Publicity and OpenMW

For topics that just don't seem to fit anywhere else.
Not
Lead Developer

Publicity and OpenMW

Post by Not »

I figured I'd post this here since I really don't want this going public until a decision has been made.

I've been talking to our friends over at OpenMW a lot lately and one of the things that came up is the current state of TR. They've always liked us and I do believe that the two projects share a mutual respect for one another, having similar goals working on an almost 13 year old game (at least in my day we did, I'm hoping that hasn't changed.)

Anyway, they offered to use TR content in their new release videos that they do every so often to help send some potential new developers our way. It's just a suggestion, I don't see why we shouldn't allow them to use TR content in their vids, I can't see any negative impacts this will have, but at the same time I'm no longer a lead developer, so this isn't up to me. So I don't know....vote or something.
Not another memory

...And so my bad karma gets worse
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

I'm all for it. As far as I've seen, pretty much everyone here is supportive of working with OpenMW, we just haven't acted on it, which isn't a rare occurrence by any means. Our ongoing issues with community management and keeping to our little island of the internet is probably a large part of the problem. This seems like a good start.
Not
Lead Developer

Post by Not »

Gnomey wrote:I'm all for it. As far as I've seen, pretty much everyone here is supportive of working with OpenMW, we just haven't acted on it, which isn't a rare occurrence by any means. Our ongoing issues with community management and keeping to our little island of the internet is probably a large part of the problem. This seems like a good start.
Actually, I think it's worth mentioning that they're the ones that gave me the idea for the change I'm going to present at tomorrow's Skype meeting. They're even helping me work on the demo and everything!

As far as working with them goes, I'm on very good terms with them over there and I'm pretty much our PR person when it comes to them anyway (in an unofficial capacity of course.) They're nice people and they seem to feel the same way we do about our project.
Not another memory

Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Excellent. I should add that, as I wrote on IRC, as far as I'm concerned this thread can be made public/can be restarted in Project Organization.
10Kaziem
Lead Developer

Post by 10Kaziem »

I like the idea of cross publicity, especially as it doesn't require me to add anything to my own to-do list. Go forth!
Yeti
Lead Developer

Post by Yeti »

I approve. OpenMW is a cool project.
-Head of NPCs: [url=http://www.shotn.com/forums/]Skyrim: Home of the Nords[/url]
RyanS
Lead Developer

Post by RyanS »

It's always good to have more publicity. So I absolutely support this!
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein

A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. -Ayn Rand
Not
Lead Developer

Post by Not »

Everyone should probably have a look at this thread, specifically, the very bottom post. What do you all think? I think it'd be mutually beneficial to both projects if we went along with it!

So yeah...vote or something lol

p.s. incidentally, the person that made this post for us has tried registering on our own forums and hasn't gotten the confirmation email, he's been waiting over 24 hours for it now. psi29a is the username on these forums. Is there any way an Admin could approve him so he can start posting here? I'd ask in IRC but no one is on and I need to sleep. Thanks to whoever can take care of this.

Notling Edit: I decided to move this out of Admin because as Gnomey already stated; there's really no need for this thread to be kept private.
Not another memory

Seneca37
Lead Developer

Post by Seneca37 »

psi29a appears to be a member. If he/she is still having issues, we'll need to look into it further (PM Anonytroll).
psi29a
Lead Developer

Post by psi29a »

Cheers!

Thanks for letting me in. ;)