Request: new rug models

Place where approved concepts are developed into in-game assets. (Models & Textures)

Moderator: Lead Developers

10Kaziem
Lead Developer

Request: new rug models

Post by 10Kaziem »

We have a few beautiful rugs that are one flat face and they should be made into models with real thickness.

These models should be:

Simple
With actual thickness and slope off at the frilly edges of the rugs
The actual shape and size of the existing rugs
Able to be swapped out without someone needing to move each and every rug.

In the spoiler is an image of what is going on.

[spoiler][img]http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/r791/10kaziem/Tamriel%20Rebuilt/Models%20and%20Textures/Rugmodelreq_zpsc9wfrpbi.jpg[/img][/spoiler]
Ironed Maidens
Developer

Post by Ironed Maidens »

Yes, a lot of these rugs are present in OE and have problems. Also can you check the OE fighter's guild interior for me to verify if the walls to the right when you walk in flicker as well?

I also have a bone to pick with a lot of the tapestries and "paintings" we have too....
10Kaziem
Lead Developer

Post by 10Kaziem »

Ironed Maidens wrote:Yes, a lot of these rugs are present in OE and have problems. Also can you check the OE fighter's guild interior for me to verify if the walls to the right when you walk in flicker as well?

I also have a bone to pick with a lot of the tapestries and "paintings" we have too....
1) Yes, that's why we ought to have these updated.

2) Post any bugs or potential bugs in the bug report thread.

3) If you have any ideas for textures you think need updating, post your thoughts in the TR Data texture Update thread and I'll eventually get to them.
st.Veloth, The Repenting

Post by st.Veloth, The Repenting »

it would be cool to see some tatami mats and telvanni rugs
http://www.fluentu.com/japanese/blog/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2014/09/10-bizarre-japanese-superstitions3.jpg
almsivi bless, to create one must first destroy, the nature of all, is in equilibrium
- sotha sil
Mwgek
Developer

Post by Mwgek »

I made some rugs for PC a long time ago. If they are ok with it, you are free to use it aswell.
--Mwgek--
Worsas
Developer

Post by Worsas »

Here are some updated rug meshes with thickness and, except for one rug, without alpha.
Attachments
TR_rugs.7z
(9.55 KiB) Downloaded 142 times
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

This is great, Worsas. Thanks!

Very soon we can finally be rid of all that flickering in the CS. :P
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
10Kaziem
Lead Developer

Post by 10Kaziem »

Made updated textures that have no alpha maps, which should fit with the updated models.
Attachments
rugupdate.rar
Updated rug textures for updated rug models
(2.37 MiB) Downloaded 163 times
Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

RyanS wrote:This is great, Worsas. Thanks!

Very soon we can finally be rid of all that flickering in the CS. :P

Just so you know, the rugs are really no longer an issue. They were changed a few releases ago to have larger collision meshes. This makes them sit 0.05 above the ground when "F"d into place. Far enough so that they don't flicker in most cases.

Now the alpha channel stuff is still an issue. And I'll incorporate those changes in the next release. I'll also look at all the new rugs W. made and what needs to be incorporated.
10Kaziem
Lead Developer

Post by 10Kaziem »

FYI the new textures I linked in my last post have no alpha at all, meaning they have to have new models to go onto. One of them is a rug with a ragged edge which might need alpha anyway. When you get around to playtesting these let me know and we can make sure the models and textures line up right.