i4-506-Hla

The interior claims in this forum are currently in the review process.

Moderators: Seneca37, Andres Indoril, Lead Developers

rot
Lead Developer

i4-506-Hla

Post by rot »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i4-506-Hla (#2744)
Faction: Hlaalu
Parent claim: TR_4-18-Hla (#155)
Claimed by: Seneca37
Files: TR_i4-506-Hla_seneca37_1.esp; TR_i4-506-Hla_seneca37_2.esp; TR_i4-506-Hla_seneca37_3.esp; TR_i4-506-Hla_seneca37_4.esp; TR_i4-506-Hla_seneca37_5.esp; TR_i4-506-Hla_seneca37_6.esp

---

(3, -18) Ancestral tomb.

From Gnomey: "the majority of the tombs would belong to Indoril families ...
With most generic tombs slapping on an Indoril-sounding name would already do the trick.
That being said, it might be a good idea to add visible indications of Indoril presence, such as bits of Chuzei armour, Indoril clothing and banners, etc."

Check the exterior @ 28434, -143490, 1659
For North AT : http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=321606#321606
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

A medium to large Indoril intact tomb. Due to it being close to Indoril Territory, it still gets visited from time to time.
This place would still be well guarded with various tomb creatures. Hence a few dead bandits laying around. Plenty of Indoril items around too.
Aeven
Lead Developer

Post by Aeven »

Granting.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

no comment
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

ver 1
Structure is complete
Candle room almost complete
Plan on having 1 candle (along the walls) for each family member in the tomb.
Still cluttering rest of the rooms.
Plan on adding prayer wheels / possibly a gong to the main ceremony room.
Will add some notes on some of the family members.

My thoughts on this family
Very powerful (in the past?) possibly the family that dug many of the tombs.
Main rooms for prominent family members.
Smaller rooms for less prominent members and those who served the family in some distinguished fashion.
Large family - many retainers throughout the years.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

This might be too much.
Ragox
Developer

Post by Ragox »

Well, it's a visually very beautiful tomb already (the only room I dislike is the one with so many candles on the ground).

I'm a big fan of non-linear interior designs, but the layout here is just too confusing for me.

There are so many doors leading somewhere and the fact that there are about 6-7 floors in total above each other makes it impossible to navigate with the local map, too :/
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

It was meant to be a maze - tough to find ones way - make the in-game map useless. Maybe some of the doors should be removed.

Ahhh - you didn't like the candle room - it was better with a sea of candles - but I was told 1000+ candles was a bit much - so I cut it down to just the letters and a few candles around the edges.

Thanks for the input - I'll see what I can do.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

I took a quick look at it in the CS. Frankly, after reading that there were 6-7 floors stacked over each other I was expecting that you overdid it (:P), but in my opinion, while certainly one of the larger Ancestral Tombs, it is still well within bounds. (Though I wouldn't suggest making it any larger).

A few points, though:
-once you finish detailing, I'm afraid there may be too many references for a single interior cell, in which case you may need to consider splitting the interior into two cells. I am well aware that you specifically piled the whole interior in one cell to obfuscate the in-game map, but I think half the floors will already sufficiently obfuscate the map, and really the amount of loading doors that would probably result from a split could make the interior more confusing in a different way.
-I think the number of doors are fine. For the candles, I'd want to check them in-game, but you did pay attention to keeping the light radius down in places where they are densely packed, so they should be alright.
-I do think light_de_candle_01_64 in such a concentration does look a little odd, (referring to the candle room, of course), and would consider using the simpler 'de' or 'com' candles. It does work as-is, though. Also, keep in mind that black candles with yellow flames are standard for Ancestral Tombs; I'd consider replacing ivory candles with black candles where possible.
-I'm personally fine with the candle room, but you could consider making the 'SAV' smaller, with less candles. (It could be centered in the room, or could be up against the fresco).
-a heads-up: the prayer wheel models are currently bleeding through the ceiling of the room below.
-a very minor note, as this requires in-game testing and may not be a problem: one of your halls consists of just a in_velothismall_ramp_02 model and a in_velothismall_ramp_01. This should work fine, but consider removing the doorway next to the in_velothismall_ramp_02 model if there are any navigation problems. You could also switch the position of the two ramps, but I think it looks fine either way.

Edit: I almost forgot to mention that I really like how this interior is turning out. I think you did a good job of showing that this interior is well-tended to. It is a very grand interior, though. Perhaps it should belong to the Indoril family that formerly owned the surrounding land? (May or may not be the Andasril).
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Thanks for the comments Gnomey. I wish this had come earlier - I just spent most of the weekend redoing this place. I dropped the whole 3D maze concept and went with a more traditional linear approach. I'll upload the new file later today. I'll keep this design for another tomb.

