Lead Developer

i3-795-Ind

Post by Yeti »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i3-795-Ind (#2777)
Faction: Indoril
Parent claim: TR_3-40-Ind (#983)
Claimed by: Parted User
Files: TR_i3-795-Ind_Theminimanx_1.esp; TR_i3-795-Ind_Theminimanx_2.esp; TR_i3-795-Ind_Theminimanx_3.esp; TR_i3-795-Ind_Theminimanx_4.esp; TR_i3-795-Ind_Theminimanx_5.esp; TR_i3-795-Ind_Theminimanx_6.esp; TR_i3-795-Ind_sirrah_1.esp; TR_i3-795-Ind_sirrah_2.esp

---

Almas Thirr, Canalworks - Second-to-lowest level of the canton. Opens up to the town outside. Used as a gathering spot by the poor Velothi Dunmer townsfolk. Should follow the below map while loosely matching what Vivec's Canalworks look like.

http://i.imgur.com/SUzJIq1.png
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Theminimanx
Lead Developer

Post by Theminimanx »

Claiming. Playing around with the canalworks sounds like fun. Not sure yet what I'll do with the Public Gathering Space. Maybe place a fountain if I can find one with the right textures. I'll figure something out.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Granting. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.
Theminimanx
Lead Developer

Post by Theminimanx »

Quick status update: the map for the canalworks can't be made using the in_velothilarge tileset. It's missing a few pieces I'd need, such as doorjambs and in_v_l_wall_collumn. Because of that, I'm going to have to take a few liberties with that map.
I'll mess around with the available pieces a bit before I post my own proposal for a map. If any doors/stairs etc. absolutely need to be in a certain place, I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me.
The death of vanilla Morrowind will end this prophecy and unite all Morrowind fans again under one mod, one faith, one rule by our divine project. The puppet Morrowind overhaul mods will lay down their arms and bow to our will. Those who do not yield will be destroyed.
Theminimanx
Lead Developer

Post by Theminimanx »

So it turns out that not only is the tileset incomplete, some of the pieces flat out don't work. Unless some modeler and/or collision mesh creator is willing to do the work for me, I'm going to teach myself how to do it. Expect some delays because of that.
The death of vanilla Morrowind will end this prophecy and unite all Morrowind fans again under one mod, one faith, one rule by our divine project. The puppet Morrowind overhaul mods will lay down their arms and bow to our will. Those who do not yield will be destroyed.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Please let me know what the problems are.
Theminimanx
Lead Developer

Post by Theminimanx »

I'd need [url=http://i.imgur.com/SLLRv92.png?2]in_v_l_wall_collumn[/url] pieces to create the map Yeti made, and the [url=http://i.imgur.com/Fv4vWXh.png?1]hitbox of in_velothismall_ramplong_01 doesn't match the mesh[/url].
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

A quick fix would be to stick in a column (in_v_l_int_column_01). However, it will have overlapping issues (aka flickering) with the already existent column pieces. To fix that, scale the column by 1% (1.01) then adjust the best you can.

As for the in_velothismall_ramplong_01, we have a fix for that. Use TR_in_velothismall_ramplong_01.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

I made the two pieces you need.
Include the .esp when you are working on your interior, and copy the .nif to the Data Files/Meshes/tr/i directory.

I'll include this stuff in next update of the data files.
Attachments
TR_IN_V.7z
(17.05 KiB) Downloaded 161 times
Theminimanx
Lead Developer

Post by Theminimanx »

Thanks a lot for the new pieces. Unfortunately, the TR_in_velothismall_ramplong_01 collision mesh is also broken, it's just broken in a different way.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

There was something funky with the new ramp.
Copy the attached file to your Data File/Meshes/TR/i directory and it should be fixed.

I'll update TR_Data with this new file.
Attachments
TR_in_v_s_rl_01.nif
(11.28 KiB) Downloaded 158 times
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

I took a look at the layout of this interior in comparison with my layout plugin [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24288]here[/url] and Yeti's layout image and have attached a plugin with some alternate layout ideas for this interior. (Two sets of ideas, specifically; the one set I applied directly to your interior shell, and the other floats directly above the shell). I'd just apply whatever changes you like, ideally giving Yeti time to look at the layout you went with before proceeding. (Or of course Yeti could tell you which layout he prefers).
Attachments
TR_i3-795-Ind_GnomeyLayout.esp
(34.61 KiB) Downloaded 156 times
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

I'll check this out later when I get home from work.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

I'll check this out later when I get home from work.
Theminimanx
Lead Developer

Post by Theminimanx »

I've uploaded a new version with my preferred layout. The stairs are kind of a problem though. If at all possible, I'd like the stairs from the waistworks and the stairs to the docks to be a straight line, allowing people working at the docks to completely ignore the existance of the canalworks and its poverty. As they are now however, the stairs make the canalworks level slightly bigger than the canton. I personally don't think this is too much of a problem, but I figured I'd mention it.

I can also make a modification to the in_velothilarge hallway to make it fit, but that causes the stairs to clip with the entrance to the temple. Though that could be solved by building those stairs in Yeti's waistworks claim. I've included a different file in this post that has the modified layout and the clipping that results.
Attachments
TR_i3-795-Ind_Theminimanx_StairsClip.ESP
(29.91 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

Sorry for the late reply. Overall, the layout looks great -- I'm glad you were able to make sense out of my clumsy map. :)

To fix the clipping, I would simply pull the stairs back further towards the east. It being slightly larger than the exterior canton doesn't matter much, especially when you take into account what Bethesda got away with in Morrowind. The Skar in Ald'ruhn is a bit of TARDIS, but the discrepancy between the massive size of its interior halls and what could logically fit within the crab shell outside isn't bad enough to break immersion.

I'd rather keep the link between the docks and the Canalworks to maintain ease of access. Connecting to the poor part of town shouldn't pose much of an aesthetic issue. It's not really supposed to be a full-blown slum or anything of the kind, just a grungier part of the canton where the townspeople and the Temple interact.
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Any progress to report, Theminimanx?
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
Theminimanx
Lead Developer

Post by Theminimanx »

Not really, I kinda abandoned it a while back. I should get back to working on it soon. Though if someone else wants it that's fine by me.
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

You still interested in this claim?
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
Theminimanx
Lead Developer

Post by Theminimanx »

Since I haven't updated this file in months now, I should probably just officially un-claim it.
sirrah
Developer

Post by sirrah »

Claiming. I might shift the layout a little (I really like the scarab-like shape in Gnomey's suggestion), I'll try to post an update within the week.
Theminimanx
Lead Developer

Post by Theminimanx »

Granting. Have fun cleaning up my mess XD
sirrah
Developer

Post by sirrah »

Just a quick update of my changes to the layout, hopefully the rails break up the space a bit without looking too outlandish; they can be easily removed otherwise. I've messed around with the staircases; I wanted to keep the feel of the canalworks-waistworks stairwells in Vivec (though slightly expanded).

I've mimicked the in_v_s_int_lcolumn_02 wooden braces from Adamantum's [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=24974]temple claim[/url] (I've also used them in my [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=12352]public tomb claim[/url]), I hope this isn't overusing the element, but I feel like it ties the canalworks claims together a bit.
sirrah
Developer

Post by sirrah »

Ok, I think this is finished.

in_v_l_int_center_01 doesn't match up correctly with the other pieces in the set, so I've made a modified version.
Attachments
TR_in_v_l_int_center_01.nif
(2.13 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

Locking due to presence on the new browser.