Boots of Lightning Speed (Wil quest)

Place where miscellaneous quests and NPC dialogue are written.

Moderator: Lead Developers

DestinedToDie
Developer

Boots of Lightning Speed (Wil quest)

Post by DestinedToDie »

The player will counter a mage-looking imperial named Vontus in the forest. He wears a colovian fur hat and a robe.

Greeting:

Hello, stranger! I've got a proposition for you.

proposition:

More of a bet, actually. See, I recently invented a new enchantment I want to try out. All you need to do is give me twenty five gold as part of the bet, catch me and you earn fifty back, simple as that.

Sounds easy. I'm ready if you are.
Give me a moment to prepare.

Alright, then. Ready... set! Go!

Don't take too long.

Vontus will equip the Boots of Lightning speed and run around the place screaming in pain of the shock. Then eventually fall down and die.

Reward: 50 gold and Boots of Lightning speed. Boots would have 10 shock damage in return for fortify athletics by 100. No armor value. Vuntus will also have 3 spoiled potions of resist shock damage. These damage intelligence attribute.
Last edited by DestinedToDie on Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:13 pm, edited 9 times in total.
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

This seems like a great quest idea! I've never designed a quest before, but I'm quite sure that the Boots of Blinding Speed are meant to be unique. Perhaps you could use another item with a similar enchantment? :wink:
DestinedToDie
Developer

Post by DestinedToDie »

Look closer. They're Boots of Lightning speed, not Blinding. :) Hence the shock damage.
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Woops! Should have looked closer. Sorry about that! :roll:
Rats
Lead Developer

Post by Rats »

The reward sounds pretty interesting. Something like Constant Effect Shock Damage 1 pts + Fortify Athletics 100 pts?
DestinedToDie
Developer

Post by DestinedToDie »

I had in mind fortify speed +20 or +50 in return for 20 or 50 shock damage, but yours sounds fine, too. Also, the base would be armorless shoes.
DestinedToDie
Developer

Post by DestinedToDie »

Imperial now has a name - Vontus.
DestinedToDie
Developer

Post by DestinedToDie »

Scouted for a location. So far I think the forests of Sacred Lands are what I'm looking for.

In addition to the Boots of Lightning speed and other clothing, Vontus will have a couple of spoiled lightning resist potions on him that damage intelligence.