So, where are u from?

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

St. Paul, Capital of Minnesota.
For europeans, who might not know all 50 states, minnesota is on the border of canada inbetween the east and west coasts and is shaped somewhat like a K; and gets the worst winter weather anywhere in the continential states. Not neccessarily snow; more like ice covering everything and extremely unpredictable temperatures that hop between 10 below and 30 (fahrenheigt, in celsius it's all below 0) just about weekly.
The twin cities of Minneapolis and st. paul, of which the inner cities are seperated by only the missisippi river, are probably the most under-recognised major american metropolis. 1.2 Million people live here and counting suburbs it's 3 million, yet cities nobody cares about with far less people (IE fairbanks, AK) get put on maps instead.

I don't live in some lame little suburb; I live just about dead center in inner city st. paul (2 miles west of downtown); though I mostly hang out in Minneapolis. Minneapolis has some of the best clubs in the whole midwest; First Avenue is among the most famous venues in the nation (and for good reason).

Anyway; my city is far from beautiful aesthetically, save maybe downtown minneapolis or anywhere along the river. The neighborhood I live in is rather funny, because it alternates between extremely dangerous crack houses/meth labs/gang hideouts and rich people houses just about every other block - I was once chased by a crackwhore desperate for business one day when I was walking to a friend's house.

So yeah, it's not pretty; but it's awesome in that bizzarre special way.
"Crashing the game is an innovative way of alerting the player that they've finished the quest, but I'm not sure that's the kind of innovation we're looking for." - Sload
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

ORIGINALLY from the biggest (or smallest) shithole in England; Bishop Auckland. The sprawling council estate there officially has the biggest smack problem in the Northeast. I live in Newcastle now, which isn't all that different ;)

Vernon, you've been to Durham?? That's class! You may have seen my old band, we used to play there all the time
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

Bournemouth, United Kingdom (right down in the south, near the beach)
Graff
Developer Emeritus

Post by Graff »

sirwootalot123 wrote:St. Paul, Capital of Minnesota.
For europeans, who might not know all 50 states.
America has states? I thought that was just a joke!

Graff.
[Maybe Not]Done With TR[Quite Yet]
arturs

Post by arturs »

Estonia, city of Tartu.
I guess i'm the only one from Estonia. ;(
Last edited by arturs on Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barthelemy

Post by Barthelemy »

Bielsko-Biała, Poland )
Last edited by Barthelemy on Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Vallaheiane in Bergen, Norway.
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
PaulShin

Post by PaulShin »

Katowice city on south of Poland :) Actually in something we may call it's "province"
Interiors done: 0/0/1/12 (C/S/R/A)
Interiors reviewed: 18 (Not a reviewer atm)
Current Project:
-Imperial Forts mod (nonTR)
Negrodomous

Post by Negrodomous »

Indoril wrote:Denver, Colorado.
hey, I have an aunt in Denver :)
Treeman300

Post by Treeman300 »

Nyack NY in Rockland county
4550re0
Unimud
Location: A padded room with my best friends that live in my head.

Post by Unimud »

I was born in Texas, America and have moved several times and lost several good friends until I figured out that you can't move away from forums. *mwaha*

I'm moving again in a few months.
Hate George Bush? Want to hate him more?[url=http://www.dubyaspeak.com/]Click..uh.. it[/url]

Growing old is mandatory, growing wise is optional.
G.M.K.

Post by G.M.K. »

I live in New Jersey, New Brunswick it's a speck on the map with about 200 people...
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I live in celibacy.
Last edited by Haplo on Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zalzidrax
Developer

Post by Zalzidrax »

When I'm not at Linfield College, I live near Seattle, Washington, bu when I'm at college (like now), I live in McMinnville, Oregon, which is about 40 miles Southwest of Portland, and 40 miles East of Lincoln City and the Pacific Ocean. It's not a very big town, but its surrounded by vinyards, and the scenery ain't bad.

