Map Conflict type issues

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Lintewathion
Developer

Map Conflict type issues

Post by Lintewathion »

im having problems with map1. its the same type of error youd expect from map collision, statics missing,land mysteriously drops off, it occurs on 2 sides, the south and east sides of the new area, ive unloaded all my mods, and started a fresh save, yet it did that anyways. itsthe deluxe version, any help would be appreciated.
Taking Break from TR for a while. ill still occasionally pop in and help out in showcase tho :P
angelus6
Reviewer

ff

Post by angelus6 »

chances are it's just the game engine messing up and just not handelling map 1 very well. i've had this a few times with many differant things. If not, then whats the Deluxe version? Bloodmoon and Tribunal included im guessing so that should make no differance...

only other thing is if you're running on odd graphics settings and you card cannot load cetain things propperly. (have had this while overclocking my ATI card). Got some pretty bad flyings verts and dissapearing lands etc..
On a concrete cross you fall
Both a martyr to your cause and mine

[url=http://angelus6.110mb.com/3dMaxGallery.html][img]http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/3307/newsig01zv0.jpg[/img][/url]
Lintewathion
Developer

Post by Lintewathion »

when i downloaded there was a deluxe version, which as far as i know only includes some extra music..but its annoying because the mass i DO have access to is half the size of mw and only slightly larger than solstheim
Taking Break from TR for a while. ill still occasionally pop in and help out in showcase tho :P
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Well, it's only Map 1. It's not The whole province. Map 1 is much bigger than Solstheim; about the same size as Vvardenfell if I'm not mistaken. But it is only the northeastern part of Mainland Morrowind.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

The south side dropoff is as far as map1 goes. The east side dropoff is just where the world map cuts off. There is still land over there, you just have to have faith and walk off the edge of the map, so to speak.
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
Lintewathion
Developer

Post by Lintewathion »

ill try walking east, but i DID experience a floating door near the land dropoff. its sitting there, however whatever housed it is missing. ill try a SS for ya :P
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Tyrion wrote:The south side dropoff is as far as map1 goes. The east side dropoff is just where the world map cuts off. There is still land over there, you just have to have faith and walk off the edge of the map, so to speak.
Ayup. And I'll tell you that most of the interesting thing is east of the map's edge.
[url=http://img87.imageshack.us/my.php?image=map1geography2rj8.jpg][img]http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/5784/map1geography2rj8.th.jpg[/img][/url]

The edge is at half of (28, *). You'll only see half of Sarvanni's exterior cell on the world map, for example.

Note that the local map works fine.