Rastus01's Showcase

In order to implement content in-game, you must be a Developer. This is the place for you to introduce yourself, and apply to become a TR Developer.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Rastus01

Rastus01's Showcase

Post by Rastus01 »

I have Put in the base design read below. The cell is called
"TR_Arget Tavern".
Attachments
Clean_TR_Tavern.esp
(3.67 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
Last edited by Rastus01 on Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
Noirgrim
Developer Emeritus

Post by Noirgrim »

TES3 or TES4?
"Noirgrim, (who is accused of working too hard) is the worst kind of modder this project can get." -Ender
Rastus01

Post by Rastus01 »

TES 3
NEENJA
Developer

Post by NEENJA »

Hey, Rastus. I checked out your mod. Unfortunately, I'm not anyone important here, so I guess I don't really matter. :( Oh well. I'll tell you what ran through my head playing this mod. As far as I can tell, nice clutter. The whole "screen maze" in the bedroom kind of put me off. Maybe adding a little booze would be good. And an NPC. And linking to outside. Nice start though.

--the NEENJA
"Beware, woman! Go away from here--go away, now, or it will be the worse for you. I am an unprotected male, but I will preserve my honor at the peril of my life!"

~Mark Twain
PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

NEENJA wrote:Hey, Rastus. I checked out your mod. Unfortunately, I'm not anyone important here, so I guess I don't really matter. :( Oh well. I'll tell you what ran through my head playing this mod. As far as I can tell, nice clutter. The whole "screen maze" in the bedroom kind of put me off. Maybe adding a little booze would be good. And an NPC. And linking to outside. Nice start though.

--the NEENJA
Anyone can give feedback. Just because you aren't a modder doesn't NECESSARILY mean you have no valuable input to share. However, as far as interiors go, its not important to place NPCs or link it to the exterior, for Rastus may have intended to focus purely on interior modding, which is perfectly fine.

Will edit in my comments shortly, Rastus. :D

+ Gridsnap and Angle Snap appear to be in order. Lighting is close, but could use a little more work, I think
+ Bleeding floating appears to be minimal (wallscreens bleed into the floor, and the sujamamma in the top of the winerack is rather noticeable too)

- Only two rooms? wait... only one BIG room that's separated by wallscreens? I can see having an issue with wanting to stay here...
- Storage room looks rather big to me, and the containers start to get repetitive (this corner has boxes, this corner has urns, this corner has baskets, this wall has sacks, etc.) Some of the rotations on the containers are a bit less than imaginative too.
- While the "bar behind the bar" is certainly a novel idea, the way it cuts off the other bar's wood engraving is a bit too noticable for me
- The chest for the gold isn't locked
- The tables seem slightly empty to me. They each have a bottle of liquor, two cups, and two napkins... does this tavern not also sell food? (in other words, where are the plates/silverware/food items?)
- tapestries/windows would be a nice touch

? I'm uncertain as to which building this would fit in (as far as shape goes) or if you simply constructed it with no exterior in mind. If you did have one in mind, could you point out the Object ID? If not, then I don't see it being that important at this point, but rather something to keep in mind...
Last edited by PoHa! on Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

Okie dokie, let's see here.

It's a pretty sweet tavern, very well done. I just have a few suggestions.

-There's too much storage for a tavern of this size, the storage room should really only be maybe 4 tiles big, max or you could fill up 2 tiles but as it is, there's just too much. Also you need to use a little more variation. You use the same crates and sacks a lot.

-Tapestries on the walls would be nice and a rug or two in the bedroom.

-The door to the bedroom should be locked.

-Your furn_de_r_wallscreen_01 are all sinking badly into the floor, just pop them up.

Otherwise very nice, an upper class tavern with booze and beds for the night. I like what you've done with the counter too. Fix up those errors and then it'd be nice to see one more int, maybe in a different tileset since this one was rather small for a showcase int.
Andres Indoril
Senior Developer

Post by Andres Indoril »

Well... I'm still a little sleepy, but you politly asked me to review this so:

-de_r_closet_01 is floating a little.
-What are furn_de_tapestry_M_01's doing here? This isn't some sort of Mephala worshiping tavern, is it?

But I think it generally looked good.
[url=http://andresindoril.blogspot.com/][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyleft.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.youtube.com/user/AndresIndoril][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyright.jpg[/img][/url]
"You guys are no fun, I'll start my own TR with dead children and toy guars!" -Why
Rastus01

Post by Rastus01 »

I have now updated my showcase.
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

No need to spam my PM box with countless review demands. I don't have, right now, the time to review showcases. Actually, I'm already very, very late in my actual reviewing schedule, (Sorry Lady N), and I've dialogues to do, meshes to fix, and animation sounds to correct before.

Then, once it's done, I'll finish one review I have to complete that has been put on hold, and do three more that are on my list.

And then, maybe, I'll have time for showcases.
Rastus01

Post by Rastus01 »

Sorry Gez.
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

Just wait, I'll get to it soon, I promise.
Rastus01

Post by Rastus01 »

bump
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

I can't believe you have waited this long and no one has reviewed your showcase. I'll try and review it tonight for you :)

EDIT: Here goes:

The cell was a little hard to find. It's just that in reviewing, we tend to look for everything to start with the letters "TR" so we know where to look quickly enough.

- The building shape is quite original, and doesn't match any known exterior. :lol: Not a real problem though.
- "In_MH_door_01" should always have its size increased to 1.01. It is just that the door is a little smaller than the frame so you can see tiny little gaps around it
- misc_de_foldedcloth00 bleeds into misc_de_foldedcloth00 on all tables
- Both of Furn_de_rug_big_01 float
- Both furn_de_r_table_08 bleed into the above
- The items on the tables are repetitive (two goblets, one booze, one candle, and two folded cloths)
- The booze in the winerack is placed far too orderly. You should scatter it around. Also, some of these bleed pretty badly into the winerack
- In the storage room, you have blocked off two tiles. It is fine to do that (since the MH tileset is that limited), but you need to put in_lava_blacksquare above it to prevent the PC knowing it exists by looking at the mini-map. In this individual case, you could just delete them
- The sacks need to bleed into whatever is under them ever so slightly. With the way the meshes are made, they look like they are floating in game otherwise
- I'm not sure there should be a weapon in a room to rent...
- de_r_chest_01_gold1 isn't locked
- chest_small_02_rndgold isn't locked
- light_de_candle_03 floats
- active_de_r_bed_17 faces the wall; all beds should have the head to the wall instead of the foot
matts05
Reviewer

Post by matts05 »

A couple more things in addition to what Nomadic said:

First, you need to make it illegal to sleep here.
Second, it'd probably be best to use tapestries other than "Furn_De_Tapestry_M_01", as they are kind of unique. The only other references to those in the original game is in the Arena Hidden Area for the Morag Tong.
Ron Paul - Hope for America!

[url]http://www.ronpaul2008.com[/url]
Rastus01

Post by Rastus01 »

I am now making a new Tavern and I have an Exterior piece for it.

I have an entrance room but I don't know what to put in it could I have some suggestions, just download the mod if you want to know what i am talking about.
Nanu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nanu »

Tables, food, drinks. Tavern stuff.

Be creative, if we had to hand out ideas to each of TR's faithful modders, we'd cease to exist as a project.

I'm sure you'll be able to think of something. :P
"You can remove spells from your list in Morrowind. I think it was shift-click, don't quote me on that though." - Cathartis
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mnbsqv]Forum Rules[/url]
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mj594z]Moratorium[/url]
| [url=http://tinyurl.com/6msxag]Writing for TR[/url]
Rastus01

Post by Rastus01 »

Okay then.