Stupid Clannfears

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

NEENJA
Developer

Stupid Clannfears

Post by NEENJA »

Hey, is anyone else pissed off about Clannfears in Oblivion? I sure am. I just find it annoying that Bethesda rates Clannfears at level 11 when they have nearly as good of a combat skill as a nether lich, more attack damage than an ogre, and I can hardly block any of their attacks with a near level 14 character with journeyman block technique. It just seems to me that on the scale provided about what monsters are what level and how manageable they are in combat, Clannfears are way off that scale. It really decreases the quality of the game for me once I reach level 11 and it becomes insanely more difficult to close Oblivion gates, which I enjoy.

Now, I don't want to sound like I'm whining, and I apologize in advance if it sounds like it. I just wanted to rant about this someplace, so...yeah. What are your thoughts?

--the NEENJA
"Beware, woman! Go away from here--go away, now, or it will be the worse for you. I am an unprotected male, but I will preserve my honor at the peril of my life!"

~Mark Twain
-Saddistic_Angel-

Post by -Saddistic_Angel- »

Yeah, they're annoying. But absolutely nothing compares to the Cliff Racers in Morrowind. Like, nothing.
Ignore the extra d, please.
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

Except cliffracers were "AGHHHH SHUT THE FUCK UP GO AWAY" annoying, while clannfears are "AGHHHH WHO'S THE ASSHOLE THAT LEVELED THIS" annoying - so yeah, they definitely can't compare. :P
"Crashing the game is an innovative way of alerting the player that they've finished the quest, but I'm not sure that's the kind of innovation we're looking for." - Sload
Sniper4
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sniper4 »

I'm just glad that Bethesda included them instead of calling them "demons" or something like that :P.
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

HAH, seconded. I'm really missin' those Herne.
"Crashing the game is an innovative way of alerting the player that they've finished the quest, but I'm not sure that's the kind of innovation we're looking for." - Sload
-Saddistic_Angel-

I think they should make a like, really rare, hard to find giant monster teddy called 'KAPOWZOERZOMFGZLOLOL!!!11'. That'd really be something.
angelus6
Reviewer

Post by angelus6 »

well, ive been working on getting a Winnie The Pooh mesh in game. but by working i mean half making the mesh then forgetting about it ;)
On a concrete cross you fall
Both a martyr to your cause and mine

[url=http://angelus6.110mb.com/3dMaxGallery.html][img]http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/3307/newsig01zv0.jpg[/img][/url]
Stalker
Developer Emeritus

Re: Stupid Clannfears

Post by Stalker »

NEENJA wrote:It really decreases the quality of the game for me
[img]http://e.deviantart.com/emoticons/j/jawdrop.gif[/img]
[img]http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/3336/oblivionforum5tb.jpg[/img]

Your friendly slavedriver.
lb003g0676
Developer

Post by lb003g0676 »

-Saddistic_Angel- wrote:I think they should make a like, really rare, hard to find giant monster teddy called 'KAPOWZOERZOMFGZLOLOL!!!11'. That'd really be something.
I don't
"Only perfection is acceptable. I expect something beyond the acceptable." - Sload

"Orix bows down to £'s leet spelling skills" - Oriks
Andres Indoril
Senior Developer

Post by Andres Indoril »

lb003g0676 wrote:
-Saddistic_Angel- wrote:I think they should make a like, really rare, hard to find giant monster teddy called 'KAPOWZOERZOMFGZLOLOL!!!11'. That'd really be something.
I don't
It would be something.
Something stupid.
[url=http://andresindoril.blogspot.com/][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyleft.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.youtube.com/user/AndresIndoril][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyright.jpg[/img][/url]
"You guys are no fun, I'll start my own TR with dead children and toy guars!" -Why
-Saddistic_Angel-

Stupid, but, if you look at it in a certain kind of perspective, it'd be interesting enough. Incorporating it into a mod wouldn't be a good idea, though.
Maveric

Post by Maveric »

Would be rather fun to pierce him with some arrow, wouldn't it :twisted:

But back to Clannfears: I do not find them annoying, and I'm just lvl 12. One well aimed shot, and they go down.
NEENJA
Developer

Post by NEENJA »

But back to Clannfears: I do not find them annoying, and I'm just lvl 12. One well aimed shot, and they go down.
Pretty impressive. I was more annoyed at the fact that Clannfears can make my character stumble around after almost each attack. But that's probably the lack of agility factoring in. :D

--the NEENJA
"Beware, woman! Go away from here--go away, now, or it will be the worse for you. I am an unprotected male, but I will preserve my honor at the peril of my life!"

~Mark Twain
lb003g0676
Developer

Post by lb003g0676 »

-Saddistic_Angel- wrote:Stupid, but, if you look at it in a certain kind of perspective, it'd be interesting enough. Incorporating it into a mod wouldn't be a good idea, though.
No you said a bear called something stupid. Now Angelus did have something funny planned, Winnie the Poo, yours just sounded ludicrous to be honest :P.

BTW angelus, if you could get Eeyore as a rideable horse you would become legendary.... at least in my eyes.
"Only perfection is acceptable. I expect something beyond the acceptable." - Sload

"Orix bows down to £'s leet spelling skills" - Oriks
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Wow, if you manage to make a Winnie the Pooh riding Eeyore as a mount I'd consider buying Oblivion right away just to see it. :lol:
El Scumbago
Developer Emeritus

Post by El Scumbago »

Nah, stick with Morrowind, it's got the Better Bodies mod and a load of celebrity face textures. Kill'em and drool.

YOU HEAR THAT SPAMBOTS? WE AIN'T NEED YOUR LINKS!
P.S. I bet $20 to 1 that a bot will 'read' the word celebrity and post a link to pr0n sites.
-Saddistic_Angel-

No, I didn't say a bear called something stupid. I said it was a stupid idea, but interesting at the same time. Quite a contrast of words, I understand that, but when I mentioned it as stupid, I was implying that it was completely irrelevant to anything, and therefore had no place in Morrowind, which in my view, would make it stupid. The reason I called it interesting was because if anyone were to actually make it and put it on a mod site (the chances would be like, a million to one), it would be interesting to look at the mesh and textures, and see how the author of the mod created it.
skittles

Post by skittles »

i was sooooooo fed up with cliff racers in morrowind i made a mod deleting all of them! the model, their placements, everything yeh!!!

it made me so happy. 'll probably do the same with clannfears eventually.
confetti! **#@%*^%$@#^*
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Cliffracers never bothered me, unless you count that time that a MOD added twice as many cliffracers as there were in the original game, the new ones each having a magical spell that made my starting-out PC's hair fall out. :words: It's Slaughterfish that got me annoyed, every time I went for a virtual swim I got a horde of them that any James Bond villain would be proud to call his own. I remember one time that I tried to make my way to an island near Seyda Neen. I swam with all my might but got ripped up when I neared the shore. About ten slaughter fish, big and small, had formed a ring around my character's corpse. :(
-Saddistic_Angel-

o.O Oh Jebus. That'd really suck.
Deleting ClannFears would make Oblivion a little bit empty.
Rastus01

Clannfears

Post by Rastus01 »

Did you ever think of going into the CT and Making them appear at a higher Level.