The reference count was way high - I checked with FRAPS and there will probably be too much lag for a basic computer. My computer dropped from an average of 300 to 30 in some areas. I tried to split this into 2 cells - but my 3D structure prevented me from finding any good point(s) to make the cut. Wish I'd have thought of just putting some of the rooms in the 2nd cell.

Interesting note about the candles.
. Also, keep in mind that black candles with yellow flames are standard for Ancestral Tombs; I'd consider replacing ivory candles with black candles where possible.
I've looked at several MW tombs (A-F and Ts) and only came across 1 black candle - it appears blue with blue flame is more common. Is this something new imposed by TR? I'll check more TR tombs later today.

Again Thanks - I truly appreciate any and all comments.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

I might be wrong on the candles, then. I made the observation a while ago, and it may have been inaccurate. Do note that all of the candles on skulls are black, though, and those are mostly used in Ancestral Tombs, which is probably where I got the idea from.

Changing the interior layout is naturally not a big deal; as this interior is a WIP that's to be expected. As you say, the design can be used elsewhere. I look forward to seeing the new layout. :)
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

I've uploaded the new design. I kept the 2 large rooms and added a pass-through. I do have a question about the Indoril Tapestries - why would the words BELIEVE be on a tapestry, when the gods walk among them - Belief is not relevant here. If just seems odd to me.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

My guess would be 'believe (as in have faith) in the Divinity of the Tribunal. Believe their Tenets to be Law. Believe the Indoril to be just adjudicators of Law'. It is the belief of the Dunmer in the Tribunal that keeps the moon floating over Vivec. When the Dunmer reject the Tribunal as their gods, the moon falls.

Is there any reason for the amount of St. Delyn imagery aside from him being an Indoril? I'd tone it down; especially the statue. Otherwise, it's looking good.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

I decided to go back to the maze and give that another try. I've moved some of the rooms to different cells - which does add another degree to the maze - and I like it. I'm still cluttering and have not incorporated all of Gnomey's suggestions.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Just some minor cluttering to finish.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

I took another look at it in the CS and found nothing wrong with it. Just make sure that you don't forget to add blacksquares. :)
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

This is done.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Sending to review (sorry for the delay).
Tes96
Reviewer

Post by Tes96 »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: No
Loading errors: No

Review:
-Added Northmarkers to all three cells; 24.3°
-Gave all weapons/armor about half health, more or less.

TR_i4-506-Hla

-Moved furn_velothi_prayer_stool_01 so the rotated one would have a leg resting on it.
-F'ed misc_de_cloth11
-misc_de_bowl_01 bleeding into contain_corpse00
-Applied modest health to weapons/armor

TR_i4-506, Messo Undercroft
-misc_de_bowl_01 floating
-TR_furn_ind_tapestry_3 bleeding into ceiling

TR_i4-506, Nether Undercroft
-Moved contain_corpse00 with staff further down along the tomb so the feet wouldn't bleed. Skull is still bleeding partially but that's okay.
-Reduced size of p_mark_s.
-The very bottom area with the wooden shelves having those culdems and urns on them... not sure if those wooden shelves could support all that weight. It looks cool so I'm leaving it.
-I don't like how you angled one of the furn_velothi_prayer_stool_01. Only three legs are touching the ground while the back leg is on the slanted edge of the wall. It looks unnatural. I went ahead and set it flat on the ground.

Comments Amazing tomb with maze design. I love the secret door and moving wall. The only reason I found it was because I checked this in TESAME. Other than that, I probably would have never found it. Great work, Seneca.

Rating
Attachments
Clean TR_i4-506-Hla_seneca37.esp
TR_i4-506-Hla
(115.13 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
[url=http://www.project-tamriel.com/]Project Tamriel[/url]

"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."
sirrah
Developer

Post by sirrah »

Clean- Yes.

506-Hla
========
Lighting- Good.
Northmarker- Good.

Floaters:
bk_DoorsOfTheSpirit
Gold_001
ingred_pearl_01
pick_journeyman_01

Bleeders:
bk_fellowshiptemple
furn_de_r_chair_03
misc_de_goblet_01
misc_de_goblet_05
---

Messo
========
Lighting- Good.
Northmarker- Good.

Floaters:
ingred_wickwheat_01
silver staff
T_Com_Var_Knife_01
----

Nether
========
Lighting- Good.
Northmarker- Good.

Floaters:
barrel_01_empty
in_velothi_platform_01

Bleeders:
Gold_001
----

Other:
Removed candles hidden under architecture in candle room.
Removed a few refs floating out in the void.
Repositioned doors to their correct gridsnap position across interiors.

Uploaded file to the new site.