Project Update

The news of the front page, global announcements, and any discussion of said announcements or news articles.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Gnomey
Lead Developer

Project Update

Post by Gnomey »

It's almost been a year since the last news update, but we've been chugging along below the radar. Enough time has passed since our structure overhaul so that we can see what has worked out well and where we need to make further improvements and adjustments, and this short update will focus on a few examples of the latter:

While the more open Lead Developer/Senior Developer system has generally been an improvement over the prior, more secretive and exclusive management structures, some organizational work -- such as posting news updates -- has fallen by the wayside in the transition between management. We are working on amending that -- our [url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.tumblr.com/]tumblr page[/url] which has long been inactive has been revived for instance -- but still have a ways to go.
The move to the new website and restructuring of the forums has also never really been completed. As far as the latter is concerned, at least, we're working on it right now. We've fixed permissions, consolidated the antiquated forum categories, forums and sub-forums, and have begun the process of moving obsolete threads to the now-visible forum archives and replacing all the ancient and convoluted stickies that are littered about the place.

More or less related to those changes, there has been a shift in management:
A while ago, seneca37 was promoted to Administrator, joining the ranks of Haplo and arvisrend who unfortunately could not always make time to take care of administration. To lighten the resulting load on seneca37, Gnomey and Swiftoak (who is mostly helping out in the background and cannot be reached through the forums) have now also been promoted to Administrator in turn. Theminimanx has been promoted to Lead Developer as of yesterday.
As a reflection of that shift in management, Haplo will be following Thrignar Fraxis and other past leads of TR in formally stepping down.

So in short, the forums and website are still a mess, but we're sorting things out and will keep you posted. Once we're done, TR will be cleaner and more accessible as a website, a forum and project.
Last edited by Gnomey on Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Tried writing out a news update. (It's about time). Largely as a heads-up to people who follow the forums that the forum restructuring is currently underway, in case they missed it. I plan to move it to the proper location so that it gets posted on the website tomorrow, after I give people a bit of time to provide feedback. The former TR department head who has been promoted to Administrator wanted to go unnamed so that people don't try and contact him via the forums and such.

Edit: the above post is now obsolete, but I'm keeping it for posterity's sake.
klep
Lead Developer

Post by klep »

Congratulations Theminimanx!
Theminimanx
Lead Developer

Post by Theminimanx »

Thank you, thank you! I'm very grateful for this recognition of my ability to "not throw a tantrum and start deleting threads at random." :v
The death of vanilla Morrowind will end this prophecy and unite all Morrowind fans again under one mod, one faith, one rule by our divine project. The puppet Morrowind overhaul mods will lay down their arms and bow to our will. Those who do not yield will be destroyed.
Melchior Dahrk
Developer

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

Haplo's been a big figure in TR for a while now. Is he no longer working on the project at all?
Cicero

Post by Cicero »

wow :D, not bad for only being a member for a year and a half :). Nice work
http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/users/2686043/?
arvisrend
Lead Developer

Re: Project Update

Post by arvisrend »

Congratulations, Theminimanx! And also seneca37, Gnomey and Swiftoak, or rather congratulations TR for having active administrators at last :)
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Melchior Dahrk wrote:Haplo's been a big figure in TR for a while now. Is he no longer working on the project at all?
Unfortunately not. I've been relegated to the dreaded Paperwork of Tamriel for some time, but now I don't even have time for that. Real Life(TM) has taken over, and I can't spend what little non-work time I have on TR.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Melchior Dahrk
Developer

Post by Melchior Dahrk »

Haplo wrote:
Melchior Dahrk wrote:Haplo's been a big figure in TR for a while now. Is he no longer working on the project at all?
Unfortunately not. I've been relegated to the dreaded Paperwork of Tamriel for some time, but now I don't even have time for that. Real Life(TM) has taken over, and I can't spend what little non-work time I have on TR.
Well on the one hand I am sorry to hear it, Haplo; but on the other I hope that your current real life activities are fruitful and enjoyable! I know I eventually wandered back to modding after real life gave me somewhere to fit it in again.