Voice acting mod

Place where the game's audio assets are produced.

Moderators: Gesshoku, Lead Developers

maxiking50

Voice acting mod

Post by maxiking50 »

Hey everyone,
I've made a mod for the last view weeks, that makes it possible for voice acting to be added to dialoug (not just playing a sound file, but have it act like the dialoug in Oblivion/Skyrim). The NPCs will stop saying what he currently does, if a differnet topic is selected, and won't just play two overlaping soundfiles like any Voice-acting mods that exist right now.

I'm only a coder though, and there's a lot of characters with a many lines in the game. So I just thought, why not ask here, in the Tamriel-Rebuilt community, if there was any interrest in adding such a feature to tamriel-rebuilt, and if anyone was interresting in helping with such a mod.

I'm currently adding more and more characters that are technically supported, yet I lack any sort of setup to have a community around such a mod.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Unfortunately we don't really have any voice actors handy, at least that I'm aware. And it will probably be hard to find voice actors willing to record as many lines as would be required for a game as dialogue-heavy as Morrowind. I do wish you the best of luck, though.
maxiking50

Post by maxiking50 »

I honestly figured that this wouldn't really fit in with TR anyway, so I had little hope to begin with.

Thanks for the reply though.

(For those interrested in this anyway; I'll probably keep searching for voice-actors, and a way to handle this project. If you have any advice, or want to help, i'd apprechiate a message on reddit; I'm "MorrowindVoiceActing" there)