Shivering Isles -Oblivion Expansion

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

*prepares for an epic 70 block bikeride to get SI*
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Orix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Orix »

Bah... I'll have to wait to get this, cant really be playing games when I should be working.

I cannot wait to finish my course! Knights of the Nine, Shivering Isles, several Wii games and STALKER - Shadow of Chernobyl all await my attention :P.
P.S. Please don't make handbags, wallets, belts or shoes out of Orix [img]http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/3826/orixmj4.png[/img]
Eraser
Developer Emeritus

Post by Eraser »

Stalker gets about the same performance as oblivion on my PC. The impression I get of it is TES but as a FPS...I imagine fallout 3 will look and feel similar. Some might say thats a bad thing, but so far, I'm liking it. If only it had coopertive multiplayer.

SI is apparently available, I'm checking the stores on my way home tonight. I wonder what new functions we'll be able to play with in the CS besides the new spells. I'm hoping worldspace specific music. Give SI insanity inducing music, hammerfell desert music and cyrodiil oblivion's typical harmoneous melodies.
"There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact, it's all dark."
El Scumbago
Developer Emeritus

Post by El Scumbago »

Dunno, I've lost interest in most Beth-related stuff. In fact, I couldn't care less about expansions and stuff, better stick to Europa Universalis III and UT2k4. Maybe F.E.A.R. too.
Ayedail
Developer

Post by Ayedail »

3 days before i get it!! cant wait! :)
and El Scumbago, I play UT 2k4 too, whats your online name?
Macar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Macar »

El Scumbago wrote: UT2k4.
So let me get this straight... You where mad that beth became lore-light, and foucused more on combat + cool graphics. So- you went off to play games that focus on deep storyline and immersion?
NEW MEMBERS: I'm not with TR anymore, so please stop PMing me. Just post your sample work in the showcase.
[url=http://www.realmsofrenth.com][img]http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/3020/banner3er0.jpg[/img][/url]
fanfas
Developer

Post by fanfas »

I think that he means the oposite, i'm also a really big fan of FPS and i use morrowind to get away from them, to get the deep story telling and emertion that they don't give me... if Oblivion looks more like a FPS i prefer to stick with the real thing and play UT and other shooters.
MAP 3 -> Interiors
Map 3 -> Interior Fixing
Orix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Orix »

I love shooters with RPG elements personally, like Deus Ex and System Shock 2. There's not many of them out though, which is why I look forward to Stalker so much.

Half-Life 2 and Halo were awesome, but there's no replay value like with Deus Ex and System Shock. UT2k4 was good for a while, but the same multiplayer maps over and over again eventually lose their charm... some of the fan made ones are ok.
P.S. Please don't make handbags, wallets, belts or shoes out of Orix [img]http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/3826/orixmj4.png[/img]
lb003g0676
Developer

Post by lb003g0676 »

fanfas wrote:I think that he means the oposite, i'm also a really big fan of FPS and i use morrowind to get away from them, to get the deep story telling and emertion that they don't give me... if Oblivion looks more like a FPS i prefer to stick with the real thing and play UT and other shooters.
I think Macar was actually being sarcastic.
"Only perfection is acceptable. I expect something beyond the acceptable." - Sload

"Orix bows down to £'s leet spelling skills" - Oriks
El Scumbago
Developer Emeritus

Post by El Scumbago »

That he was, mate. But hey, UT is meant to provide insanely fast, twisted, eye-itching, mindless fun. That's the definition of videogame for me, and if Beth can't redefine it, they'd better take their fingers off their keyboards. I've made a somewhat large list of what dissapointed me and there's lots to add, but it's pointless. What matters is the bottom line, and the bottom line is "do what you want". No more, no less.

P.S. You want a good alternative to Oblivion? Try 'Vampire The Masquarade: Bloodlines'. It's the best alternative, mark my words.

Ayedail, I hardly ever play online. Kinda ruins the fun for me.

Oh, and I hear the keymaster coming this way. Let's get the thread back on the rails before it's locked.
Morgoth Bauglir
Developer

Post by Morgoth Bauglir »

Anyone here already played Shivering Isles? How is it?
Veni, bibi, vomui
fanfas
Developer

Post by fanfas »

/offtopic

I see we have similar tastes on games El Scum... i've played Vampires when it was released and loved it... my god that Hunted Hotel Level is my all time favorite "scary level"... pure genius.
MAP 3 -> Interiors
Map 3 -> Interior Fixing
groza528
Developer Emeritus

Post by groza528 »

I've been playing. Haven't finished yet, but I'm loving it so far. My favourite quest so far is the one I just finished, "Addiction," an early-ish part of the MQ-- normally I hate speed-related questing but this one was quite memorable.

Very early on in the MQ you are given the choice to take the door to Dementia or that to Mania. This option caused me to believe (wrongly, it seems) that the entire landmass of the isles was actually two identically-shaped but differently-foliaged worldspaces. I kind of wish they had done that, and may incorporate the idea into a mod of my own I've been thinking about recently.

