15.10 Release

The news of the front page, global announcements, and any discussion of said announcements or news articles.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

15.10 Release

Post by Swiftoak »

Tamriel Rebuilt is pleased to announce the release of build 15.10!

Download: Main Mirror | [url=http://download.fliggerty.com/download--720]Fliggerty[/url] | [url=http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/42145]Nexus[/url]

What's New
It has been well over a year since our last update, and we feel it's time to get things moving along. The delay in releases has been attributed to, as many of you may already well know, a major restructuring in our project. While this past year has seen little in terms of in-game progress, we are now laying the foundations for the various stories and quests you will experience on the Mainland.

This latest release contains a few minor bugfixes to existing content, and is classified as a maintenance release. Most major changes and additions are in our Preview file (formerly known as TR_Alpha). We are incredibly pleased to include the unfinished City of Almalexia in the Preview. This is intended to be a treat to you, the player, rather than a representation of the city in its' final form. The city has no interiors or NPCs, and may cause stability issues. We provide the city as-is, with no guarantee or support in terms of bugfixes, as the city will eventually be redone entirely. We have also added the unfinished heightmap of Southern Morrowind, as we have recieved many complaints about land cutoffs to the south. Between the main release and the preview release, you will now be able to access the entire mainland landmass. Amongst other changes, most of the city of Old Ebonheart has now been interiorized and NPCed, so feel free to explore the city!

As always, with updating, please be sure to remove the previous install of Tamriel Rebuilt in its' entirety. If you are also running the TR_Alpha.esp file, delete it immediately, as the TR_Preview file contains the data included in the Alpha, with further additions. For a full list of changes, please consult the changelog file that is included in the package.

Project Status [October 2015]

As of October 2015, the latest build of Tamriel Rebuilt is version 15.10, released on October 8th, 2015. It contains several bugfixes from our previous 14.08 release. The TR_Alpha file is now known as TR_Preview, and contains the additions of our unfinished heightmap of Southern Morrowind, and our current (to-be-scrapped) iteration of the City of Almalexia. The updated preview file also includes an interiorized and NPCed Old Ebonheart, as well as the new town of Vhul in the Thirr River Valley. This update is the second of our new release scheme, and is the first in our series of 90-day rolling updates. Our next update will be released in December 2015. We hope to begin implementing our unified fast-travel system in the upcoming release. We are currently in the midsts of planning future content. As such, future updates will continue to be maintenance releases. Please consult our changelog for a detailed list of changes and fixes. You are encouraged to visit our forums, or social media outlets to keep track of current progress.

Thank you for your continued support, and we hope you enjoy this release!
-The Tamriel Rebuilt Team
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
Theminimanx
Lead Developer

Post by Theminimanx »

Yay! We got stuff done for once! Sweet, delicious progress!
The death of vanilla Morrowind will end this prophecy and unite all Morrowind fans again under one mod, one faith, one rule by our divine project. The puppet Morrowind overhaul mods will lay down their arms and bow to our will. Those who do not yield will be destroyed.
10Kaziem
Lead Developer

Post by 10Kaziem »

Yaaaaaaaaay! *throws small handful of confetti into the air*
uno Dos Dres

Post by uno Dos Dres »

Congratulations! Good news to the community!
Ironed Maidens
Developer

Post by Ironed Maidens »

Hooray! Great work everyone, we are all da bestest!
Mairon

Post by Mairon »

Bravo ! I've put a great distant land with MGEXEgui in order to see your great exterior work and frankly, It's a sight to behold ! It's really great.
Ironed Maidens
Developer

Post by Ironed Maidens »

Mairon wrote:Bravo ! I've put a great distant land with MGEXEgui in order to see your great exterior work and frankly, It's a sight to behold ! It's really great.
Do you happen to have pics or even a video of the release?
Dormichigan64
Developer
Location: Stop trying to see where I live, you creepy bastard! (Kingston, Ontario)

Post by Dormichigan64 »

My distant land generation doesn't seem to work and says it's missing a bunch of tr textures. Ex. Missing texture: 'tr_ind_banner_01.tga' etc.

Hmmm...
"When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. And life will be all like 'what??'" - Phil Dunphy's Phil's-osophy

(\_/)
(-.-)
(>_<)
Shhh, bunny be snoozing. lolcatz
Ironed Maidens
Developer

Post by Ironed Maidens »

I'm pretty sure you need to download the new .BSA and re-archive.
Dormichigan64
Developer
Location: Stop trying to see where I live, you creepy bastard! (Kingston, Ontario)

Post by Dormichigan64 »

Well, I'm pretty sure I did that, but if I didn't, I would've just wasted a whole lot of time...
"When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. And life will be all like 'what??'" - Phil Dunphy's Phil's-osophy

(\_/)
(-.-)
(>_<)
klinsk

Post by klinsk »

Great work guys, much appreciated!

- titsos
abot
TR Tester

Post by abot »

Dormichigan64 wrote:My distant land generation doesn't seem to work and says it's missing a bunch of tr textures. Ex. Missing texture: 'tr_ind_banner_01.tga' etc.

Hmmm...
if new .BSA is registered,
as some .nif texture paths have been changed, for each .nif giving a texture not found error message, verify you don't have a older/out of bsa .nif version inside the Data Files\Meshes\TR\ folder that is pointing to a old/different texture path (you can just rename the old .nif and try re-generating distant land in case)
Dormichigan64
Developer

Post by Dormichigan64 »

Thank you, but it's all fixed now. Just a stupid mistake. :P

(\_/)
(-.-)
(>_<)
Dragon32

Post by Dragon32 »

Was it an intentional choice to remove text (and crucially version number) from the Description fields of TR_Mainland.esm and TR_Preview.esp? Was this a one off or how things will be for all future releases? If the latter I'll remove the version checking from mlox next time I update it.
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I just noticed that myself. I would think that it is just a one time slip, but I'm checking with the other leads to see if it was done intentionally for some reason. I'll let you know asap.