Old public error reports map1

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

CleverClothe
Developer

Post by CleverClothe »

Cell: Sarvanni (28,16)
Absolute Location: ex_common_plat_end (4) at 237112, 131472, 1063
Error: Some of the platforms casper because all of the platform ends are backwards!
----------------------
Cell: Sarvanni (28,16)
Absolute Location: furn_de_shack_post at 236420, 131119, 1329
Error: This post also caspers because the wrong end is sticking out. It is also slightly off from blocking the awning from caspering as well. There are a host of other small caspering problems here, but these two are the most noticable.
----------------------
Cell: Molagreahd Region (26,13)
Absolute Location: Terrain_rocks_GL_01 (2) at 219924, 113825, 244
Error: Floating rocks, literally!
----------------------
Cell: Aegondo Point (26,20)
Absolute Location: Waterfalls (2)
Error: No waterfall sounds on the two waterfalls in this cell.

Post by Guest »

Not much

Cell: Firewatch, Mages Guild
Issue: Taking from the mages guild equipment chest counts as a crime to members of the mages guild
Kovacius

Caution: Low Bridge

Post by Kovacius »

I had a great deal of difficulty trying to step onto a rope bridge leading to the Balsincag Diamond Mine, object ex_ropebridge_2048_01. My Imperial character didn't seem to fit between the overhead stone arch and the bridge itself, although getting back through from the mine side didn't present any problem.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Haven't checked Crunch's fix-list, so these may have been done already, if so: sorry.

in_t_manor_floor_01 Port Telvannis, Gulael Timys' House 0 64 239 "cannot climb"

Ex_V_sign_telvanni_01 Boethian Mountains Region (33,11) 270957 90833 392 "Telvanni Canton? Hmmm."

in_impsmall_r_corner_01 Firewatch Palace, Guild of Fighters -251 -257 0 "caspering ahoy!"

door_dwrv_load00 Manrizache, Factory Maintenance Tunnel 2112 2096 15008 "extremely disorientating please make them open normally/delete them"

furn_com_tapestry_01 Bal Oyra, Jana Livia: Trader 3924 4829 15200 "crazy tapestries in here, they're all duplicated with different patterns on the duplicate: flickering ensues. dunno how that happened"
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
SunSoar

Post by SunSoar »

um, not sure if this belongs here because it seems its just my version of map1 but:

I get continuous error messages when i am on the edge of tel mora - azura coast area about map1 stuff and even more as i head over to map1 which results by the time i get to Firewatch alot of the exterior cell is missing parts replaced by error markers and then as i get further into firewatch my hands disappear and morrowind crashs....
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

Do you have the data files checked and in their proper places?
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
SunSoar

Post by SunSoar »

yes and yes...
I can get a screenshot of Firewatch for you if you want...
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Did you register TR_Data.bsa in the Morrowind.ini file correctly?
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
adamantum
Developer

Post by adamantum »

I'm sure this was reported, but in Port Telvannis, Gulael Timy's House, the stairs are too high and you can't climb them. You colide with the ceiling.
SunSoar

Post by SunSoar »

when i first tried to use the tool it said it was already registered but i just tried again then and it registered the TR_data so i'm hoping it'll work now, i'll get back to if there's any other problems thanks...

EDIT: WORKS NOW! GUYS THIS IS BRILLIANT! I LOVE IT...
Thebesius

Post by Thebesius »

I don't know if my message is in the good place... Anyway, after the installation of the mod, during the first loading, it's written:

Expression Error, unable to find cell id "mournhold" in script TR_LoopScript.

What have I to do?
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Mournhold is an empty cell in Morrowind.esm.

If you don't have Morrowind.esm, you have a problem. :)
Thebesius

Post by Thebesius »

However when I disactive TR_Map1, it works.
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

you should be fine if you just click "OK" (or what ever the approval button is) if it lets you.
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
ynvaser

Post by ynvaser »

Hi ppl, im new :P

I found a great bug:

Cell: Umm, every beach to the south and east
Error: The beaches are missing, i can see into the whole map, like im glitching in some way.

