NIFScope

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Rastus01

NIFScope

Post by Rastus01 »

I can't get a texture to work with NIFScope. Could somebody Help me out?
Saibot
Developer

Post by Saibot »

It would help if you describe what your doing that isn't working. That way it would be easier to help you make it work.
Rastus01

Post by Rastus01 »

I have been using the glass longsword as a base and I have just changed the colour using adobe photoshop but it does not go on correctly does anyone know how to fix it.
Saibot
Developer

Post by Saibot »

What do you mean by "does not go on correctly"? Do you mean that is shows up but is misalligned, or that it just doesn't work? I would think it just woudn't show up, but if it does but wrong then I have no idea why.
Rastus01

Post by Rastus01 »

Okay then.
angelus6
Reviewer

Post by angelus6 »

right, the texture prefix for textures in Nifskope is

\textures\URE-FOLDER-HERE\URE-TEXTURE

if ure doing textures and models from scratch and the texture is mis-aligned, it's becaue u need to set each part in an UnWrap UVW map, (this can be done in 3dMax) and then draw ure texture over this map template.

also, if u use .dds texture files. the size needs to be a multiple of 4. eg. 256x256, 512x512 etc.

other than that, have you created a new normal map?this can prevent things from showing up properly in game if there is no normal (_n) map.

PM me and i can show you how it's done if u need it.
On a concrete cross you fall
Both a martyr to your cause and mine

[url=http://angelus6.110mb.com/3dMaxGallery.html][img]http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/3307/newsig01zv0.jpg[/img][/url]