Fort Lutemoth

Developing the city of Almalexia. Currently on HIATUS.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Yeti
Lead Developer

Fort Lutemoth

Post by Yeti »

There has been some discussion recently about possibly removing Fort Lutemoth as it currently stands (next to Almalexia, for those who don't know), and re-using its awesome easter egg name elsewhere. Gnomey made some good points concerning this in a different thread:
Gnomey wrote:As far as the name is concerned, it's not as though we have a surplus of brilliant Imperial Fort names, so I'm sure the name can be used elsewhere. The exterior itself looks rather easy to relocate, for that matter, if it is deemed worth keeping.

I personally think the Imperials already have enough presence in the area (I believe they will have some presence in Almalexia, at least going by current plans), and that Old Ebonheart being handed over to the Imperials probably already caused enough offense to Indoril without a legion fort so close to the capital of Morrowind.

I also have no idea what strategic purpose the fort would serve. The region is safe, while Almalexia is far too large to be threatened by such a small garrison.
This is actually kind of a priority issue at the moment. Arvisrend and I both agree that we need to settle the fort's future before Othrensis can be split from Almalexia for border matching with m3a3 and npcing. If we could come to a speedy decision on this, it would be much appreciated.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
gro-Dhal
Lead Developer

Post by gro-Dhal »

Agreed, delete for great justice
Test
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

gro-Dhal wrote:Agreed, delete for great justice
My favourite solution: when in doubt, kill with great fire. (I like the name though).
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

I believe we all love the name, Swiftoak, hence why it will definitely be given to a future Imperial fort placed in a location where it actually makes sense for one to exist. :)
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

Swiftoak Woodwarrior wrote: when in doubt, kill with great fire.
Incidentally, that's also the Ordinator motto. :D

Axe the fort, reuse name elsewhere.
sasquatch
Developer

Post by sasquatch »

I think the definition of justice should be reexamined.
my opinion.
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

If anything, relocating Fort Lutemoth to another region will hasten the arrival of our next release. I understand and to some extent share your concerns with revisions of already completed areas, but the Fort is really rather no-biggie.

edit: to phrase it differently; having locations like Fort Lutemoth and the MH-tileset parts of Othrensis that are hard to justify (aka hard to NPC) will delay the project much more than making new interiors ever could, and re-evaluating the existence of problematic towns/villages/forts is the remedy to that.

edit2: and we do appreciate that you voice your opinion, sasquatch, even if I've gotten the feeling from some of your past posts that you've felt your voice's being overran or ignored. It's good to have a counter argument in any discussion lest we make bad decisions in the name of momentum.
Melchior Dahrk
Developer

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

Rats wrote:It's good to have a counter argument in any discussion lest we make bad decisions in the name of momentum.
Hear, hear!

Also, I love the idea of having Lutemoth as an Imperial fort. I didn't know one existed, but I look forward to visiting the location in a future release. It's a wonderful name of a great artist.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Just an aside, but MK has stated he considers the name as official and good as any other fort names in canon, for those who didn't know.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined