TR_i3-797-Ind_Yeti_7.esp 33.6 KB Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:18 pm
TR_i3-797-Ind_Yeti_5.esp 53.3 KB Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:18 pm
TR_i3-797-Ind_Yeti_4.esp 48.5 KB Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:18 pm
TR_i3-797-Ind_Yeti_3.esp 45.9 KB Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:18 pm
TR_i3-797-Ind_Yeti_2.esp 47 KB Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:18 pm
TR_i3-797-Ind_Yeti_1.esp 42.9 KB Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:18 pm
Description
Almas Thirr, Waistworks

Includes large open atrium, entrances to Ordinator barracks and Temple offices.
Last Edited by Yeti
(Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:12 pm) Post
Send private message   Reply with quote      
Yeti
Lead Developer
15 Feb 2009

It'll be easier for me to just make this in the CS than try to draw a map for someone else to follow. Claiming.
Post Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:13 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Gnomey
Lead Developer
19 May 2006

Granting. Good idea.
Post Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:32 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Yeti
Lead Developer
15 Feb 2009

Uploaded file. Shell finished.
Post Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:52 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Theminimanx
Lead Developer
26 Jan 2014

So, I don't want to sound like I'm complaining about your efforts, because I love the design of this place, but... this is a lot larger than any other waistworks in the game. Like, two times as large.

Also, the doors to other cells don't match the doors in the exterior cell, and (if I'm interpreting your layout right) would cause the same issue in the canalworks.

The death of vanilla Morrowind will end this prophecy and unite all Morrowind fans again under one mod, one faith, one rule by our divine project. The puppet Morrowind overhaul mods will lay down their arms and bow to our will. Those who do not yield will be destroyed.
Post Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:33 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Yeti
Lead Developer
15 Feb 2009

I'm pretty sure I oriented the whole thing correctly to match the canton's exterior entrances. Have you looked at which way the north marker is pointing in the cell?

Cantons look pretty massive on the outside, so I don't think the size is too big an issue. Most players are able to take for granted that the Skar in Ald-ruhn is absurdly bigger on the inside, for comparison. That said, I'll try to tone in down with the hallways, since they are extending outward a bit much and contributing to the larger girth.

Post Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:36 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Theminimanx
Lead Developer
26 Jan 2014

As it turns out, I did interpret your layout wrong. Embarassed

However, my uncovered idiocy did nothing to reduce my arrogance, and I noticed a few other things (that I'm hopefully less wrong about.)

The middle northern entrance should be lowered a bit. I know the sizes within cantons are nonsense, but it should at least be lower than the main hall.
I also had some problems with the entrance to the canalworks. A fancy hall right next to what is essentially the poor district seemed odd to me. It also moved the entire canalworks a bit too far east.

Because I wasn't being arrogant enough, I made some edits to fix this in the file below. Feel free to discard them if you want, I mainly included the file because I'm bad with explaining my opinion with words. I also added the WIP canalworks, for a more complete picture (excuse the terribly rotated fountains). I have not done any size reductions.

EDIT: Oops. Forgot to mention that the canalworks uses new meshes. Thanks for catching that Seneca.

TR_i3-797-Ind_Theminimanx.esp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  TR_i3-797-Ind_Theminimanx.esp
 Filesize:  89.82 KB
 Downloaded:  54 Time(s)

The death of vanilla Morrowind will end this prophecy and unite all Morrowind fans again under one mod, one faith, one rule by our divine project. The puppet Morrowind overhaul mods will lay down their arms and bow to our will. Those who do not yield will be destroyed.

Last edited by Theminimanx on Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:24 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Seneca37
Lead Developer
10 Feb 2014

Note: I made a couple of new interiors for this. You'll need to copy the attached nif's to the:
Data Files\Meshes\tr\i directory.

new_models.7z
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  new_models.7z
 Filesize:  16.61 KB
 Downloaded:  66 Time(s)

Post Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:18 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Yeti
Lead Developer
15 Feb 2009

Thanks for the suggestions, Theminimanx. I'll certainly take them into consideration.
Post Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:16 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Yeti
Lead Developer
15 Feb 2009

Filed updated with feedback implemented, and a few other minor changes and additions (mostly minor detailing).
Post Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:19 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
RyanS
Lead Developer
19 Aug 2013

Any progress to report?

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
Post Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:51 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Yeti
Lead Developer
15 Feb 2009

I'll get some work done on this as well. Again, it's mostly detailing that's left, and then making basic interior shells for the rooms that link to this, to keep their size consistent.
Post Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:24 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Yeti
Lead Developer
15 Feb 2009

Quick update to let everyone know I haven't forgotten about this. I dropped my laptop recently and its screen is all kinds of broken, which has put a bit of a damper on my modding activity. My laptop and I share a symbiotic relationship (for most of my time in college, we were practically a single organism), so I hope to replace the screen shortly.
Post Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:51 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Ironed Maidens
Developer
23 Feb 2008

Laughing Sorry to hear that, but I can understand the symbolism for sure.
Post Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:48 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
RyanS
Lead Developer
19 Aug 2013

Just checking up on this. Has your laptop been fixed?

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
Post Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:12 pm Send private message       Send e-mail       Reply with quote                   up  
Yeti
Lead Developer
15 Feb 2009

Nope, but I have it hooked up to my TV screen using an HTMI cable. Not the best setup, but it works for the time being. Anyway, I worked a little on this tonight. I should have it finished this week. After that, I'll post shells for the interiors that will link to it.
Post Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:22 am Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
Yeti
Lead Developer
15 Feb 2009

Finished. I'll make the claims for the connecting interiors later this week.
Post Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:00 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  
rot
Lead Developer
21 Oct 2012

transferred at
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/node/1116
Post Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:17 pm Send private message             Reply with quote                   up  

The content of this site is © by the Tamriel Rebuilt community. Morrowind, its expansions, and its content is © Bethesda Softworks.
Forums powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group