And:

Cell: i dunno, but look into your map, to the west from Soltsheim.
Error: Some part of Map 1 is there, like it's cutted out and placed there.
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

For the first error, TR has only released Map 1 as yet (the northeastern corner). So what you are seeing is the lack of the other five maps if I understand what you said correctly.

The other error is a Bethesda map glitch. As TR's landmass extends far to the east beyond the edge of the in game map, it wraps around to the western edge and then cuts off. There is nothing that can be done to fix that engine glitch AFAIK except downloading and using a third party map extender.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Lonewolf

Post by Lonewolf »

----------------------
Cell: Firewatch (exterior)
Error: [url=http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/5678/firewatchdoorerrordu3.jpg]This[/url]. The doors are too far away from the towers' surfaces. This is not the only tower that has troubles.
----------------------
blackbird
Reviewer

Post by blackbird »

Does anyone have those gaps (red oval) when playing on map 1? I think they belong to map 1.

Edit: I've test again without map2 and it seems ok now.
Attachments
The gaps have a red oval mark.
The gaps have a red oval mark.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

It seems Map 2 edits some Map 1 cells. Once the NPC claims are merged that will be one of the things I'll take care of.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Fishcake
Developer

Post by Fishcake »

these errors may have been reported before but anyway.

cell:around firewatch(only where ive been)
error1: i dont know if this is just my game but the are HEAPS of floating trees about 1/4 of all of them are floating.

cell:firewatch motels
error2:when i buy a bed for a sleep in firewatch(thats the only place ive been) the doors dont unlock to the bedroom and when i talk to the shopkeeper again he says i dont want you staying here when i already paid. thats 1 of the 2 places you can stay at im not sure which 1. and at the other place the doors dont unlock either.

cell:firewatch general store
error3:the general store guy in firewatch only sells about 7 things (mostly weapons) even though theres heaps of stuff on his shelves.

cell:firewatch library lecture room(i think)
error:that platfrom thing bleeds into the wall behind at the back of it
no
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

Actor Animation problem with "TR_er_but_rmicro00000000". This actor has no animation class!

Whenever I get into map1, after a few seconds I get this error. I never had it before, and I've had map1 running before. I just re-installed Morrowind and everything on my computer and I have no idea why I'm getting this problem. :P I was also trying to get the new non-public version to work just to have a looksie, but I won't bother you with my problems with that ;)
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

If you ever need any map or anything and cant get it, lemme know
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
gafgarion97

Post by gafgarion97 »

I get these two errors when the map is loading:
Missing object "TR_skeleton_orc" when loading "Boethian Mountains Region"
Missing object "TR_skeleton_orc_2" when loading "Boethian Mountains Region"

These I get while the game is "Initializing Data":
Unable to locate object "TR_random_drinks_bandits" in Leveled Item "TR_loot_bandits_06-10"
Unable to locate object "TR_random_armor_iron" in Leveled Item "TR_loot_bandits_06-10"
Unable to locate object "TR_random_armor_steel" in Leveled

Item "TR_loot_bandits_06-10"
Item "TR_Aug_silver war axe" not found on "TR_m1_Gra_Ghash_Skullke"
Item "TR_loot_bandit_11+" not found on "TR_m1_roamer_chief"
Item "TR_loot_bandit_11+" not found on "TR_m1_roamer_rogue"
Item "TR_loot_bandit_11+" not found on "TR_m1_roamer_Assassin"
Item "TR_firestorm_bolt" not found on "TR_m1_FW_MG_01"
Item "TR_Aug_silver mace" not found on "TR_m1_FW_MG_01"
Item "TR_Aug_silver saber swiftblade" not found on "TR_m1_FW_MG_01"

These are the only errors I get.
For those who loved this world and knew friendly company therein;
This Reunion is for you.
Burneddi

Post by Burneddi »

Cell: Firewatch
Error: When you open a gate, and then try to close it, it won't close, but open even more and go through the wall. When you activate it again, it goes back to the previous position.
Burneddi

Post by Burneddi »

Spotted a bit more.

