New here, need some advice

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Ubersoldat2003

New here, need some advice

Post by Ubersoldat2003 »

Heya people!

What's up? I just signed up - hopefully i'll be able to contribute to the TR project.

I was just wondering though, if anyone could recommend an order in which I could follow up on Elder Scrolls lore (The IL has a lot of info and I have a feeling i'd get muddled up pretty quickly =D). Or if you have other websites or something, feel free to post them ^_^.

Anyways, thanks very much for your help!!
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Order?

Start with whatever interests you the most, and branch off from there. :] I wouldn't recommend starting with cosmology or religion though.

If you don't know what interests you the most, read some of the fiction stories at the Imperial Library. One of them is bound to pique a topic of interest sooner or later.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

i would start with the PGEs (both of them) for the general info about each province . then move out from there.
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

I'd agree with the Lady, the PGE's are a good place to start for a quick and broad overview of the current lore. You may also want to read various books about the Daedra to get an understanding of what they're up to.
Like Nomadic said, there's a whole hell of a lot of lore for the Elder Scrolls, and jumping right in can be intimidating. Try focusing on the area that interests you the most, and branch off from there, since it all tends to be inter-related.
"Hail Dexter."
-Yinnie

You REALLY don't want me to come back.
JackInMyhead

Um..

Post by JackInMyhead »

Does anyone have lore about other parts of nirn? if that question makes sense!!
Life's A Waste Of Time,
Time's A Waste Of Life,
So Let's Get Wasted All Of The Time!!!

Thats Me In The Bottom Left Of The Pic:p
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Go to the Imperial Library and read the Pocket Guide to the Empire (the Oblivion version). There are chapters for each of the Tamrielic provinces, and another section for Thras, Yokuda, Atmora, Akavir, Pyandonea, etc.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
JackInMyhead

thanks!!

Post by JackInMyhead »

Thanks!!
Life's A Waste Of Time,
Time's A Waste Of Life,
So Let's Get Wasted All Of The Time!!!

Thats Me In The Bottom Left Of The Pic:p
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

and please don't necromance old threads.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo