i4-511-Hla

The interior claims in this forum are currently in the review process.

Moderators: Seneca37, Andres Indoril, Lead Developers

Yeti
Lead Developer

i4-511-Hla

Post by Yeti »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i4-511-Hla (#2751)
Faction: Hlaalu
Parent claim: TR_4-14-Hla (#151)
Claimed by: sasquatch2o
Files: TR_i4-511-Hla_sasquatch2o_1.esp; TR_i4-511-Hla_sasquatch2o_2.esp; TR_i4-511-Hla_sasquatch2o_3.esp; TR_i4-511-Hla_sasquatch2o_4.esp

---

HIGH PRIORITY: Mundrethi Plantation - Housing for workers/retainers. Download the latest version of the South Andothren merge to view the exterior.

http://i.imgur.com/G9jVOg9.jpg
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

I'd like to reserve this as my first interior/ showcase. I will place progress under showcase forum if acceptable.
my opinion.
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

Will house 4 workers. The main floor will have a fairly nice entryway, plain common area and dining and food prep space and one room. Upstairs will be 2 room crowded bedroom space. One shared with a bunk and the other for a single occupant.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Okay - but only post updates here, in this claim.

The building is rather small. Might I suggest worker bedroom(s) in the basement, via a hatch, and retainer bedroom(s) on the 2nd floor. There is also that funky 3rd floor area - maybe some storage up there too.

I would also suggest rm furniture to be used.
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

You got it.
my opinion.
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

This structure is, same as exterior, 2 across 4 deep on x and y. Top room basement/midfloor are separate spaces.
my opinion.
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

Update. Some cluttering left on main level, top not started. Items not yet rotated.
my opinion.
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

claim is now virtually finished.
my opinion.
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

Seperate upstairs is home to the plantation owner's mistress whose door typically remains locked. The main floor has living area of the plantations maintenance and construction guy who is also secretly sleeping with the mistress. There are clues of this left in the interior for a possible quest. Bottom floor houses two occupants both of whom frequently fish in nearby waters. One is a servant the other works fabrics and makes/ mends clothing. Some documents I'd like to be added are crude drawings for plans for an addition or construction project on plantation and a couple lists of tasks, one for maintenance guy and one for the other two downstairs.
my opinion.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Is this ready for review?
Some documents I'd like to be added are crude drawings for plans for an addition or construction project on plantation and a couple lists of tasks, one for maintenance guy and one for the other two downstairs.
There are no current signs of construction in the exterior, and I'd rather avoid placing notes unless we have concrete plans for using them in future quests.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

No, this is not yet ready for review. The exterior could very easily be modified to accommodate the interior details I have added. The plans are just a note on modified sc_paper. The task list will be something similar.
I like the quest idea I have. The rather paranoid and controlling owner of the plantation has a matter that requires some discretion. Although plantation owner has been unable to prove any of his suspicions, he suspects, among other things, someone has been laying with his mistress. This may be a rogue hiding nearby or one of his own servants. Find out what it is. In this quest you must interrogate suspects, do some searching in the interior and exterior to match clues from the mistress' quarters and elsewhere. You can watch the upper apartment to see if the suspect shows themselves.

clues:
excessive dirt tracked in her apartment -could have been anyone

1.shared interest in moonsugar and skooma - maintenance

2.lockpick - maintenance

3.dropped tools and soiled clothes in nearby wooded area- obviously maintenance guy

Player is given option of confronting both repairman or mistress. After confronting, mistress she will cry and explain they are in love and that the master there is a violent and unpredictable dunmer and attempts to control her with skooma. In bouts of madness he often locks her in for weeks and that with any accusation of misbehavior a day might will pass without food. The repairman will tell you he initially took pity on the mistress by secreting food to her after hearing her late night cries of pain. He will ask you not report their action to allow them both to be together and escape the murderous wrath of the plantation owner.

The reward for mercy will be some quality repair hammers and a modest amount of coin. The reward to reporting the mistress and handyman will be a larger sum of gold, wrongly accusing either of the other servants will result in a much smaller sum of coin, them being beaten and leaving his service (there is lesser proof). If you report maintence guy and mistress, the plantation owner will enter the residence and murder the handyman and mistress. The furniture in upper apartment will be overturned to show a violent struggle.
Last edited by sasquatch2o on Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
my opinion.
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

Removed dependency on PC_data. Added window, some misc_clothbolts and several clothing items.
my opinion.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

As I understand it the modifications to the exterior would constitute adding evidence of the affair. That could be added later.
While it is very common for exterior and interior modders to come up with quest ideas in the course of working on a claim, (I have come up with several myself), to my knowledge it has never been TR's protocol to immediately implement those ideas. That would get in the way of TR's workflow.
Generally interior modders just add the quest hooks, and then either wait and see if a quester picks up on the hook or design the quest themselves.

