Use of Morrowind TR Resources

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Piratelord

Use of Morrowind TR Resources

Post by Piratelord »

Didn't know where to go, so where better then head off to the local Tavern and grab a beer and flirt with the barmaid?

I would like to know if I could use the following resources for my Creatures ( V8 ) mod for Morrowind?

Cephalod
Daedric Bat
Parastylus
Molecrab
Vermai
Swamp Troll

I may need to do a bit of texture adjustment just for my own tastes.

I've only chosen the above since they are the ones that fit the feel and my ideas for the, and it doesn't relate to me thinking the others are terrible. They are all excellent models!

Many thanks

Piratelord
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

The problem is that original creator, vorrheis, is no long part of our team and cannot be contacted by any known means. We are still deciding what to do with copyright issues currently so you're better off just adding dependency on TR_Data.esm and removing it when (if) everything is solved.
[img]http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/3336/oblivionforum5tb.jpg[/img]

Your friendly slavedriver.
abot1

Post by abot1 »

I have more or less the same question, with the difference that I do not plan retexturing/dependences on .esm, just dependence on the TR_Data.bsa installed.
I am interested in
- giant cephalopod
- eyestar
- molecrab
- muck leech
- sea crab
- sea troll
El Scumbago
Developer Emeritus

Post by El Scumbago »

We certainly want to permit usage to modders, but before that we have to solve every possible and impossible problem concerning the rights of older members, who made models and then gone and left no trace. The matter is under discussion as I post this.
Piratelord

Post by Piratelord »

El Scumbago wrote:We certainly want to permit usage to modders, but before that we have to solve every possible and impossible problem concerning the rights of older members, who made models and then gone and left no trace. The matter is under discussion as I post this.
Any further news on being able to use those resources?

As to the retexture, it's just the Celphapod. I found it was designed to use the helm texture, but then there must have been a change of plan. I'd just want to adjust it to re-use the helm texture.

Cheers, abot and me are eagerly awaiting the outcome, good or bad.
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

If you have a better texture to propose, go on and PM it to me. I don't know if you'll be forced to add a dependency on TR_Data or not (I intend to offer TR_Data as an independant resources so that people could use dependent mods without having to download the maps too).

But if you can make a critter look better, then I can update the esm and bsa. :)
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

I think he means that he want to use the helm's texture that came with Morrowind. I myself only see the texture on the tentacles, the body is just pinkish, looks as though it's missing the texture.
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Post by Stalker »

Originally the head also had helm texture but for some wicked reason we got this pinky in the end.
[img]http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/3336/oblivionforum5tb.jpg[/img]

Your friendly slavedriver.
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

I figure there are no reason not to post this in that thread:
Haplo wrote:Everything except
-Sky Render
-Molecrab
-Vermai
-Cephalopod
-Riverstrider

from TR_Data.bsa is now available for you to use so long as you give credit to TR or the specific modeller when known. We wish to keep the Sky Render unique to TR, however, so please refrain from using it in any mod you plan on releasing!
From the second release thread on the ESF.

Now, if I read this right, it means you can use molecrab, vermai, cephalopod, and riverstrider, as long as you add a dependency to TR_data.esm (and its associated .bsa file); you cannot use the sky render even with that dependency, and you can use all other critters with or without that dependency added to your mod...
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Wait, is that just for critters, or literally everything except those five? And is there any list of who made what model?
Piratelord

Post by Piratelord »

Gez wrote:I figure there are no reason not to post this in that thread:
Haplo wrote:Everything except
-Sky Render
-Molecrab
-Vermai
-Cephalopod
-Riverstrider

from TR_Data.bsa is now available for you to use so long as you give credit to TR or the specific modeller when known. We wish to keep the Sky Render unique to TR, however, so please refrain from using it in any mod you plan on releasing!
From the second release thread on the ESF.

Now, if I read this right, it means you can use molecrab, vermai, cephalopod, and riverstrider, as long as you add a dependency to TR_data.esm (and its associated .bsa file); you cannot use the sky render even with that dependency, and you can use all other critters with or without that dependency added to your mod...
What's a Sky Render? Never noticed that under Creatures tab.

So to confirm:
Sky Render - not available full stop.
Mole Crab, Vermai, Cephalopod and River Strider must be dependent on TR
Everything else is fine to use?

If so, that leaves me Daedric Bat (unless that's the Sky Render) and Parastylus out of my original list that don't need to be dependant.

Better then nothing (one confirmed), many thanks! Here's hoping that eventually the others don't need to be dependant.
Macar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Macar »

I think that sky renders are actualy statics- but this is what they look like:

http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/?picture=Dres%20sky%20render.jpg&p=screenshots&gallery=22
Piratelord

Post by Piratelord »

Ah, them. They are a creature.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I have seen those in my TES CS animated and everything.
Morden
Developer Emeritus

Post by Morden »

You can find one in Port Telvannis with the Dres party who are buying/selling slaves.
Jinix the Elder

Post by Jinix the Elder »

El Scumbago wrote:We certainly want to permit usage to modders, but before that we have to solve every possible and impossible problem concerning the rights of older members, who made models and then gone and left no trace. The matter is under discussion as I post this.
Regarding older members contributions after they have left and cannot be contacted via their email address after 60 days:
I say thet there should be an agreement with EVERY modder for TR That ALL work becomes the communal property of the general TR group after they dropout.
Otherwise the project could stagnate waiting for a decision that no one is willing to make for fear of a copyright issue.
As long as they know this and appropiate mention is made in credits how can it ever work any other way?
Older members who just drop out without notice cannot expect anything else.
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Scummy's message is outdated. Assets are now owned by the project at large (though not individual members of it) and the person who made them, and either party can do with them as they see fit.
Piratelord

Post by Piratelord »

Oh, just realised, I can use the Daedric Bat too. Whey!

Since Sload you've mentioned that, Jinix the Elder's idea sounds good.
I also fully accept Haplo's request about what can/cannot be used.