Which is the most powerful great house in MW?

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Poll ended at Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:17 am

Hlaalu
25%
Redoran
5%
Telvanni
45%
Indoril
25%
Dres
No votes

Total votes: 20

red_dragon2006

Post by red_dragon2006 »

Who do you think's the most powerful reat house in morrowind? reckon it's Great House Indoril, they're quite big and the tribunal temple's on their side.
Nalin
Developer

Post by Nalin »

Indoril is weak from the mass suicides of lots of it's more devoted members though. I'd like Great House Redoran to be the most "powerful" and perhaps it is in terms of military prowess but with their Imperial ties perhaps Hlaalu is the most powerful?
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

With the fall of Indoril (by and large), there is no great house more dominant than the others IMO. Redoran is definately the weakest of the other four at the moment, although in events soon to pass Hlaalu will gain that position. Top spot would be between the Dres and Telvanni. And that is where BS probably wants it too - nobody really knows what to expect from either so anything can happen.

IMO a new great house will probably appear in the fourth age, throwing the balance of power completely out of its present balance.
El Scumbago
Developer Emeritus

Post by El Scumbago »

It depends on what the player will choose in TR's mainquest.
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

TIL lore.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
lb003g0676
Developer

Post by lb003g0676 »

This is basically another vs thread, and I'm just being moody about it becuase it's po/ntless and i don't have a clue!
"Only perfection is acceptable. I expect something beyond the acceptable." - Sload

"Orix bows down to £'s leet spelling skills" - Oriks
Harke the Apostle
Developer

Post by Harke the Apostle »

I voted Telvanni, they certainly have the moral high ground.
red_dragon2006

Post by red_dragon2006 »

Telvanni are quite good, they have their mage lords. But I think Hlaalu is better than Telvanni because they've got the empire, which is a big help.
Harke the Apostle
Developer

red_dragon2006 wrote:Telvanni are quite good, they have their mage lords. But I think Hlaalu is better than Telvanni because they've got the empire, which is a big help.
That, and their guar skins and bawdy plays.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Hlallu, Dres, and Telvanni are the strongest 3. Hlallu because of their ties to the empire, and alliance with Dres. Dres because of their alliance with house Hlallu, and Telvanni because I remember overhearing in some conversation in oblivion that they were holding off the daedra (something no one else seems to know how to do)

Redoran and Indoril are basicly dead. Redoran was besieged by nordic raiders even before the gates opened, but with the daedra on top of everything else, including the destruction of Ald Ruhn (another thing I think I remember overhearing) they are basicly dead. Indoril, with the Deaths of Sotha Sil and Almalexia, and the disappearence of Vivec (I remember hearing this somewhere too) is ruined. As Nalin mentioned there were mass suicides of the most devout indoril, which doesn't leave them in a good place.

For these reasons I picked Telvanni. They may not have the ties that Dres and Hlallu have, but they sure have he power
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
red_dragon2006

Post by red_dragon2006 »

Harke the Apostle wrote:That, and their guar skins and bawdy plays.
What's that supposed to mean?
Silverwood
Developer

Post by Silverwood »

I'd say telvanni. From OB rumors you know redoran is wiped out, talvanni is fighting them off well, and I dont recal anytihng else about the houses...
Dessert Graveyard
Harke the Apostle
Developer

red_dragon2006 wrote:
Never joined house Hlaalu in Morrowind?
red_dragon2006

Post by red_dragon2006 »

Harke the Apostle wrote:
red_dragon2006 wrote:
Never joined house Hlaalu in Morrowind?
Yeah it's just the 'bawdy plays' I don't get, I got to head of Hlaalu
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

The lusty Argonian Maid, by Crassius Curio
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

What? what? what? Ald'ruhn was destroyed? by what? the Oblivion Crisis? Well that just plain sucks. If Ald'ruhn fell then I guess it's safe to assume that all the major cities of Vvardenfell were ruined. So in the end, the whole Nerevarine thing screwed the entire province up. Morrowind's only immortal defenders were murdered, one or possibly two by Nerevarine. The Nerevarine vanished in Akavir. The destruction of the Heart of Lorkhan upset the balance of existence. Well there's a twist players weren't expecting. Now that Indoril is in decline. I'd say the Telvanni are up for majority control.
CleverClothe
Developer

Post by CleverClothe »

Telvanni may have some powerful individuals, but they are still small in size and shorter on political power.

Of course, in a Daedra invasion that doesn't matter as much. :)
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

These things are all rumours spoken by NPCs in Cyrodiil, I don't believe them. I'm sure the Nerevarine (that's me) wouldn't leave his new home in Vvardenfell.
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Telvanni's definitely the big dog in the play pen in my opinion
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
red_dragon2006

Post by red_dragon2006 »

I've never played Oblivion, so I don't know anything about what the Houses are like there, and this post is about Morrowind not Oblivion.
Silverwood
Developer

Post by Silverwood »

There are no houses in Cyrodyll, if that's what you meant.
Dessert Graveyard
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Oops, I went ahead and voted from the Morrowind point of view. In that case I think Hlaalu is pretty clearly on top. However, in Oblivion the Legion has been, for the most part, recalled to the Imperial Province and the Hlaalu is left as open as any other house. It is certainly a good house, but not the best. Dres I don't know about, I've heard nothing about them since the time in which Morrowind takes place, so I'll just assume that they're doing pretty much as they were before, or worse. As I've heard nothing about them being damaged, I doubt that anything very bad has happened to them. I'll go with the majority and say Telvanni is on top, as they are handling the MD's invasion the best, but that still seems pretty amazing considering that I heard that it is Oblivion lore that all the Vvardenfell councilors were wiped out at the end of Morrowind. Hats of to them. :) In general I'm thinking 1. Telvanni, tied for 2 Dres and Hlaalu, and last Indoril and Redoran.
skittles

Post by skittles »

i voted telvanni. telvanni like owns morrowind on the east coast. *<:)
confetti! **#@%*^%$@#^*
Scipii

Post by Scipii »

Why don't we keep this on Morrowind terms who's the best there in Morrowind. the mod for all these great houses is only for TES3 is it not.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

this thread has been dead for 20 days, please look at the dates before posting

Haplo - Aye, Thread Necromancy is a terrible thing
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo