My Complete TR submission

In order to implement content in-game, you must be a Developer. This is the place for you to introduce yourself, and apply to become a TR Developer.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Lintewathion
Developer

My Complete TR submission

Post by Lintewathion »

ok , so a few of you have seen my orignal post with the incomplete ESP
Now You get to see my fully populated,fully tweaked, finished version of the Example i chose.

again, to get to it, type

Code: Select all

coc trtomb2
in the console , and ignore the extra cell.
let me know of any problems you may find :)

edit: swapped out original ESP and added one with a few fixes, and that has added items.
Attachments
TRtomb.esp
(481.52 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
Last edited by Lintewathion on Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:22 am, edited 7 times in total.
Lintewathion
Developer

Post by Lintewathion »

im also in the middle of learning dialogue, so i can do that too now :P

and immediately after, im going to pick up on my scripting tutorial i was working with
Nanu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nanu »

Assuming that this is the newest version of the tomb, I have the following advice to offer:

You included a book that explains all of the issues that I could think of with the tomb, so I'm only going to notice technical errors and oversights.

"contain_releth_corpse00" is a duel-unique item, only appearing in the Releth Ancestral Tomb.

This is still a little naked. You don't have to add the urns on top, but add the alters around the rim of each room. It'll look better, trust me.

Your note is floating. :P

Everything else is pretty well done, you used gridsnap, worked with the light, and came up with a backstory for the family.

Fix these things and you'll be well on your way to becoming a TR Modder!

On a side note to any Reviewer/Modder that looks at this guy's submission, please consider that he would actually be dedicated to the mod.
"You can remove spells from your list in Morrowind. I think it was shift-click, don't quote me on that though." - Cathartis
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mnbsqv]Forum Rules[/url]
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mj594z]Moratorium[/url]
| [url=http://tinyurl.com/6msxag]Writing for TR[/url]
Lintewathion
Developer

Post by Lintewathion »

thanks for the review, ill work on this tomarrow, as its 11 pm ,and i need to get to sleep.
Taking Break from TR for a while. ill still occasionally pop in and help out in showcase tho :P
mariedanj
Developer

Post by mariedanj »

Just a few things to modify...

- add a name to your Velothialtar_contain, otherwise the player sees the ID of the object, not its name. Does it have to be locked at 0 ? One would like to lockpick it, if possible... and your key was well hidden, I never saw it in game (which is not bad, but I couldn't lockpick so...).

- As mentioned before, it looks a little empty, except for the first room, which is perfect. Never thought of adding webs? :)

- As for your books, you need to erase some space at the end of lines so it will continue on the next line perfectly. In game, it creates gaps. Interesting story by the way, well written (except for typos :wink: ).
Lintewathion
Developer

Post by Lintewathion »

lol, actually webs never crossed my mind, but its a good idea. im not going to be adding very much more in terms of loot, or corpses, as it would require writing more backgrounds to the book,though i will attempt to make it feel less "naked" as nanu put it

unfortunately, i have been unable to work on it the last few days, as ive been sick :( i may add a new altar here and there, add a name to that one, im going to keep it at 0 lock level, however im going to add a detect key potion ( if you have the version thats uploaded now, the key has actually been moved, to the skeletons hand thats closest to the player, in the other version its hidden in the nose cavity, but that was reported to be near impossible to get. )

also,could you list the typos you saw?
mariedanj
Developer

Post by mariedanj »

Typos ??
I can't recall them all, but I saw mostly capitalized words that don't need it. English is not my mother tongue, so you might need to ask someone good with spelling. As for grammar, it looked ok.
Lintewathion
Developer

Post by Lintewathion »

ok i uploaded a newer version,but i havent done much, i added new latars ans decoration,made the key to the locked altar more visable and added a detect key potion
Taking Break from TR for a while. ill still occasionally pop in and help out in showcase tho :P
Nanu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nanu »

Alright mod reviewed. Considering the book there is nothing in this tomb that doesn't fit. On a quick runthrough, I noticed no bleeders, floaters, clippers, or any other "-ers" that we have in our lingo. :P
Last edited by Nanu on Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lintewathion
Developer

Post by Lintewathion »

why thank you, i shall not dissapoint:P
PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

Hey there, Lintewathion!

I like what you've got but you definately have a ways to go.

In your tomb:
- There are way too many torches, likely due to the lighting set to zero. I'd start by looking at other tombs, and setting it slightly more dark than that, given the overall air you're trying to convey. This would also allow you to get rid of some of those dark lights in the 'boss' room...
- the point of the daedric spear is bleeding into an altar
- I like the layout, except for the three doors all together on the bottom floor. I feel there should be a hallway, or a ramp... or something... three doors together like that just doesn't feel right.
- all the really good loot is in the first room?

That's all I'll say about the interior for now :)

Exterior:
- You've a nice start here, too, but it definately needs some more detailing. More trees, a bog or two, some mushrooms, some more rocks...
- Could use a lot of differentiation in the land height and textures as well. The hill is good, but the rest is flat. Look at other cells of BC for inspiration and guidance.
- The fact that everything is vertex shaded is good, but I'd increase the radius for your leafy trees some...
"When you find out someone's sleeping with your wife, you want to kill the f***er"
~Prof. Gardner

"You wiki'd my girlfriend?"
~Dexter
Morden
Developer Emeritus

Post by Morden »

Welcome to the forums Lintewathion :) I'm glad to see you're sticking with it. At the moment, almost all of the interiors that we're modding use the Indoril set. We're trying to finish the city of Almalexia on Map 3. Have you had a chance to mod Indoril interiors at all?
Lintewathion
Developer

Post by Lintewathion »

i havenbt used the indoril set yet, but i tent to learn it quick

ill address some of these issues conveyed here right now. ill upload in a few minutes
Morden
Developer Emeritus

