Greater Lich fix WIP

WIP Downloads, Help forum, Bugtesting and Feedback.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Glisp

Greater Lich fix WIP

Post by Glisp »

So you guys know the Greater Lich right? the Super rare Lich only found in Harru Cavern?

Well I fixed up a couple of clipping issues on the model's head and rotated the head forward slightly to give the eyes a more imposing look. (with the head in its current position, moving the eyes out in their current position just made them look stupid so I tilted the skull's positioning down a bit.

Problem is, the head no longer functions correctly ingame. It works but it has issues with staying on the body. and floats where ever it wants. I need help from someone experienced with modeling here

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2brnywumu929364/tr_liche_greater.nif

Apparently there's no way to solve this issue in nifskope that I know of. If you still don't know what I'm talking about, plug this model into the game and type "placeatpc tr_lich_greater 1,20,1" and see for yourself.
DestinedToDie
Developer

Post by DestinedToDie »

Hard to say. Model head is rigged to the skeleton and works in pose mode, so that's not broken.

You're giving me a file without an animation. And from what I understand, the head floating apart from the body happens when an animation is played where the body walks away.

What I'm guessing is that you messing with the head broke the locrotscale info on the skeleton and its animation. In simpler terms, you botched up the head's ties to animation, so you have an animated body and only a partially animated/not animated head. This is something I would fix in Blender. Then again, because I don't have an animation to look at, I'm just guessing here.
Glisp

Post by Glisp »

It uses the base ingame animations. As in NPC animations and such like regular Liches use.