[Quest Idea - Wilderness] Arrow Hunt

Development of the Northeastern side of the Thirr Valley. Primarily Indoril land. Contains Almas Thirr, Dondril, and Roa Dyr.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Tondollari
Developer

[Quest Idea - Wilderness] Arrow Hunt

Post by Tondollari »

A Dunmer commoner east of Roa Dyr missed a shot while hunting a guar. The animal, startled, fled the scene, but he can't find where the arrow landed.

This is bad, because this is his lucky enchanted arrow passed down by his father who was a muck shoveler with one eye and one good thumb but nonetheless never missed if he used this enchanted Arrow of Extreme Importance. He must find it.

The commoner will tell the player where he shot the arrow from, and where the guar was at the time. The player will find where it landed, most easily by using Detect Enchantment. The commoner will give a modest reward for returning it.
gro-Dhal
Lead Developer

Post by gro-Dhal »

Nice quest idea.
Test
Tondollari
Developer

Post by Tondollari »

I would like to work on this. Something simple to get back into the groove of things. It would take place in the wilderness northeast of Roa Dyr.
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

I have no objections, though you'll have to coordinate with Gnomey to let you work on the section file. It is also worth remembering that the dialogue and NPCs in the area are not finalized, but this quest sounds pretty standalone, so that shouldn't be a problem.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Just give me a poke in the Indoril Section thread or IRC and I'll drop the file for you. I haven't been doing much with it, as I stated in that thread.
Tondollari
Developer

Post by Tondollari »

Okay. I'll probably pick it up on the 27th.

EDIT: Nevermind, a changed quest design has the NPC reward the player with a merchant referral in Vul. I will need to wait for future NPCing. The quest is now totally planned out and dialogued now, though.