1/1/2008 (18:01) TR_Map1.esm 1/1/2007 (00:00) TR_m1_FW_gateI1_door Firewatch (17,15) 145338 127321 480 "This gate bugs, it won't close properly"
1/1/2008 (18:02) TR_Map1.esm 1/1/2007 (00:00) TR_m1_FW_gateI2_door Firewatch (17,15) 144704 126432 372 "This gate bugs too, it won't close properly"
1/1/2008 (18:02) TR_Map1.esm 1/1/2007 (00:00) TR_m1_FW_gateN_door Firewatch (18,15) 149256 131037 320 "this gate bugs also, it won't close properly when opened"
1/1/2008 (18:06) TR_Map1.esm 1/1/2007 (00:00) in_impsmall_stairs_01 Firewatch, Towers 7232 2752 12608 "Huge gap beetween this and another wall in Firewatch, Towers"

These are all I spotted in Firewatch when I took a quick look around. Previous post was me, forgot to log in and can't edit since it's a quest post.
Naoise

Post by Naoise »

I'm not sure if this is the proper place to report this but... After Installing TR, the sun went black.
El Scumbago
Developer Emeritus

Post by El Scumbago »

Eclipses happen mate :D
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Joking aside, that's rather worrying.

Not happened to anyone else that I've heard of, though, so it might be a mod conflict issue? :?
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
osiris
TR Tester

Post by osiris »

Never had such a bug, it's probably a mod conflict / hardware issue.

Thanks for bumping the thread though: it's definitely useful to keep on posting world errors using the 'Beta Comment' function, as the more will be fixed for the next release, the better. ;)
Harke the Apostle, Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:26 pm
My book sucks cause it´s a vampire.

Hemitheon, Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:51 pm
*sarcastic*
You know what's also popular? Enormous flying cities and ridable dragons. Maybe TR should invest in navigable ships and underwater cities.
ripper

Post by ripper »

Why can't i see the Tellvani islands and most of the east part of this mod on my map????
osiris
TR Tester

Post by osiris »

ripper wrote:Why can't i see the Tellvani islands and most of the east part of this mod on my map????
The readme is your friend; not all the landmasse will fit in the world map. There's nothing that modders can do about this as the world map is hardcoded in game.
Harke the Apostle, Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:26 pm
My book sucks cause it´s a vampire.

Hemitheon, Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:51 pm
*sarcastic*
You know what's also popular? Enormous flying cities and ridable dragons. Maybe TR should invest in navigable ships and underwater cities.
daedren
Developer

Post by daedren »

There is an utility which corrects the map issue... I don't know if it actually works, as I've never tried it, but it has that function, at least.
It's Morrowind FPS Optimizer v. 2.0

From the original readme:
"- It fixes the world map. You can now see land added by any mods anywhere on the map, since it now moves with the player. Bloodmoon (or Tribunal) not required; all known official EXEs are supported."

Here it is:
http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Utilities.Detail&id=51
-- "From the heart, the light; from the head, the law." - Excerpt from "Book of Dawn and Dusk"

-- The Elder Scrolls will become even better with Tamriel Rebuilt.

-- Thanks to Minttu Hynninen - creator of my avatar - who gave me permission to use it.
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

daedren wrote:There is an utility which corrects the map issue... I don't know if it actually works, as I've never tried it, but it has that function, at least.
It works, but it's not perfect. The worldmap becomes grayscale (rather than colored as is normally the case), and MWFPSOpt2 freezes when you quit Morrowind, forcing you to kill it with the task manager.
daedren
Developer

Post by daedren »

Yes, I've read that it is quite buggy... but, as I've never tried it, I couldn't say anything about its performance... But I think I prefer to continue with the "Original Screwed up Map" instead of using FPS Opt :)
-- "From the heart, the light; from the head, the law." - Excerpt from "Book of Dawn and Dusk"

-- The Elder Scrolls will become even better with Tamriel Rebuilt.

-- Thanks to Minttu Hynninen - creator of my avatar - who gave me permission to use it.