Why are we pushing the people in Showcase to do MH so much?

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

kapuhy
Reviewer

Why are we pushing the people in Showcase to do MH so much?

Post by kapuhy »

As far as I know, next interiors to go up for claiming are Hlaalu and Redoran ones. There are still 10 Indoril ints to claim, but... well, there were 15 just three days ago, if people claim them at that rate we'll be out of them in a week or two. At the same moment, we are suggesting all new modders to do Indoril interiors in showcase. I'm a little bit afraid that if someone submits a nice interior and first comment will be "Yeah, it's nice but it's not MH" he may feel a bit...badly, is this the right word?
If there really was a big problem with finishing Almalexia, I would understand this, but it seems that after these last ten claims are taken we won't be doing anything Indoril for a long time. Or am I wrong?
"We just wanted to check what would happen if we shut the power off" - Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant Supervisor
Morden
Developer Emeritus

Post by Morden »

If we hadn't encouraged new modders to learn the MH style we'd still be waiting to get them claimed.
I'm a little bit afraid that if someone submits a nice interior and first comment will be "Yeah, it's nice but it's not MH"
This isn't likely to happen. There is no requirement that you do Mournhold.. but your odds of getting noticed are way higher. Not to mention the fact that 100% of the open claims are for House Indoril. Do you know how long those Indoril claims have been up? Forever. Because nobody likes the limitations of the Indoril architecture. LadyN has been pounding many of them out by herself, just to get through them. We might as well have new, talented, and enthusiastic modders claiming the rest. When all of the house Indoril claims are gone, I'll remove my note from the showcase FAQ and we'll start encouraging the next style.
kapuhy
Reviewer

Post by kapuhy »

I see. Well, if these claims are still up next week, I'll be first to grab whatever's left, as I know I am getting Tribunal this weekend at last. I hope these new enthusiastic modders leave at least one for me :)
Nanu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nanu »

Because nobody likes the limitations of the Indoril architecture.
Yay, someone agrees with me!

I would rather review a MH interior then a cave or shack. It's REALLY hard to get the people to realize that the floor is uneven! Plus, I joined on in hopes of doing tombs, caves, and the like. I have yet to see one up for grabs. :(
"You can remove spells from your list in Morrowind. I think it was shift-click, don't quote me on that though." - Cathartis
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mnbsqv]Forum Rules[/url]
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mj594z]Moratorium[/url]
| [url=http://tinyurl.com/6msxag]Writing for TR[/url]
Morden
Developer Emeritus

Post by Morden »

You actually just missed a whole bunch of map 1 caves. I'm sure more will come up as soon as we get to running a beta on map 2.
Nanu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nanu »

YAY! :)
"You can remove spells from your list in Morrowind. I think it was shift-click, don't quote me on that though." - Cathartis
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mnbsqv]Forum Rules[/url]
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mj594z]Moratorium[/url]
| [url=http://tinyurl.com/6msxag]Writing for TR[/url]
Indoril

Post by Indoril »

Indoril (MH) is the hardest of the city interiors to mod in. Ironicly, I have done a majority of my interiors in MH style buildings. I do agree though. Since I've been here, I really have only done city interiors. I really hope for some tomb/cave/ruin interiors just like you. :D
Stendarr is the God of Mercy and Justice. Therefore, he must also be the bearer of Duck Tape, for only Mercy and Justice can use Duck Tape for the Good of man.
(\__/)
(^_^)
(>o<)
Hayden
Developer

Post by Hayden »

Indoril wrote:Indoril (MH) is the hardest of the city interiors to mod in. Ironicly, I have done a majority of my interiors in MH style buildings. I do agree though. Since I've been here, I really have only done city interiors. I really hope for some tomb/cave/ruin interiors just like you. :D
I REALLY want to do some dwemer interiors, especially once Oblivion is out.
-Hayden
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

There are only two known Dwarven ruins in Hammerfell - Fang Lair and Stros M'Kai. And PoHa! has Fang Lair, and I bet you SM will be a core claim because it appeared in Redgaurd therefore should be built like it.

But there might be some cool Redgaurd ruins around the place. And also Orcish and goblin camps in the Dragontail Mts.
Hayden
Developer

Post by Hayden »

I suppose that a "Minor" ruin (for example, a small segment of tunnel that is linked to a cave and goes nowwhere) is completely out of the question.

In that case, I look forward do working on the redguard ruins :)
-Hayden
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

I think the only problem with having other Dwemer ruins besides Stros M'kai and Fang Lair is that we have Nedic ruins and Yoku ruins that also need architecture sets, not to mention atleast one rich and poor Hammerfell set and all the other models needed, so it'd be best if Dwemer ruin peices didn't need to be a totally complete set and were more custom designed than that.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
Hayden
Developer

Post by Hayden »

Sload wrote:I think the only problem with having other Dwemer ruins besides Stros M'kai and Fang Lair is that we have Nedic ruins and Yoku ruins that also need architecture sets, not to mention atleast one rich and poor Hammerfell set and all the other models needed, so it'd be best if Dwemer ruin peices didn't need to be a totally complete set and were more custom designed than that.
Any place I can read about the Yoku and Nedic cultures?
-Hayden
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Hayden wrote:Any place I can read about the Yoku and Nedic cultures?
The Imperial Library. See the Links page. (There is not a lot written about the Nedic culture though. Yoku is ancient Redguard).
Hayden
Developer

Post by Hayden »

Thanks, they did give me enough info to start working on ideas about how the ruins might work.
-Hayden
Blackthrone
Developer

Post by Blackthrone »

I actually found the indoril tileset quite versatile. In fact the only real problems I found was with one set of stairs ( with the balcony cut off) not having a reversed copy and one of the TR floor pieces having a blue floor tile which really stands out when the rest of the flooring in shades of green.

As for the dwemer thing. I find it hard to believe that there'd be only two ruins when an entire clan's exodus to the place, maybe I'm wrong I'll have to look through some lore.

May you live in intresting Times.
X X X
Blackthrone.
"I don't have time to die I'm too busy." : - Last words of Magdalen Blackthrone, matriarch of our great house.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

There may well be more Dwarven ruins. But only two are mentioned in lore. And those two, unless Oblivion adds lore to the existance of others, should be the only two to exist.
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

Nomadic1 wrote:There may well be more Dwarven ruins. But only two are mentioned in lore. And those two, unless Oblivion adds lore to the existance of others, should be the only two to exist.
Lies. Those two are big ones mentioned in lore. I bet that Rourken clan (and Kragen clan which is told to build Fang Lair) built more than 1 city each.
[img]http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/3336/oblivionforum5tb.jpg[/img]

Your friendly slavedriver.
Morden
Developer Emeritus

Post by Morden »

nah.. i think nomadic is right, stalker. Only two dwemer cities. :P *Pokes Stalker with a stick and watches*