It's actually been quite suny here lately, which is quite unusual. I blame the Californians- first they steal all our rain, and then what do they do with it? They make mudslides and slide peoples' houses off hills and slide hills into peoples' houses. Silly Californians.
turtleman04

Post by turtleman04 »

I live in the unofficial ghetto of Alabama.
Let me know what you need. (Sound FX)
Baalzebub

Post by Baalzebub »

i live in a stupid lame ass place called aure in norway.
The lord of flies "Baalzebub" will come to earth and kill all living things, none will survive....exept for the flies naturally.

"silence"
Xui'al
Developer Emeritus

Post by Xui'al »

Grande Prairie Alberta Canada, where its really cold. My computers overclocked CPU is melting my igloo!
'What if man is not really a scoundrel - man in general, I mean, the whole race of mankind - then all the rest is prejudice, simply artificial terrors and there are no barriers and it's all as it should be.'
viKING
Developer

Post by viKING »

I live in OSLO! Capital of NORWAY!
-the real OC G
Kasan Moor
Developer

Post by Kasan Moor »

Edam, Holland. It's nice here, but a bit too much people listening to hardcore.
"Bling shizzle, here's a revizzle . . .oh god, I'm so white. . . "
-Jacurutu

"and since Armor of Tamriel has been delayed longer than Half Life 2, I have no idea if it exists or not." -Dexter
nietzsche

Post by nietzsche »

Wow, another Yorkshire resident on TR, and so many people believe we can't use a computer!!
:lol: that's funny
anyway, i am from Jyväskylä, Finland
EdAptra
Developer

Post by EdAptra »

isle of wight, off the coast of england, south of portsmouth, if anybody's heard of it
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

MEE!! I have, I live very near to there :D
Andres Indoril
Senior Developer

Post by Andres Indoril »

This topic isn't locked yet, so I'll mention that I live in Estonia, I live near Tallinn, which is the capital of Estonia...
[url=http://andresindoril.blogspot.com/][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyleft.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.youtube.com/user/AndresIndoril][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyright.jpg[/img][/url]
"You guys are no fun, I'll start my own TR with dead children and toy guars!" -Why
Mr. Sorry of Balmora

Post by Mr. Sorry of Balmora »

Well lets see... I am american born raised mostly in a little place called the late 80's and now currently reside in Stuttgart AR, United States of America, Northwestern Hemisphere, of the biosphere called Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, of an undetermened amount of mass know as Outer Space contained inside an even bigger mass knows as The Universe.
Quotidian Modding Hologram

Please state the nature of the Modding Emergency.

"Peace is a dream. Reality is a knife." ICE-T
Orix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Orix »

The incredibly sunny town of Macclesfield, in Cheshire England... although I'm never there because I'm at University in Leicester, about 2 hours drive away.
P.S. Please don't make handbags, wallets, belts or shoes out of Orix [img]http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/3826/orixmj4.png[/img]
CommonsNat
Developer

Post by CommonsNat »

I live in Jacksonville, Florida. I wonder which other person lives closest to me. Negrodomous(sp?) did, but I don't know if he's on TR anymore.
Nathan Commons
Arondil Rethan

Post by Arondil Rethan »

Seinäjoki, cold hell of Finland. Studying in Seinäjoki service sector school.
Any objections?
mariedanj
Developer

Post by mariedanj »

storm_crow wrote:Saint-Bruno (south shore of Montreal, which you can see on a world map) province of Quebec (where people speak french), Canada (where most people speak english)...
Quelque chose me dit que je connais cet endroit...

