to Fedura's room? Or have her door open by default?
should probably add "Edryon's poetry" topic to Declan's greeting, could be easy to miss and not know what to do otherwise.

[spoiler]seems knockdown animation never fails here (maybe due to negative setfatigue every frame? or necessarily triggered by load animation?)

TR_m3_q_6_Edryon - added sounds, nohello, nolore, slowed animation further, fixed godmode, fails quest on death.
TR_m3_Edryon Rorvan - made health static, changed stats avoid silly mechanics
TR_m3_Folvalie,TR_m3_Edryon Rorvan - fixed 0 alarm to 90
added dead=0 condition to questcomplete entries.
fixed restart option & changed subsequent disposition requirements to avoid unselectable topic
"Thank you again for finding Folvalie." - conditioned/duplicated against not completed or never met her yet
added ClearInfoActor to generic entries[/spoiler]

merge instructions: make TR_m3_q_6_key open its door
Attachments
TR_q3-6-Mis_Tondollari_4rv.esp
(38.54 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Minor update, a few typos fixed. I have replaced "forbade" by "forbidden" in "Your strange beauty forbade by spirits", as I think bad poetry does not imply bad grammar.

I also assumed "[a valley] clustered with trees" is a misspelling of "cluttered with trees".

Issues I haven't dealt with:

- This dialogue on Fedura is never said:
Record: INFO "2908619457134302" (Topic:edryon's poetry) Flags:0x0000 ()
[...]
ONAM: Actor:TR_m3_Fedura
NAME: Response:
Thanks, I'll keep it in a safe place. I appreciate your thoroughness, %PCName.
*SCVR: Index:0 Type:(Item) Function:(Item_Type) Comparison:(>=) Name:TR_m3_q_6_poetry
INTV: Compare_Value:1
*SCVR: Index:1 Type:(Local) Function:(Variable_Compare) Comparison:(=) Name:controlQ
INTV: Compare_Value:0
BNAM: Result: player->removeitem "TR_m3_q_6_poetry" 1

"TR_m3_Fedura"->additem "TR_m3_q_6_poetry" 1

set controlQ to 1

moddisposition 10

ClearInfoActor
since Fedura doesn't have a controlQ variable (she doesn't have any script, in fact). I assume it should also be conditioned to journal greater-or-equal 60?

- "I hope it protects you in your travels as it has mine." (appears twice) Is this correct? I'd rather expect "as it has protected me in mine".

- Why is this response "I may have heard something, but such rumors should only be shared between friends." conditioned to journal less-than-70 rather than less-than-65?

- TR_m3_Folvalie00000000 Alt Orethan Region (28,-25) 234624 -198177 854 "she is an imperial and hates morrowind. she hsouldn't have the 'latest rumors' about abolitionists. maybe she should just have nolore"

- "travelling" I think is BE.

EDIT: The river through Dreynim should be renamed "Av Orethan" (Swiftoak's suggestion, but the "Orethan" is a different river). Any problems with that?
Attachments
TR_q3-6-Mis_Tondollari_4rv.esp
(39.64 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

Above-mentioned changes done. Remains to merge and do the merge instructions: make TR_m3_q_6_key open its door.
Attachments
TR_q3-6-Mis_Tondollari_5.esp
(38.7 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
dumpq3-6.txt
(63.06 KiB) Downloaded 117 times