Tutorial for Item Rotating

Place to discuss history, story, character development, questlines for factions and other specifics.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

6plus
Developer

Tutorial for Item Rotating

Post by 6plus »

Over the last few weeks me and Seneca37 have been working on a tutorial for item rotation. Before I finalize the document I'd like to give everyone here a chance to browse through it.

If you find typos or severe grammatical atrocities leave a comment here.

@Haplo:
Do we have any official logo or banner (like the one at the top of this page) that I should put on the title page?
Do you have any suggestions for the legal stuff aka copyright information?

P.S. I know that the images need a reduction in file size, didn't find time for that yet.
Attachments
Tutorial-Beta.pdf
(8.94 MiB) Downloaded 215 times
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Re: Tutorial for Item Rotating

Post by arvisrend »

Nice!! Can I have the .tex sources? I'm interested (and not just for TR purposes) in a good way to embed graphics in .tex files, and besides, it would be helpful to have a common style for further TR tutorials.

Also, I'd suggest tes3cmd for cleaning out objects that are unchanged yet marked as modified. But I guess tes3cmd is worth a little tutorial of its own.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

6plus wrote:Do we have any official logo or banner (like the one at the top of this page) that I should put on the title page?
Do you have any suggestions for the legal stuff aka copyright information?
Re: copyright info, whatever you want. Is there content in here you don't want reproduced? I've attached a potential image that you can work with.
Attachments
TRSplashyoutube.jpg
(182.27 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Great job, 6plus and Seneca37!
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
rot
Lead Developer

Post by rot »

(I remember people usually putting more emphasis on the dotted line being useful but ultimately not the final criterion?)

Neat document!
6plus
Developer

Post by 6plus »

Thanks for the feedback and thanks Haplo for the images.
arvisrend wrote:Nice!! Can I have the .tex sources? I'm interested (and not just for TR purposes) in a good way to embed graphics in .tex files, and besides, it would be helpful to have a common style for further TR tutorials.
Sure, do you need the images as well?
Attachments
Tutorial-0.7z
(5.04 KiB) Downloaded 156 times
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Post by arvisrend »

No, I was mainly interested in the embed code for non-floating graphics (I have so far avoided images in favor of tikz and xy, but I am not sure if I can go on without them forever), and also I want to have a common standard I could follow when I write my own tutorials. Thanks a lot!
sasquatch2o
Developer

Post by sasquatch2o »

why .tex?
my opinion.
6plus
Developer

Post by 6plus »

sasquatch2o wrote:why .tex?
LaTeX is great for creating a good looking layout, a lot is done by the program and all you have to do is finetune it.

Plus, as PhD you have to use it sooner or later, so I'm familiar with it.
6plus
Developer

Post by 6plus »

Posting this here.

Video version of the tutorial; it suffers from poor audio quality, poor directing and poor editing. Perhaps anyone of you guys has some experience in working with videos and wants to take a shot at it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mngooeyxo21am ... 2.mp4?dl=0