Hey, I know this place! I am from Québec City !
My sister is in Scotland until May and she is so depressed because there is no snow! Yet it's cold!
the Bard

Post by the Bard »

EdAptra wrote:isle of wight, off the coast of england, south of portsmouth, if anybody's heard of it
I've heard of it, heard it's really beautiful with the limestone cliffs.
I'm from Amsterdam, capitol of the Netherlands.
Nichevo
Developer

Post by Nichevo »

Norway (4,641,500), Trondheim (156,161). Will reside in Norwich, England next year :D It's going to be great
Nichevo
Developer

Post by Nichevo »

Baalzebub wrote:i live in a stupid lame ass place called aure in norway.
Haha, Aure!
I have a cabin at the coast there. Now that's a coincidence
Morgoth
Developer Emeritus
Location: That big place next to the smaller place with the tree.

Post by Morgoth »

I'm a mountain-man from the northern hills of Pennsylvania, U.S. My nearest neighbor lives three and a half miles away, and the school I would have gone to is 17 miles away. (I'm home-schooled, and it sucks.) Our little town of Yettobedetermined is home to just under 2000 residents, our school (yes, that's singular) educates about 500 students from pre-k up to 12th grade. Our nearest Wallmart is 40 miles away, in a different county, and our nearest mall is 85 miles away,in a different State. I hunt and fish because, in case you haven't noticed, I live in a very rural area. I'm on our Tennis and Hoops teams, and we've won the district championship twice in the last ten years. That's where I live.
Founder of the Realms of Renth. Please give us a visit!

[img]http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/4640/sigbannerap7.jpg[/img]

www.realmsofrenth.com
Blackthrone
Developer

Post by Blackthrone »

Graff wrote:Wow, another Yorkshire resident on TR, and so many people believe we can't use a computer!! :D

Graff.
Cauri Blackthrone currently festers in Bradford, maybe 10 minutes drive from Theo in Leeds. Bradford sucks but Leeds has maybe the best Metal/Heavy rock clubs in the country. I can usually be found half dead in the corner of the Cockpit there. Heh! it's proberbly Theo that says "Haven't you had enough miss?" before throwing me into a Taxi.
Oh yeah, and for a Yorkshire girl I'm pretty hot with the computer. (though I still have a Gertrude the Cow powering it.)
"I don't have time to die I'm too busy." : - Last words of Magdalen Blackthrone, matriarch of our great house.
Graff
Developer Emeritus

Post by Graff »

Blackthrone wrote:
Graff wrote:Wow, another Yorkshire resident on TR, and so many people believe we can't use a computer!! :D

Graff.
Cauri Blackthrone currently festers in Bradford, maybe 10 minutes drive from Theo in Leeds. Bradford sucks but Leeds has maybe the best Metal/Heavy rock clubs in the country. I can usually be found half dead in the corner of the Cockpit there. Heh! it's proberbly Theo that says "Haven't you had enough miss?" before throwing me into a Taxi.
Oh yeah, and for a Yorkshire girl I'm pretty hot with the computer. (though I still have a Gertrude the Cow powering it.)
Theo's back in prague now though.

I saw a band on wednesday who were from bradford *thinks* Our City is Dying or something like that.

Corporation is way better than the Cockpit though.

Graff.
[Maybe Not]Done With TR[Quite Yet]
Vholdrian
Developer

Post by Vholdrian »

Zoetermeer, Holland.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Best existing country :P

And no, not every street has a mill.
[img]http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/4350/ve3flv2.jpg[/img]

People ask me to put my signature here. However, I do not want to write on my LCD screen. It's a good way to ruin a perfectly good screen. -M'aiq's little brother
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Bergen, Norway. Not as rainy as they say (this year at least).
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I'm from Balmora XD and that's all your going to know!!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA By the way it's nice down here, you should come visit me sometime XD rofl
phonokin

Post by phonokin »

Tauranga , New Zealand
airwoff88

Post by airwoff88 »

Look At my Signature
Andres Indoril
Senior Developer

Post by Andres Indoril »

you should change your signature, because it wants me to log into somewhere and I don't like it :evil:
[url=http://andresindoril.blogspot.com/][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyleft.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.youtube.com/user/AndresIndoril][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyright.jpg[/img][/url]
"You guys are no fun, I'll start my own TR with dead children and toy guars!" -Why