Our shift in workflow has, however, provided another time and stage in development for fleshing out characters and quest ideas, and that is before the interior is made.
Mundrethi is a very wealthy plantation owner who controls a lot of land. As such, I would prefer if you were to present your ideas for his character in [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24641]this thread[/url] or [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24400]this thread[/url], (to my understanding the latter is more focused on the implementation side of things and the former on the rough planning side), and leave the interior claim for the actual interior work.
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

Sure, I often come up with quest ideas while I make my interiors. Creating stories for the interiors and occupants is one of my favorite aspects of interiors. I have half dozen or so more ideas for other interiors as well. I understand if they arent used or are only added much later.
my opinion.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

So putting quest implementation aside, is this done? Or do you still have some interior work left to do?
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

Sure, review this. I rotated a few objects. I doubt this will pass thorough inspection, but I'll fix any problems. Still needs the two task lists edited.
my opinion.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Well, sending to review then.
Tes96
Reviewer

Currently reviewing

Post by Tes96 »

Reviewing this interior but I don't understand some things. Seneca37 suggested the use of _rm furniture and Sasquatch used _p furniture. This interior houses 2 low level workers (not slaves) and 2 Retainers in House Hlaalu and the mistress of plantation owner Mundrethi.

1) Is this supposed to be a poor interior or middle?

2) There is extravagant belt and glove in 3rd floor, which seems out-of-place with all the _p furniture. Unless that is the property of Mundrethi who left his stuff there when he was having sex with the mistress.

3) And what's with the muck? Is that supposed to simulate dirt tracks as potential "clues" for the quest Sasquatch proposed? Might I suggest making it a new ID and renaming it "Mud" or something? Muck doesn't belong here.

4) And who is the skooma user? Mundrethi or the mistress? Because there are 2 skooma bottles in 3rd level.

5) Good storyline for the quest, Sasquatch. Not sure if it will be used but you've certainly put work into designing the interior to accommodate your idea. I'm unclear, though. If Mundrethi is the actual plantation owner, why aren't there any discussions of him in either of these [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24400]two[/url] [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24641]threads[/url] that Gnomey pointed out? Is he really that big of an asshole to where he beats and starves his mistress with whom he is having sex?

It would help to know more about these things before I continue reviewing this.
[url=http://www.project-tamriel.com/]Project Tamriel[/url]

"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

1. I personally think poor is acceptable for this interior.
2. I assume those were left by Mundrethi, yes.
3. you bring up a good point with the muck, but I have seen it used that way in other interiors; either we accept that muck works as a stand-in for mud or we comb through the instances of muck in TR and switch out any erroneous uses. (No idea how common the issue is).
4. from what I remember, Sasquatch specified the mistress as the Skooma user. The moonsugar by the repairman is probably there to hint at their relationship.
5. Mundrethi is discussed in [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24310&highlight=mundrethi]this thread[/url] to a degree, but that's about it.

To provide the full story: originally, Mundrethi was an old man married to an equally old woman, who appears to have been a dependent of Oran (Rethil, at the time) in some way. There was a small quest in which he asks the player to convince some thugs chilling outside his home to chill elsewhere, and generally comes off as someone who wouldn't hurt a fly, and is totally insignificant.
The house and couple appears to have been moved south, to be re-christened Llaran, though, (the thugs still need to be moved), and probably the only other change in their story will be that they're either independent or less dependent of Oran.

That leaves new-Mundrethi without an identity, so I suppose sasquatch's is as good as any. Though frankly I'd consider making Mundrethi a woman. Whether the mistress becomes a mister and the repairman a woman doesn't really matter. I'd go with whatever combination strikes the NPCer's fancy.
Tes96
Reviewer

Post by Tes96 »

TESAME: Clean

Fits exterior: Yes

Northmarker set: Yes
Loading errors: No

Review:
Illegal to Sleep Here: Not checked
Fits Exterior: [url=http://i.imgur.com/sYn3AVL.jpg]Screenshot[/url]
The part where there is the staircase on the southern exterior end doesn't match the interior where the bedroom is. Nobody will notice and the bedroom is nicely done, so I'm leaving it as is.

