"Let's Mod Morrowind" - Darkelfguy's video modding tutorial

Miscellaneous non-TR related discussion.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Tondollari
Developer

"Let's Mod Morrowind" - Darkelfguy's video modding tutorial

Post by Tondollari »

Episode One: Making a House Mod

Description from reddit:
Today we're unveiling our latest series, Let's Mod Morrowind, a show based around the concept of recording (and narrating) the creation of a mod from start to finish, explaining little things about the editor along the way (don't worry, we'll also be releasing shorter tutorial videos a week after each release).

Ultimately, you guys, the viewers, are the creative directors of this series! Whatever you want to see built for Morrowind we can do! If you want to see a Hlaalu Town with ten quests created in the Molag Amur region, we can do that! If you want to see a new faction created for the game, we can do it! The idea is that you guys direct the content we make, and while it may take a few episodes, we'll ultimately release each mod we design for Let's Mod Morrowind on the Nexus for you guys to play yourselves.

In the end, I hope this series acts as motivation for people to go out and make their own mods. Modding is one of the greatest creative activities there is, and seeing your creations come to life and sharing them with others is one of the best feelings in the world, and I hope all of you get a chance to experience that!

For our first episode, we're making a simple house mod, and I do apologize for the length, in the future we'll make these episodes only 30~40 minutes long instead of two hours. This is the first time I've ever attempted to narrate a video for this long, so I apologize in advance if I'm not terribly exciting to listen to, I'm still fairly new to this concept. After all, I'm not a Let's Player, I'm a Let's Modder!

Any feedback you have on improving future episodes is most welcome!

This series will air every-other Thursday (once every two weeks), right after Morrowind Modding Interviews on Wednesdays.