i4-510-Hla

After an interior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderators: Seneca37, Lead Developers

Yeti
Lead Developer

i4-510-Hla

Post by Yeti »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i4-510-Hla (#2750)
Faction: Hlaalu
Parent claim: TR_4-14-Hla (#151)
Claimed by: Talias
Files: TR_i4-510-Hla_Talias_1.esp

---

HIGH PRIORITY: Hlaalu yeoman farmer's house. He owns the Hack-lo field next to his house and the one on the small island with the storage building. Has one son and two Khajiit slaves to work in the fields. The slaves are housed in the home.
Exterior located in the Southern Andothren merge.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Talias
Developer

Post by Talias »

Wish to claim this, simple house using de_p furniture, ground floor has one bedroom for both slaves, main living room and small storage for everyday goods, first floor has two bedrooms for both owner and his son.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Good plan - go for it.
Talias
Developer

Post by Talias »

Done, only difference from what I said when claiming is that I made 3 beds for slaves and added spare slave bracelet in master's bedroom. Didn't make any new items (keys, etc.), used 2 House Hlaalu items - TR Hlaalu book (The Truth of the Hlaalu) and bonemold helmet.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Off to review
Tes96
Reviewer

Review

Post by Tes96 »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review:

BOTTOM
-Lowered ambient lighting a little
-Checked "Illegal to Sleep Here"
-Rotated Northmarker 2 degrees to 359.0
-Lowered TR_furn_de_p_table_01 because it has two shorter legs.
-Rotated misc_com_wood_fork
-RotatedMisc_Com_Bottle_08
-Lowered TR_furn_de_tapestry_15
-misc_com_redware_plate floating
-sc_paper plain floating (2x)
-Locked chest_small_02_ingfine1 at 5. Wouldn't want the slaves getting into the farmers ingredients.
-furn_de_p_bench_04 floating
-Slightly rotated misc_com_bucket_01
-Added 13/20 health to hammer_repair
-Locked door to storage room at 5 since it has food, tools and a keg of alcohol; mostly to keep out the slaves
-urn_03 floating
-TR_urn_04_food bleeding
-F'ed TR_furn_com_rope_01 onto shelf
-Replaced com_sack_01 with TR_com_sack_01_ingred
-Added 21/25 health to repair_prongs
-Rotated misc_de_cloth11
-Rotated Misc_Com_Wood_Bowl_01 and fork
-Rotated misc_com_wood_cup_02 (2x)
-Rotated Misc_Com_Wood_Bowl_01
-F'ed common_shirt_01 into bedroll
-Added 265/400 health to iron club and angled it against the wall (still is hidden in case master comes in)
-Moved potion_local_liquor_01 so player could reach it; still hidden from farmer

-Locked farmers room at 25
-Deleted bonemold_armun-an_helm since this is a farmer and not a native Armun-An warrior.
-Deleted silver longsword; kept steel longsword but moved it into the farmer's room beneath his bed so that the slaves can't get to it.
-misc_uni_pillow_01 bleeding into floor (2x)
-Way too many books. A farmer like this wouldn't have that many. Deleted most and left only those I thought would be relevant to this interior. Feel free to change it.
-Resized p_cure_common_s and TR_misc_potion_04
-Rotated misc_de_pot_redware_01
-light_de_lamp_01_128 bleeding into wall
-Replaced misc_de_goblet_01 with misc_de_goblet_05
-Added TR_com_sack_2_chpfd31/2 to shelf and a little more clutter since the shelf was somewhat bare.
-Added plain paper to farmer's shelf in his room
-Added 305/500 health to iron tanto
-Rotated Gold_001

-Locked de_p_chest_02_mclothes3 at 10
-misc_com_bottle_02 floating
-Replaced misc_de_goblet_01 with misc_de_goblet_07 (2x) to avoid monotony. Been seeing a lot of blue bottles and goblets used in here. Try to avoid using the same color of something too much.
-Locked chest_small_02_misc at 20
-Deleted bk_LivesOfTheSaints
-Added 20/25 health to slave_bracer_left

Comments: Description says 2 slaves and one son. Talias made three beds so perhaps 3 slaves in addition to the father and son that sleep upstairs? I'm assuming the father sleeps in the room with the locked door.
I take it this farmer is doing well for himself considering all the land he owns plus the slaves. That's why I left some things in there like the TR glass bottle, Flin, several books. Him and his son probably make good money selling corkbulb but not enough to afford rich furniture but just enough to buy modest luxuries like books, etc... That's my interpretation.

Rating
[url=http://www.project-tamriel.com/]Project Tamriel[/url]

"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

I think your interpretation is mostly correct, though the room with the locked door is the son's room. One of them (probably the son) seems to serve as a low-ranking member of House Hlaalu, judging by the helm and weapons, and the father likely also has some fairly minor position in the Hlaalu Council Company. Perhaps the somewhat fancier trappings of the house could represent the benefits they have gained from serving House Hlaalu, while the poor furniture represents their fairly lowly background. Or I just put more though into it than necessary; it works either way. :P
Tes96
Reviewer

Post by Tes96 »

Gnomey wrote:I think your interpretation is mostly correct, though the room with the locked door is the son's room. One of them (probably the son) seems to serve as a low-ranking member of House Hlaalu, judging by the helm and weapons, and the father likely also has some fairly minor position in the Hlaalu Council Company. Perhaps the somewhat fancier trappings of the house could represent the benefits they have gained from serving House Hlaalu, while the poor furniture represents their fairly lowly background. Or I just put more though into it than necessary; it works either way. :P
I removed the helmet since it seemed out-of-place, especially for a Hlaalu farmer, not to mention Hlaalu is more concerned with business & diplomacy than battle and warfare. [url=http://i.imgur.com/YVfZMft.jpg]This[/url] is what the shelf looks like. I just added a few miscellaneous things to fill in the empty space. If someone wants to add in a helmet during the final review then that's fine. I just think keeping the weapons/armor stuff to a minimum helps bring out the "farming" feel in this interior better. Would have helped to add farming tools in here somewhere. Only SHotN and P:C have those. Perhaps we should add them to our data.

[url=http://i.imgur.com/XIYSTsc.jpg]Both rooms[/url] have doors but only the father's room is locked at 10. You can see the iron sword beneath the son's bed. That's merely for standard protection, not implying that he's a warrior or anything.

I uploaded a new file because I left the exterior model in the cell in the previous file. Use this one attached here.
Attachments
Clean TR_i4-510-Hla_Talias_1.esp
Latest updated file
(20.08 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
[url=http://www.project-tamriel.com/]Project Tamriel[/url]

"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Yeah, my apologies. I accidentally downloaded the file up top first, and when I downloaded the proper file I forgot to double-check some of the notes in my post.
sirrah
Developer

Post by sirrah »

Uploaded to the asset browser on the new site: http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/asset/review ... -old-forum

Clean: Yes
Illegal To Sleep Here: Yes
Northmarker: Present
Lighting: Good

Floaters:
common_shirt_01
expensive_shirt_03
furn_log_01
furn_log_02
furn_log_03
ingred_saltrice_01
misc_clothbolt_01