Ola's showcase

In order to implement content in-game, you must be a Developer. This is the place for you to introduce yourself, and apply to become a TR Developer.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Ola

Ola's showcase

Post by Ola »

Hello,
I'm newbie, but I would like to help TR.
This was supposed to be an exercise before making ancestral tomb described by Stalker, but during creating it I decided to send this one first (If you want me to make Stalker's interior example as well, I can do it).
It is a small tomb of not too rich family. Cell name is "OLA_showcase_tomb"
I'm looking forward to your crushing criticism :)
Attachments
OLA_showcase_tomb.rar
(2.96 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
mariedanj
Developer

Post by mariedanj »

My criticism won't be crushing, so breathe...

- I noticed you put a path grid, which is excellent.
- And sound effects!
- The lightning is, to my taste, very appropriate.
- You kept it simple, according to your intention.
- no bleeders, no floaters!
- Are you sure you're a newbie? I guess you worked on your own for a time...
- I suggest you lock a container or a door, so to add a little "action", but otherwise, one cannot expect much from a "small tomb of a not too rich family", as you put it.
- huh... I don't know what else to say, waiting for your next esp.
Ola

Post by Ola »

I took a deep breath, thank you very much. :)
I am a newbie, this is my second "work". Next one will be a bit delayed because I have to leave for a few days.
PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

Bumping for the showcaser. I haven't the time currently to aid in this (packing) but other modders should now recognize that this showcase exists, and give feedback.

Note to showcasers: Its perfectly fine to bump your own showcase thread if its been a while since anyone has responded.

Note to those who are "Modders" or higher: Please give your insights to new members. You've attained Modder status because of what you know, and how you apply it. Share the wealth.
"When you find out someone's sleeping with your wife, you want to kill the f***er"
~Prof. Gardner

"You wiki'd my girlfriend?"
~Dexter
Ola

Post by Ola »

This is my second tomb, maybe it's still not exactly what I intended, but still...
I planned to send this two weeks ago, but I was starting in History competition and I had awfully much work. Name of the cell is OLA_showcase_tomb2. Feel free to take a look and tell me what I should change.
And one more thing: my English is not too good, so if I do mistakes when writing, please correct me.
Attachments
Ola_Showcase-tomb2.zip
(10.09 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

Hi there, Ola! Glad to see you're still around :)

This tomb is very nicely done. I like it. Just short of perfect though:

- I don't believe a "ingred_Dae_cursed_ruby_01" should be here. Those are used in Daedric ruins. Although I have seen daedra in tombs before... hmm... well, if you can name a tomb that had cursed items in it, then this one will be okay.
- light_com_candle_08 shouldn't be here, its not de
- the two shrines at the top of the stairs in the largest room don't look right to me, because the railing covers up what would otherwise be a complete painting/fresco thingamabob on the side of the altar. I'd suggest finding something else to cover the stair's rail endings (perhaps use two "ex_vivec_w_e_01"?)
- the skulls on the spears that are at an angle in that same large room look odd to me too, though I do believe I've seen that before in a tomb somewhere, so I can't REALLY complain, but the angle seems to give it a hostile nature, whereas otherwise (ignoring the guardian bonelords and skeletons) tombs have a calm, 'reverent' feeling... or, something along those lines.
"When you find out someone's sleeping with your wife, you want to kill the f***er"
~Prof. Gardner

~Dexter
Ola

Post by Ola »

I improved the previous version as much as I could. I didn't know what to do with skulls, and since it seems to me that placing skulls at the end of the stairs is common among Dunmer, I didn't delete them but only changed the angle. If you think I should delete them, I will.
Attachments
Ola_Showcase-tomb2p.zip
(10.33 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

This still looks VERY good.

- I don't know what you mean by "placing skulls at the end of the stairs" but I'll assume you mean spears. My only complaint about those was that they were at an angle, whereas I've only seen them straight up and down. At a diagonal, they seem (to me at least) to be more hostile. It was an aesthetic thing, really, not an error to really be concerned about.
- The vivec-ian wall ends are almost doing their job, but just barely not. If you raise them such that their green base is on the floor instead of beneath it, then they should look fine, and cover up the little bits that their missing currently.
- I was checking out your containers to see if you had locked any (you had, to my delight) and noticed that all of them were of the rich variety, except for "chest_tomb_large00" which, although the ID gives no clue unto its worth, the look of it is a dead giveaway.
- another aesthetic note (ie not something that you HAVE to change if you don't want to) is that in the southern, cross-shaped hallway, there's a distinct amount of light coming from the various sconces.

- Finally, for completeness, make certain to clean your .esp's with TESAME (it doesn't appear that you did so with this one).
~Prof. Gardner

~Dexter
Ola

Post by Ola »

I fixed whatever I could. The lighting in the hallway you mentioned was indeed too bright, but I don't know what you meant with TESAME. Before sending this file I did clean it. Only thing that was left was my own custom skeleton and pathgrid.
There might still be some errors in this interior that I don't know about, but hopefully fixing it won't take too much time, so maybe anyone has any suggestions for me what type of interior to try next?
Attachments
Ola_Showcase-tomb2pp.zip
(10.06 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
kapuhy
Reviewer

Post by kapuhy »

Ola wrote:anyone has any suggestions for me what type of interior to try next?
I would recommend something Hlaalu'ish, as right now 90% of available claims are this type of architecture.

EDIT: Sorry, it must be my today's hangover...
Last edited by kapuhy on Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Andres Indoril
Senior Developer

Post by Andres Indoril »

*plays Stalker* Kapuhy, repeat after me: Hlaalu, Hlaalu, Hlaalu :P

Edit: Kapuhy fixed his post. No problem anymore...
Lintewathion
Developer

Post by Lintewathion »

the only thing i can find in your first tomb is...nothing... its flawless from what i can tell :) i havent looked at the other yet:P
Taking Break from TR for a while. ill still occasionally pop in and help out in showcase tho :P
PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

*PoHa! agrees with Lintewathion*

Member has achieved Modder status

Congrats, Ola! You may continue to use this thread to showcase work, or get help with anything you want/need. Be sure to look around at the forums that you now have access to, and get a feel for things.
~Prof. Gardner

~Dexter
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

Dropping a note in this thread, I'd like to use the second file as a map2 filler. I'm going to assume that's all right with the creator and submit it into a claim. If there's some reason why you don't want it to be used, please contact me.

--Mass--