-Reduced ambient lighting
-Increased fog to 20 and Density to 1.20
-Swapped out in_hlaalu_door for hlaalu_loaddoor_ 02 to match exterior doors (2x)

BOTTOM:
-Locked de_p_chest_02_mclothes3 at 10 since it is someone's possessions. (2x)
-Moved misc_com_broom_01 flush with wall
-Rotated misc_de_glass_yellow_01 to fit on shelf
-Added TR_MomoFishHanging01 & 02 to show that the two guys "fish frequently", as Sasquatch described them.
-Raised furn_de_roped_pole_01 to fit with rope.
-Rotated rope to fit poles.
-Rotated TR_Ingred_Dryfish01
-Light_De_Candle_20 floating
-Added extra misc_spool_01 on top of crate to give emphasis for the mending and sewing that the NPC does
-Rotated misc_de_fishing_pole
-Reduced size of large misc_hook
-furn_de_tapestry_08 backwards

MAIN FLOOR:
-Applied 17/25 health to repair_prongs
-Applied 9/25 health to repair_prongs
-Applied 11/25 health to repair_prongs
-Applied 6/20 health to hammer_repair
-Applied 10/20 health t0 hammer_repair
-Applied 12/20 health to hammer_repair
-Applied 15/20 health to repair_journeyman_01
-Appiled 20/25 health to pick_apprentice_01
-Applied 335/400 health to miner's pick
-Applied 280/400 health to silver dagger
-F'ed furn_de_ex_stool_02
-Rotated furn_de_shack_hook (3x)
-Rotated TR_furn_com_nails
-Moved furn_de_tapestry_03 closer into wall
-misc_com_bottle_13 floating
-TR_furn_bottle_cork floating
-"TR_bk_TasteofSugar" is valued at 200 gold but I'll keep it in here, despite all the poor living quarters. Perhaps it was a gift.
-Reduced the number of stacked misc_com_wood_bowl_04
-Rotated misc_spool_01
-Misc_Com_Redware_Cup bleeding directly inside identical cup (6x). Rotated cups as well
-Rotated misc_com_bottle_07
-Deleted ingred_roobrush_01. Ingredient is only found in West Gash.
-Rotated misc_com_wood_spoon_01 (3x)
-misc_com_wood_spoon_01 bleeding
-Replaced Ingred_horn_lily_bulb_01 with ingred_stoneflower_petals_01 since there is a Stoneflower growing right outside this house. I didn't see any Horn Lilies in the exterior.
-ingred_ash_yam_01 bleeding through basket. (3x)
-F'ed furn_scrapwood02 onto furn_de_lightpost_01
-Moved furn_de_loom_01 not so close to door hatch to avoid player getting stuck. Sasquatch described clothing mender as living in bottom floor. Perhaps he does his work on the middle floor, or lives on the middle floor.
-furn_de_rope_03 bleeding
-Resized a couple potion bottles
-Moved p_fortify_fatigue_s to hide moon sugar better
-Rotated misc_com_bottle_06
-furn_de_tapestry_06 bleeding into wall
-Rotated TR_misc_de_hacklo_pipe
-Rotated misc_com_wood_knife
-Rotated Misc_Inkwell
-Misc_Quill floating
-Rotated light_de_lantern_03_200 to not bleed into hook
-Repositioned text_paper_roll_01 on stool (2x)
-Deleted "TR_i4_sc_plantation_maint_plans" per Yeti's advice (3x)
-Deleted two hooks for holding the maintenance plans

TOP:
-Locked hlaalu_loaddoor_ 02 at 11
-Rotated potion_skooma_01
-p_drain_luck_q bleeding into floor
-Rotated misc_de_lute_01 to rest against wall
-Deleted misc_de_bowl_redware_02 that was stacked into another one
-Lowered misc_flask_01
-furn_de_p_shelf_02 ghosting from wall
-Reposititoned light_de_lantern_10_177_Static on rope

Per Sasquatch's description:
4 workers and 1 mistress live here; the mistress being in the top locked room and the workers in the ground and basement levels. I take it all of them are a mix of Hierlings and Retainers.

Regarding the muck, I suggest a new ID be made since [url=http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Muck]Muck[/url] can cure a common disease while dirt or mud is just that. I suggest "Mud", and it can be interpreted as both wet and dried mud. It rains a lot of Morrowind any ways.

Comments In the future, please use snapgrid and snapangle for tilesets so that their coordinates are even numbers and not decimals such as 6334.481. 6334.000, for example, is much better when snapping pieces together.

Rating
Attachments
Clean TR_i4-511-Hla_sasquatch2o_4.esp
1st REVIEW
(27.68 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
[url=http://www.project-tamriel.com/]Project Tamriel[/url]

"If one is to understand the arcane arts, one must study all its aspects, not just the dogmatic narrow view of the Mages Guild."
sirrah
Developer

Post by sirrah »

Clean: Yes
Northmarker: Set
Illegal To Sleep Here: Set
Lighting: Good

Floaters:
active_de_p_bed_10
furn_de_p_bookshelf_01
furn_de_p_shelf_02
furn_de_shack_hook