Post by arvisrend »

Claim type: Quest
Claim ID: TR_q3-7-Dre (#2698)
Faction: Dres
Parent claim: TR_3-1-Ind (#105)
Claimed by: Parted User
Files: None

---

Miscellaneous quests for Dreynim and Dreynim Spa. Come up with ideas, we'll discuss them and if we arrive at something good you'll get to implement it!

This area is severely underdeveloped right now, with as far as I can tell only one go-kill-a-bandit quest given by TR_m3_DreynimGuard. This area has a lot of potential, with a poor village relying on shipbuilding and fishing on one side of the river, and a luxurious spa on the other. Themes can be conflicts between the shacktown and the spa, or outlanders and Indoril nobles at the Spa, or something else entirely.

q3-6 brought one quest. I wouldn't mind another focussing, e. g., on the "conflicts between the shacktown and the spa" mentioned above. Better yet: I'd normally assume only select workers are allowed to settle in Dreynim in the first place, so as to prevent conflicts from arising -- House Indoril certainly wouldn't let that get out of its control!. I'm envisioning someone who is trying to relocate to Dreynim and is missing the "clearance" for this, asking the player for some kind of help in getting it.
DestinedToDie
Developer

Post by DestinedToDie »

http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24461

Make that Nord a noble and he'd fit?
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

While I can see why he is a Nord, an obnoxious drunk Dunmer noble might fit better. A Nord noble could work, but in that case I don't think the staff would be too concerned about his dying. It's just another stupid outlander getting himself offed. One assumes the guests who really matter, namely Dunmer, would know better.
DestinedToDie
Developer

Post by DestinedToDie »

There already is a quest with an obnoxious (drunk from love) dumner in the spa. He might even be a little tipsy, considering he fell asleep after a short walk.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

I'm not sure whether their roles are similar enough to be considered overlapping, but I see your point. I am somewhat concerned that Dreynim Spa could appear to be unusually outlander friendly, considering that it is rather near the center of Indoril lands, and that Indoril nobles generally wouldn't want to be around outlanders if they can avoid it.