TrainingDummy's Interior Showcase

In order to implement content in-game, you must be a Developer. This is the place for you to introduce yourself, and apply to become a TR Developer.

Moderator: Lead Developers

TrainingDummy
Developer

TrainingDummy's Interior Showcase

Post by TrainingDummy »

I've only been using the Construction Set for a couple days now, but I feel that I have a good enough grasp on it to help out with the mod. I'm interested in learning more about the lore within the game, and help contribute to the mod however I can.

My interior is a two story Hlaalu home owned by an intellectual fisherman, who happens to have a skooma problem.
Attachments
Clean TrainingDummy_Showcase_01.ESP
(9.74 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

I took a very quick glance at your interior. There are a few things you could fix while waiting for a proper reviewer to pop by:

Clean: yes
Fits Exterior: NA (however, your shell has a rather odd shape. I'd consider choosing a particular Hlaalu building model and making a shell for it.)
Illegal to Sleep: no (should be yes)
Lighting Settings: default (should be similar to other Hlaalu ints)
Northmarker: no (there should be one)

Review:
-carpets can be bled more.
-De_P_Chest_03 and chest_small_wooden do not follow proper TR naming convention. I almost mistook them for dirty references in TESAME. I suggest you change the IDs to either something like TrainingDummy_chest_books or TR_cont_showcase_ChestBooks.
Lower Floor:
-furn_de_rope_03s can be sunk more so that they don't poke out of the top of the beams.
-one of the TR_MomoFishHanging01 isn't touching the net.
-you can 'f' the broom again, it's currently floating slightly.
Upper Floor:
-the fishing pole is bleeding a little into the chair's armrest. It could be shifted a little.
-ingred_crab_meat_01 is bleeding through misc_com_redware_plate very slightly.
-placement of objects on the de_p table is rough, but might be good enough. I'd adjust the cutlery, book and cloth, though.
-De_P_Chest_03 probably should be locked.
-bk_BriefHistoryEmpire1_oh could probably be made to rest a little better on the chest.

Comments: Your object placement is good, but perhaps a little sparse. It's definitely a good start, though. Welcome to TR!
TrainingDummy
Developer

Post by TrainingDummy »

Hey Gnomey,

Thanks for taking a look at my interior. I haven't been able to work on it too much due to school, but I've added quite a bit more stuff to it today.

I tried to make the house less of an odd shape by adding another room downstairs, and a door to a balcony upstairs.
I also added a north marker and fixed most of the problems you listed.

The bookshelf downstairs is still a work in progress.
Attachments
Clean TrainingDummy_Showcase_02.ESP
(13.86 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
TrainingDummy
Developer

Post by TrainingDummy »

Ok, I finished the downstairs, added door markers, and changed the lighting for the interior.

so I think I'm finally done and ready for review.

Let me know if anything needs to be changed.
Attachments
Clean TrainingDummy_Showcase_05.ESP
(15.2 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

I took another look at the interior:

Lower Floor:
-bm_bearhead_brown could be shifted slightly along the 'x' axis to rest on the wall
-misc_flask_04 doesn't need to bleed as much as it does
-misc_de_bowl_bugdesign_01 doesn't need to bleed as much as it does
-one 'f' too many on the broom. :P
-in_hlaalu_room_side and in_hlaalu_room_entry do not match up! Check the ceiling. I think you could get away with blocking the resulting casper with wooden planks, in_hlaalu_doorjamb or something else.
Upper Floor:
-misc_de_cloth11 is still not resting properly on the table.

Comments: I'm not sure whether it's necessary for the Storage Room door to have a unique ID. As far as the doormarkers are concerned, keep in mind that the player appears in the middle of the doormarker. They can be bled into the doors a little, so that the player appears in front of the door rather than well within the room. TR_furn_com_p_bkend is a minor case of style mixing, but I don't think it's a problem.

Other than the mismatching room tiles, all of the errors are very minor. More importantly, I think you have shown that you are able and willing to go back and fix errors when they are pointed out. So, for what it's worth, (I'm not a reviewer, so it's not worth much), I'm recommending you for promotion.
TrainingDummy
Developer

Post by TrainingDummy »

Hey Gnomey, thank you for the recommendation.

I fixed the issues you listed, except for the -in_hlaalu_room_side and in_hlaalu_room_entry not matching up. I couldn't figure out what you were talking about, so I took a screenshot of the area in question (correct me if I'm wrong)
Attachments
TrainingDummy_Example.jpg
Let me know if this is the area you were talking about.
(495.67 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
Clean TrainingDummy_Showcase_06.ESP
(15.27 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

No, check the ceiling right above the bookshelf on the lower floor.
TrainingDummy
Developer

Post by TrainingDummy »

Wow, I'm seriously surprised I never noticed that!

I'll see what I can come up with.
TrainingDummy
Developer

Post by TrainingDummy »

Okay. So after trying to cover up that one part for awhile, and ending up with more issues than I started with, I decided to completely replace all of the walls downstairs.

It looks nicer now, and I was able to remove quite a few room posts I had in there.
Attachments
Clean TrainingDummy_Showcase_07.ESP
I think it's safe to say this is the final version.
(15.22 KiB) Downloaded 117 times
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Taking a look at this, and I'm also giving you my recommendation. Hopefully Thrigrar Fraxix (our final int. reviwer and forum admin) will take a final look at this and push the buttons to give you your rank and title.

I apologize for the delay, and hope you are interested in returning. Feel absolutely free to bump your showcase in the event some of us miss it, because these things happen (given the fact it's that time of year where everyoe is busy IRL and the fact TR itself is being reorganized right now).
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Congratulations, TrainingDummy, I've added you to the Developers usergroup. Feel free to start working on interior claims now. Any future showcase work you do should be posted in this thread.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
TrainingDummy
Developer

Post by TrainingDummy »

Thanks guys, I'm glad to finally be a part of the team!