14.08 Release

The news of the front page, global announcements, and any discussion of said announcements or news articles.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

14.08 Release

Post by Swiftoak »

Tamriel Rebuilt is pleased to announce the release of build 14.08!

Download: [url=http://download.fliggerty.com/download--720]Fliggerty[/url] | [url=http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/42145]Nexus[/url]

What’s New

This is the first release in our new release system, and contains all updates originally planned for Sacred East 1.6, as well as an updated version of our unfinished Alpha lands which now include the remaining parts of Velothis district including the city of Baan Malur, and the Skyrim border regions. No new lands have been added to TR_Mainland, though some of our existing areas around Bosmora got a huge overhaul. There are also many new quests, including the completion of Akamora’s Fighters’ guild questline! Between the Main file and the alpha, one can now access the entire Mainland with the exception of the City of Almalexia and the unfinished heightmap of Southern Morrowind.

Please be sure to remove Sacred East, TR_Data, and the previous alpha (if installed), prior to installing the contents of this archive, as this format supersedes all previous TR releases. We have also updated our readme to be in PDF format for increased readability. Those wishing for a text version can find one here. Changelogs will also be included in all future builds of Tamriel Rebuilt. You can find a list of changes in this update here.

Project Status [August 2014]

While this update does not add any new lands to the playable release, you can explore more areas in the Alpha. We anticipate the first of these areas, the Thirr River Valley, will be ready for the next update, possibly in early 2015. We are currently in the final stages of NPCing these areas (shaded in green in the map below). Other areas including the cities of Old Ebonheart and Andothren (areas in Yellow) are well into the NPC planning stages, and it will likely be that they will start the NPCing process as soon as we are finished the Thirr River Valley areas. This is an exciting time for Tamriel Rebuilt, as we begin to solidify our planning processes to bring you areas that are even more captivating than those found in prior versions of Tamriel Rebuilt.

Development Map (not a release schedule).

Thank you for your patience, and we hope you enjoy this release!
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
Mwgek
Developer

Post by Mwgek »

Great!
--Mwgek--
Dragon32

Post by Dragon32 »

Congratulations on the latest release :)

Just a question on that development map about the yellow- and green-shaded areas: "Exteriors and Interiors" and "Exteriors, Interiors, and NPCs" respectively.

Should those areas be read as "in production" or "finished"?
Why
Lead Developer

Post by Why »

Congrats!

The yellow/green areas are still in production. I think they still need quests, and the yellow bits still need NPCs as well.
Annon
Developer

Post by Annon »

Congrats!

On the map, I think "Othreleth - Thirr" is misspelled/misprint
Repth

Post by Repth »

Hi I'm newly registered. This is great. I learned of this project many years ago and, of course, have reinstalled Morrowind after a pc shuffle and rediscovered you lot.

Thanks so much for this. If I ever win the lottery, you bet your sweet ass I will throw money at this project.

Sincerely,

A poor person
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

Did a fly-thru of the entire western province. FREAKING AWESOME! Well done, TR! All the years of work are definitely paying off. By the end of this project, people will forget about Dagoth and Vvardenfell and immerse themselves in the house politics on the mainland or explore unique landscapes like the Grey Meadows. Grey Meadows is definitely more interesting than the Molag Amur.

CONGRATS ON A JOB WELL DONE!
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Long time mo see, Hemitheon. How have you been? 8-)
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]