Naval wharf

Development of the Imperial city of Old Ebonheart on the Eastern Mouth of the Thirr River.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

I wanted to chime on this.

One of the reasons for the current layout of the city is because we had a cliffside harbor in the old iteration of the city. It necessitated some very awkward work-arounds to move between the docks and castle/city. I believe we had a stupidly long interior staircase. Ultimately we axed it because letting the city come to the waterfront felt a lot more natural, and was much easier to get around for the player.

I know its a cool idea, but I'm worried about implementation. As stated earlier, for this to not look and play stupid, its gonna need a decent amount of new resources which will take time.
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

I've revised the Docks and added an Imperial warship there. The interior is up for claiming [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24735]here[/url].

The ship needs a name.
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

Docks and position of ships should be revised.
my opinion.
TheTanner

Post by TheTanner »

I greatly approve of abandoning this cave wharf idea! Even though it sounds cool and might've even looked good in the game, I think there is one BIG reason why it is a rather bad idea. To me it screams SOLITUDE! It's just very unoriginal. Does every big Imperial city in provinces has a huge cave for ships? Sounds very unreasonable.

But for a smugglers/pirates cave it could be a nice thing. It's cliche, but not in a bad way. It could also be an HQ of some new smugglers faction, which could offer job for the player. Or maybe implemented in quest lines of other factions like Hlaalu or TG. That sounds cool.

Anyway, hello to everybody. Like your project, like it a lot. Wish you had more manpower behind, because the ideas and organization are on top level. I am thinking about joining you, I have some experience with CS, but right now I don't have too much time on my hands. Should be working on an assignment, but this topic got my attention so much that I even decided to register, just to insert my 5 cents, even though it seems that the idea was thankfully abandoned some time ago.