Also, I can't wait to find Split... sounds like an intriguing place based on the rumours.
Imagine my insult to find that "Raw Glass has no effect on you." I became very huffy at the implication that my intelligence could not be lowered further. Then again, I did just eat a piece of glass.
Joco
Developer

Post by Joco »

I finished it ten minutes ago, it is really good. Approx play time is 10-15 hours, depending on your play. It has a lot of great effects and nice modells. The creatures seem to be many-thousand-poly-modells. It was really good!
Even more useless person
[img]http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/Joco_Modding/2661nb.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/Joco_Modding/computeraddict5tq.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/Joco_Modding/winampuser3dk.jpg[/img]
angelus6
Reviewer

Post by angelus6 »

hmm, so it IS worth it then? might have to invest in this after all
On a concrete cross you fall
Both a martyr to your cause and mine

[url=http://angelus6.110mb.com/3dMaxGallery.html][img]http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/3307/newsig01zv0.jpg[/img][/url]
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

I enjoyed it. The new tilesets scream quagmire. Now that the new CS is out I can safely say Shivering Isles is awesome, buy it!
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Garif

Post by Garif »

I've just entered in the Shivering Isles with my Redguard Assassin. So far its pretty interesting. I intend to take my time on the MQ. Lookin good though.
DoOmRider

Post by DoOmRider »

yeah it's awesome....to bad the new cs is garbage and no one cares... some pics if any one's interested of SI [img]http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j86/Goku1983d/ScreenShot100.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j86/Goku1983d/ScreenShot101.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j86/Goku1983d/ScreenShot113.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j86/Goku1983d/ScreenShot115.jpg[/img]
Noirgrim
Developer Emeritus

Post by Noirgrim »

What do you mean the new CS is garbage?
"Noirgrim, (who is accused of working too hard) is the worst kind of modder this project can get." -Ender
DoOmRider

Post by DoOmRider »

Ah...yeah that's putting it lightly.It's way buggier than the old CS. guess you haven't seen ESF
Last edited by DoOmRider on Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Half of that thread is posts by thedrakestmage. I will admit I am having some trouble with the new CS, however I am not entirely sure that my problems aren't caused by my rusty-ness. I will investigate further tomorrow.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
morke
Developer

Post by morke »

it was courteous of beth to provide us with new models, but its pretty obvious the lack of texturing effort in comparison to OB. i like the new quests and scripts, but some of the clothes and armors look really half assed imo: not trying to rain on SI's parade... I do especialy love those bonewalker things you meet in the garden of flesh and bone. those are f*ing awesome.
Rippin' through mesh,
Is what I do best.
Tear off a poly,
Amputate a Vertex.

Dexter: I dropped the word "communism", and people are thinking that Rihad is going to have red flags and lots of potatoes.
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

The wind-up skeletons! Yeah they were great.

I give Shivering Isles:
new creatures: B+ 90%

new armor: C 80%

new weapons: A (for the amber longsword alone) 95%

new characters: A+ 98%

new quests: A 95%

new dialogue: A+ 98%

new enviroments: A 95%

new textures: B+ 90%

overall 93% pretty good game even though it took all of three days to finish the main quest
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
Fairwater
Developer Emeritus

Post by Fairwater »

Son you have the hardest marking scheme ever. 80%=c? well i am glad you like it.... i bought it but for some reason havent had the urge to play it.... i need to get what i am modding all finished first!
morke
Developer

Post by morke »

it took me less than 7 hours to finish OB's main quest. (from the sewer to the Avatar). yes i play alot of rpg's, but it seems all these new games have no challenge.

there are some really cool new clothes and creatures, though. its as if SI is a CS addon rather than an OB expansion.
Rippin' through mesh,
Is what I do best.
Tear off a poly,
Amputate a Vertex.

Dexter: I dropped the word "communism", and people are thinking that Rihad is going to have red flags and lots of potatoes.
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

The game has a faster pace and its more centered around instant gratification. Its still a fun game though, and I think Haskill the chamberlain/butler guy is one of my new favorite NPCs for the whole game.

Oh and thats how things are graded at my evil public school.
93-100 = A
85-92 = B
77-84 = C
70-76 = D
-69 = E

I hate it.
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Switch schools, mate. 90-100 = A, 80-89 = B, 70-79 = C, 0-69 = Fail. :-/

Where is the island located/How big is it?
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
morke
Developer

Post by morke »

hahah 60% at our schools is still passing XD
Rippin' through mesh,
Is what I do best.
Tear off a poly,
Amputate a Vertex.

Morgoth
Developer Emeritus
Location: That big place next to the smaller place with the tree.

Post by Morgoth »

We have: 92-100 = A, 85-91 = B, 75-84 = C, 66 - 74 = D, 0-65 = F.
Founder of the Realms of Renth. Please give us a visit!

[img]http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/4640/sigbannerap7.jpg[/img]

www.realmsofrenth.com
morke
Developer

Post by morke »

llz because this all applies to SI
Rippin' through mesh,
Is what I do best.
Tear off a poly,
Amputate a Vertex.

Fairwater
Developer Emeritus

Post by Fairwater »

i would have failed highschool. That is tougher marking schemes than my graduate classes at university.
Sload
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sload »

No, since they really just grade you on whether or not you can read. The questions are verbatim restatements of the text in front of you.

Only you fail if you write I HAVE A BRAINSTEM instead of the answer, I guess.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nabO_UXb6MM]This is not my life[/url]
kebra
Developer

Post by kebra »

A little question:

Are the world and the quests less bacler than in OB?
Macar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Macar »

Highschool is officialy a waste of time. I didnt learn a damn thing.
NEW MEMBERS: I'm not with TR anymore, so please stop PMing me. Just post your sample work in the showcase.
[url=http://www.realmsofrenth.com][img]http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/3020/banner3er0.jpg[/img][/url]
morke
Developer

Post by morke »

bacler?
Rippin' through mesh,
Is what I do best.
Tear off a poly,
Amputate a Vertex.

kebra
Developer

Post by kebra »

Mmh, of course, i have try the google translator system.

Not well done, not deep, not finished....