[Release] TR - Mainland Morrowind - Map 1 "Telvannis"

The news of the front page, global announcements, and any discussion of said announcements or news articles.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Haplo
Lead Developer

[Release] TR - Mainland Morrowind - Map 1 "Telvannis"

Post by Haplo »

After 4 long years of hard work, bitter tears, and ecstatic moments of joy, the TR team is immensely proud to bring you our first official public release of Map 1, "Telvannis". Map 1 is the first of 6 maps, all parts of our original attempt to recreate the mainland of Morrowind; that part of the province which was not included with the Elder Scrolls III.

To read more, visit this link:

[url=http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=191251]Link![/url]

Enjoy!

- Haplo
Last edited by Haplo on Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

*cheers*

Let's start par-tay-ing!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Alright! Part-eh! But remember kids, don't drink and drive!
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

Why would we need to drive? We LIVE at TR, we're already home, duh. :P Besides, virtual alcohol has absolutely 0 effect on ones BAC level. That's the only reason we drink so much!
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

champagne anyone?
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

oh, you ment virtual alcohol!

*lady N stumbles of to hide beer, wine, and other drink bottles*
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

My computer has this to say about map1:

[url=http://media.putfile.com/TRs-Map1]Peggi[/url]
Abramul

Post by Abramul »

Gah! Memories of trying to get textbooks to work with Kurzweil 3000! (If there had been support for dictionary-type characters, it would have been easy).

By the way, when I click "Reply with Quote" on Mass' post, it gives me a "Sorry, but only can reply to posts in this forum." message...
Tamriel is an impossible place, built on impossible precepts. It's, frankly, a magic ball of sentient schizophrenia. --MK
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

Abramul wrote:Gah! Memories of trying to get textbooks to work with Kurzweil 3000! (If there had been support for dictionary-type characters, it would have been easy).

By the way, when I click "Reply with Quote" on Mass' post, it gives me a "Sorry, but only can reply to posts in this forum." message...
Doesn't do that for me :P
Nanu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nanu »

Purple midget dance!!!
"You can remove spells from your list in Morrowind. I think it was shift-click, don't quote me on that though." - Cathartis
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mnbsqv]Forum Rules[/url]
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mj594z]Moratorium[/url]
| [url=http://tinyurl.com/6msxag]Writing for TR[/url]
Abramul

Post by Abramul »

Nanu Ra wrote:Purple midget dance!!!
[url=http://www.skaarj.com/trivium/archive.php?val=051011]Mehrunes Dragon shall destroy the midgets![/url]
Lutemoth
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lutemoth »

I propose a quaint celebratory toast is in order
[img]http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/1118/celebrateuo8.jpg[/img]
But I guess that's already been decided
HoonDing mongori tiavo; Lemansha temin diang hibat.
The Hoon Ding guides us; all others can Make Way.
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

[img]http://gez117.free.fr/smilies/yahoo.gif[/img]
-Eidolon-

Post by -Eidolon- »

Yay! This actually has me starting to play Morrowind again. Oddly enough, I think I like Morrowind better than Oblivion. The feel of it is different. So anyway, I was just playing for a short time to check it out, so Firewatch is the only thing I've seen really, but it looks great! I saw an Eyestar in the water on the way over, which was really cool. The funny thing is, I went in Iron-Grip weapons and what should I find on the bed but Bitter Heart, the book I submitted! What are the odds, hmm? I can't wait to play later and get into a real Telvanni town! Here's to TR!
Noirgrim
Developer Emeritus

Post by Noirgrim »

Does map1 have quests?
"Noirgrim, (who is accused of working too hard) is the worst kind of modder this project can get." -Ender
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Not yet. But some quests are already made, others will be done in the coming weeks. They'll be merged to the file once the bug reports from public beta testing dries off and the map is fixed.
Malenko

Post by Malenko »

Yeah, I haven't been here for ages and I finally downloaded all the stuff. Can't wait. I think this might get me back into MW too - whenever I get bored of OB and go back to MW I like it better, and vice versa.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Unfortunately, it doesn't work here. When I try to enter it in the Data Files it says it is an invalid file? Any help wóuld be welcome.
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Sounds like you have a corrupted download.
Try downloading it again.
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
fanfas
Developer

