The What Avatar Did Sload Have When You Joined Thread

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Sload
Developer Emeritus

The What Avatar Did Sload Have When You Joined Thread

Post by Sload »

More psychological. More in depth.

Unfortunately for everyone who joined before February 6th, 2005, this thread has no meaning as they lived in a world without Sload. It was cold.. and dark.. and probably happier.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
CleverClothe
Developer

Post by CleverClothe »

That was before the forums had heat.

But when I rejoined I think it was one of the Wierd Als. Hmmm

[Edit: corrected]
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

I was here before that young whippersnapper Sload Lord showed up. :]

So instead, I'll say that my favourite avatar he had was Weird Al.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
sirwootalot123
Developer

Post by sirwootalot123 »

I, like nomadic, am sload's senior as far as tenure - so my favourite avatar of his is hands-down bob ross. he is so fucking awesome.
"Crashing the game is an innovative way of alerting the player that they've finished the quest, but I'm not sure that's the kind of innovation we're looking for." - Sload
NEENJA
Developer

Post by NEENJA »

As previously mentioned, I am not Sload's senior, and it was the Sloadinium phase that I joined. (It was pretty darn annoying when everybody had the same avatar.)

--the NEENJA
"Beware, woman! Go away from here--go away, now, or it will be the worse for you. I am an unprotected male, but I will preserve my honor at the peril of my life!"

~Mark Twain
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

i rember what avatar yinnie and veet had when i joined! as in im way older then you :P

for some reason i favor the sload avatar, cause it is a sload.
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

I don't remember any sload when I joined. There was, however, an Omicron, which some people sometimes called "Sload" for some weird reason. I think the avatar was some sort of eye.

That Omicron was some sort of jerk. I remember he made people cry. I suppose he must have PMed them with pictures of kicked puppies.
Gnomey
Lead Developer

Post by Gnomey »

Oh, there's a specific thread for this. Well, I already said "the Walrus from Walrus and the Carpenter" as the avatar when I joined, so I'll just add that Bob Ross was my favourite. :D
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

The question is, what avatar did Nemon use when Sload joined?
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Lady Nerevar wrote:i rember what avatar yinnie and veet had when i joined! as in im way older then you :P

for some reason i favor the sload avatar, cause it is a sload.
I remember Sniper4's, Morden's, etc too. :P I don't think Assassinace had one though.

It is kinda amazing how the membership changes over the years.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
lb003g0676
Developer

Post by lb003g0676 »

Gnomey wrote:Oh, there's a specific thread for this. Well, I already said "the Walrus from Walrus and the Carpenter" as the avatar when I joined, so I'll just add that Bob Ross was my favourite. :D
That is not true though. I joined before you, and I may have seent the tail end of Fozzy the Bear, so you could have defintely not seen the walrus from "Walrus and the Carpenter"

Sload sometime soon you need to start another avatar craze.

My one is getting boring.

EDIT:As Sload brought to my attention in an MSN conversation, I AM indeed completely wrong.
Last edited by lb003g0676 on Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Only perfection is acceptable. I expect something beyond the acceptable." - Sload

"Orix bows down to £'s leet spelling skills" - Oriks
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

Puond is completely wrong.
Morgoth
Developer Emeritus
Location: That big place next to the smaller place with the tree.

Post by Morgoth »

Way back in August of 2005, ("Back in the day", as it is now refered to.) when Morgoth was a wee little lad, and we had to click up-hill both ways to reach the forums, I was first greeted by a squirming little man, in a straight-jacket. Not only was this a forshadowing of the sort of life that TR would eventually bring me to, but it was also the second person to reply to my then-pathetic art thread.

(Lady N, of course, holds the honors of being the first, and thus everything I've done here can be blamed on her poor example.)

Anyway, I remember this struggling avatar as if it were yesterday. (As we old-timers say about once every paragraph.) That was my first encounter with the Sload-kind.
Founder of the Realms of Renth. Please give us a visit!

[img]http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/4640/sigbannerap7.jpg[/img]

www.realmsofrenth.com
ENIGMA*
Developer

Re: The What Avatar Did Sload Have When You Joined Thread

Post by ENIGMA* »

Sload wrote:More psychological. More in depth.

Unfortunately for everyone who joined before February 6th, 2005, this thread has no meaning as they lived in a world without Sload. It was cold.. and dark.. and probably happier.
agreed. j/k

meh when i joind... Hermit was still here, Stalker was a walking Dwemer Steam Centurion and much other people made TR interesting. Sload, in Sload Avatar, was just one of those people you avoided then... he still is, mostly.
[url=http://gothrak.deviantart.com/]Deviant I[/url]

[url=http://thedarkbrotherhood.com][img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a44/Mr_Sorry/Banners/TDB_Banner.jpg[/img][/url]
Devon8999

Post by Devon8999 »

I joined before you :p
Majra wrote:to decide who is the coolest guy in the core, we shall have a fight off

Last man standing is crowned coolest of the cool
START BITCHES!

*gets in car drives to Baltimore to fight dexter*
This'll be interesting....
El Scumbago
Developer Emeritus

Post by El Scumbago »

WTF?!! Time for a new uber psychological/depthy-to-bottomless thread: How does Sload attract people; mass paranoia in the 21st century.

In a thread near you.
-Saddistic_Angel-

Post by -Saddistic_Angel- »

xD. Release date?
When I joined, I think Sload had Wierd Al up. At least I think it was. It was black and white and a guy with curly black hair. Yeah, Weird Al.
Ignore the extra d, please.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

you mean the avatar he has now? Thats Abbie Hoffman!

look here [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abbie_Hoffman[/url] you'll even see the uncropped avatar
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

That's the only one that fits that description, but I didn't have it in late june. I probably had John Lennon.
-Saddistic_Angel-

Post by -Saddistic_Angel- »

Yeah, it was Weird Al.
It might not have been his avatar when I joined at first, but it was the one I remembered the most around that period.
It looked somewhat like this, but greyscale.
[img]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q286/LIKEOMFGWTFZERZ/WeirdAl.jpg[/img]
Ignore the extra d, please.