Old Dark Brotherhood Assets?

Place where approved concepts are developed into in-game assets. (Models & Textures)

Moderator: Lead Developers

Seneca37
Lead Developer

Old Dark Brotherhood Assets?

Post by Seneca37 »

Claim TR_i3-743 (The Sink Hole) has some old Dark Brotherhood ruins in it. Adamantum has added some interesting armor to the cell, and I just wanted to see what your ideas are. His armor uses the same models as the regular Dark Brotherhood armor, but he has tweaked the stats.

AR: 30-> 25 (Armor rating dropped from 30 to 25)
Health: Dropped to 1/2 to 1/3 the original
Value: Increased 1.5x to 2.0x (due to it being rare/unique)
Enchant: Doubled

Only the Boots, Cuirass, Helm, and Greaves are added.

They can be easily replaced with the original Dark Brotherhood armor.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Personally, I'd switch them out with normal DB armour but give them really low condition. I'm not sure what we will want to do with stuff like expansion armour in the long run; I haven't taken a close look at their stats compared to vanilla equipment, so I'm not sure if they will be somewhat overpowered as I presume or can be left as-is.

I'm not really against keeping the armour distinct from regular DB armour, though. I just think we should remember to change its stats if we end up changing the stats of the regular DB armour. If we're keeping them distinct, I wouldn't mind if the old set were to be made a bit more interesting; for instance, perhaps its enchantments could have a weak minor effect to represent that the enchantment has become unstable over time, due to deterioration of the enchantment, the armour itself, or some other mumbo-jumbo.