Post by fanfas »

I asked in th ESF but no one answered me so i ask here, is the bug with th riverstrider being fixed for the next release? I remeber it existing even in the releases that were made almost 2 years, i think that something needs to be done, because crashing the PC because of that error is not that fun.
MAP 3 -> Interiors
Map 3 -> Interior Fixing
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

It'll definitely be fixed for the next release, don't worry.
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

fanfas wrote:I asked in th ESF but no one answered me so i ask here, is the bug with th riverstrider being fixed for the next release? I remeber it existing even in the releases that were made almost 2 years, i think that something needs to be done, because crashing the PC because of that error is not that fun.
If you can fix it yourself, or send me a step-by-step detailed HOWTO for fixing it, then it'll be fixed...

I HAVE NO FRIGGIN IDEA WHAT ONE SHOULD DO TO FIX THAT BUG.

Animation's not my domain of expertise. I don't even think I have the tools to fix it anyway, because as far as I know there are no working Blender .kf export scripts.

All I know is that I can play perfectly fine with it as-is.

If the problem persists, here's what I propose -- on the next version of TR_Data.esm, before working on it, I swap around the names of Bloodmoon.esm and Tribunal.esm on my computer. As a result, on each startup, people will get Morrowind whining that "the version of masterfile Thingie required by a plugin is not the same as what you have, boohoohoo", and people will have to click on "Cancel" to put Morrowind in mode "STFU with your errors". That way, nobody will ever notice this stupid animation problem with river striders.
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

Apparently, it crashes some computers, though.

What I heard was that the error was due to the animation not being able to find the right sound file. Supposedly, creating new dummy sounds and putting them in the right folders will fix this.
-Ophelia Benson
fanfas
Developer

Post by fanfas »

Bad note string "Sound: riverStrider1" frame 16 in "TR\cr\TR_Riverstrider_NR.NIF".
Bad note string "Sound: riverStrider2" frame 239 in "TR\cr\TR_Riverstrider_NR.NIF".
Bad note string "Sound: riverStrider3" frame 439 in "TR\cr\TR_Riverstrider_NR.NIF".
That is what the error message is, and yes, it sucks having to reboot your PC because of this :( though sometimes a windows message box opens and i can continue playing, but most of the time the game crashes the PC or make a fatal exception and leaves the game.
Texture "Textures\Tx_rock_WG_01.tga" count 3.
Texture "Textures\_land_default.tga" count 3.
Texture "Textures\menu_thick_border_bottom_right_corner.dds" count 2.
This erros/warnings appeared near Gah Ouadorhun, but i don't really know were, or if they make any trouble at all. They are only in the warning file.
Lord_Indoril

Post by Lord_Indoril »

How do i get to the mainland from Vvardenfell? Do I coc somewhere, or is there a transport? Im still downloading right now, but let me say, good f'ing job! Im still working on my first scripts, interiors, and quests, so once im pretty good, im claiming somthing!
You're just jealous 'cause im an irish boy.
Andres Indoril
Senior Developer

Post by Andres Indoril »

You swim. Or you can coc to some city like Firewatch for example.
[url=http://andresindoril.blogspot.com/][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyleft.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.youtube.com/user/AndresIndoril][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyright.jpg[/img][/url]
"You guys are no fun, I'll start my own TR with dead children and toy guars!" -Why
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Lord_Indoril wrote:How do i get to the mainland from Vvardenfell? Do I coc somewhere, or is there a transport? Im still downloading right now, but let me say, good f'ing job! Im still working on my first scripts, interiors, and quests, so once im pretty good, im claiming somthing!
From Tel Mora to Firewatch, it's just three or four cells to cross.

Or you can try this plugin. It's not finished nor even playtested, but it makes (or at least, is supposed to make) smugglers appear at night in various places that offer you travel to Firewatch. (They're called "Shady Smugglers", a reference any modder should get, but they are not the A Shady Smuggler.)

Why smugglers? Well, Vvardenfell is quarantined.

Also, you can get travel from Firewatch to Dagon Fel, Tel Mora, Vos, and Sadrith Mora -- same places that the Shady Smugglers operate from.

The last feature (for now) is that if you tell mainland guards about the Dark Brotherhood attacks, they'll tell you to go see Senillos Tulnus in Firewatch rather than Apelles Martius in Ebonheart. Garath at the mages guild can transport you to Mournhold, and Effe-Tei can now also transport you to Firewatch.
Attachments
TR_Map1_Interconnexion.esp
(14.86 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

To fix Riverstrider bug you need to place its sounds into Data Files\Sounds dir. I cannot recall the exact names but you can look them up by finding old version of Creatures of Tamriel. It is not an animation problem.
[img]http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/3336/oblivionforum5tb.jpg[/img]

Your friendly slavedriver.
abot1

Post by abot1 »

fanfas wrote:I asked in th ESF but no one answered me so i ask here, is the bug with th riverstrider being fixed for the next release? I remeber it existing even in the releases that were made almost 2 years, i think that something needs to be done, because crashing the PC because of that error is not that fun.
Like Gez, I am not experiencing the problem, so I am not sure this can help, but give it a try.
Attachments
ab01TR_Map1_fix.zip
(1.1 MiB) Downloaded 108 times
Sezarus

Post by Sezarus »

Hello.
When I downloaded the file it was downloaded to be opened in Windows Media Player by deafult :S.
The file name was TR_Map1_Gamefilesbasic.
Is that right?
Should I download it to use a different default program?
Should I download it to a specific place in my computer?
Have I done anything wrong?
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

When you download something, make sure you have it selected to 'save as', and not 'open with'. If you know how to move folders around and know a bit about subdirectories, then download it to your Desktop.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Sezarus

Post by Sezarus »

Right... So I should download it to my folder containing my ESP files and Master files for Morrowind?
CleverClothe
Developer

Post by CleverClothe »

Here is what to do:

1) Download the file and save it to a location on your computer (remember this location).

2) Get a program that can read .RAR files if you don't already, like [url=http://www.rarlab.com/]WinRAR[/url].

3) Go to the location of the file you just downloaded and right click on it. Select the "Extract Here" or "WinRAR->Extract Here" option (which ever one you have in the menu).

4) You should get a folder named "TR_Map1_Gamefiles". Inside this will probably be another "TR_Map1_Gamefiles" folder. Inside that should be TR_Map1.esp, TR_Data.esm, TR_Data.bsa and a readme.

5) Copy the first three files to your "Data Files" folder in Morrowind.

6) Then follow the installation directions in the readme as well.
Sezarus

Post by Sezarus »

Thank you very much :)
DaSeitz

Post by DaSeitz »

So many projects dissapeared, so many gave up. But you continue! Thank you so much.

-----
Greetings from Germany
Scipii

Why Doesn't it work

Post by Scipii »

it doesn't work on mine, it says something about the acrobat fish not having any animations.
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Acrobat fish?

I don't see any acrobat fish in our mod. Do you have Abot's Waterlife or Piratelord's Creatures?
baevermannen

Post by baevermannen »

Why cant almost every1 but me play the mod??
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

You have to download the files that are linked. You also need the Tribunal and Bloodmoon expansions.

First, get TR_Data.esm, and put it into C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind\Data Files\.

Next, move the TR_Data.bsa file to the same folder C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind\Data Files.

Then you extract the BookArt and Sound folders into the same folder. C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind\Data Files. Make sure you say yes to replacing both folders.

Then you register the TR_Data.bsa file in Morrowind.ini which is in the folder C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind\. You can do it manually, or by opening the BSAReg.exe file. I suggest just using BSAReg. It's packaged in TR_Data.rar.

Then put the TR_Map1.esm file in your C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind\Data Files folder.

Go to C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind\ and run the MorrowindLauncher.exe file. Click Data Files, and check the TR_Data.esm and TR_Map1.esm files.

Launch the game, and have fun. Hope this helps :)
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
baevermannen

Post by baevermannen »

I still have the problem mentioned in my Topic Raaaaaah!!!! stupid meshes or something like that