Post by Morden »

If you'd like to learn the Indoril set we can help you in this thread. That's one good thing about the Showcase. :)

And once you're comfortable working with Indoril models you'd be a great help. ;)
Lintewathion
Developer

Post by Lintewathion »

ok, i made several changes, including : lengthened the distance between all the bottom level doors, removed some of the torches and modified the exterior. im going to start jackin around with the indoril pieces, and see what i have to work with :P
Lintewathion
Developer

Post by Lintewathion »

im probobly missing some incredibly obvious detail, but i can only find 3 planters with the tag "In_ind" and quite a few exterior pieces, unless they arent in EoT or OoT. What am i missing here?
Andres Indoril
Senior Developer

Post by Andres Indoril »

try in_mh or furn_mh because the Indoril Architecture is originally only found in Mournhold :D
[url=http://andresindoril.blogspot.com/][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyleft.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.youtube.com/user/AndresIndoril][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyright.jpg[/img][/url]
"You guys are no fun, I'll start my own TR with dead children and toy guars!" -Why
Lintewathion
Developer

Post by Lintewathion »

oh duh lol... i guess i should have guessed, since the exterior pieces i looked at are basically modified MH pieces :P
PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

I'm sorry, I don't suppose I was clear on what I meant when I said that the three doors together looked odd... I was speaking specifically about the three doorjambs that blocked in a one tile three way piece, not anything else. You didn't need to extend the hallway that lead to in_velothismall_room_02, which, after the extension you put on it, looks out of place compared to the compactedness of the tomb.

On that note, I think you added two too many hall pieces that leads to the room with the fresco. Another contradiction to the nice, compact feel that it had before. I'd say, get rid of two of those hall pieces, and the doorway to the room.

And I still think there's too many lights here. Take a look at other tombs, and take special note of how dark they tend to be. A few lights for large rooms, one for a hallway, and that's about it...

The more I look at them, the more I don't like the correctly sized (x1.00) urns between the altars. They just seem kinda out of place, for some reason.

Also, the "dark" lights, I feel are unnecessary. Too many of them... The place should look dark even without them, but if you want this place to be extra dark, a few would be good, but 8 is overkill, IMO.

On a final note, don't be afraid to play with the architecture more. You've got some halls, some rooms, altars, urns, and a fresco. Don't forget about ashpits, platforms, stairs, vaulted ceiling hallway pieces (the hallway pieces of in_velothilarge_*, specifically), and even a temple shrine or two that you could use.

I couldn't find much to comment on about the exterior... but only because you didn't do much to it. The vertex shading is better (though now that its got a larger radius under the trees, I would surmise that your setting is too dark), and a single bog is a start, but nothing special. So, I assume that you're more interested in interiors anyways. :)

Keep at it.
"When you find out someone's sleeping with your wife, you want to kill the f***er"
~Prof. Gardner

"You wiki'd my girlfriend?"
~Dexter
Lintewathion
Developer

Post by Lintewathion »

first, sorry its taken me so long, family problems.

originally, i had removed those dark lights,but i dont get the exact effect i want without them. i can try to lessen the amount by rearranging them however. just remember ive cut quite a few out already
yes i am mainly interested in interiors, but if need be i CAN do a decent exterior with a little practice

i apologize for my hastey retreat, but i must go, ill reply more in depth later when i have time :)
Lintewathion
Developer

Post by Lintewathion »

Ok, new Version uploaded. Lighting and Some Object placement fixed. hopefully this is how you imagined seeing it :)

sorry for my recent inactiveness, i should be more active soon. Ive Had all sorts of personal and family issues flying around... most of them are resolved so you should see me more
Nanu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nanu »

This is better. The only problem that I could detect was that the alters clip with the floor. This is a pretty old tomb though, so they could be built-ins. :)

I'd recommend him. That's me though.
"You can remove spells from your list in Morrowind. I think it was shift-click, don't quote me on that though." - Cathartis
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mnbsqv]Forum Rules[/url]
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mj594z]Moratorium[/url]
| [url=http://tinyurl.com/6msxag]Writing for TR[/url]
Lintewathion
Developer

Post by Lintewathion »

thanks for reccomending me, hopefully others form the same conclusion as you :)
Morden
Developer Emeritus

Post by Morden »

Promoted to TR moddder.

Feel free to keep using this thread for any of your own purposes, including future work, and take a look at the new forums available to you... the project just got a whole lot bigger. If you'd like to take an interior claim you can find available ones listed in the claims browser:

http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/claims.php

Currently there are a number house indoril claims, and the rest are Hlaalu. The Hlaalu claims were just opened recently, but it would be great if we could focus on the last remaining Indoril interiors. You've shown that you can not only build things in the CS, but you're willing to go back to your work and fix your mistakes. Modding at TR is a constant improvement process... and I hope you'll continue to learn here.

If you have questions about the claims browser you can ask here, or in the Private Tavern:

http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewforum.php?f=202

Its also encouraged that you log in to our IRC channel at some point. There are usually other modders in there chatting about random things, as well as admins and moderators. We do a lot of open planning and discussion through IRC. You can find us on the Chatspike server in the channel #tamriel

TR IRC FAQ:
http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/?p=faq&section=166874

Cheers,
Morden. :)

Post by Lintewathion »

why thank you.now allow me to lose my cool for a second

AWESOME!!!
Morden
Developer Emeritus

Post by Morden »

Look around.. get to know people :) Take your time.. there are quite a few things to figure out, but the Private Tavern is a good place to ask. IRC really is a good place to get to know people... on the weekends its pretty chatty. During the week its slower, but there are always a few admins and moderators kicking about :)