increasing the size of claims.

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

theviking
Developer Emeritus

increasing the size of claims.

Post by theviking »

Hi, because there is a constant flood of interiors and we reviewers are no where near coping with this pace, I've thought about getting a solution for this problem. One idea I had was to make the claims bigger. Think about it for a minute; Nowadays when someone claims a shack, he or she can be done within an hour. But if someone claims 3 shacks, the modder is spending a few days on it. That will slow down the rate upon which claims arrive in the reviewer boards. And I don't think this will make it more work for a reviewer. The workload will actually be lesser because you don't have to download and TESAME and make a review about each single shack. So my solution will make sure that the reviewers boards appears emptier and the workload for the reviewers will be lesser. If we continue like this the second page will be up again in no time even if we work hard.
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

I am against this. We did it in the past and it led to confusion and shit. Honestly, we just need more reviewers if you think we are falling behind, and I don't think we are.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Another problem was that some of the grouped claims were too big, or that modders came and said "I'll do 1, 3, 4, 5 and 10 but not 2, 6, 7, 8 and 9, whether there were 3 buildings in the claim or 15. I did an Almalexia claim with 8 large buidings no problems though the former modder working on them had a whole heap.
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I am also against this, for the reasons mentioned above.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

Its too confusing once we get to the interior merging stage. It's really about having a core of active reviewers.

or maybe......

If we could assign a "review package" instead of individual reviews to do one at a time. Like if I want to review something I take the Stonefalls pack1 which would include 10 interiors to review without all the changing between different .esp files. The only thing would be finding an easy way to split the file after the review. Maybe the reviewer could just copy/paste the whole thing into a new cell and save that in a new file. If of course that can be done in the CS, I dont know since I've never actually tried.
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

That's just splitting hairs; the system we have is optimal so long as there are active reviewers
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Ok then, I see your points. Then we have to find a way to get more active reviewers. One way is to see how we can persuade the people that occasionaly do reviews for the showcase to become active reviewers. Once we see that anyone made a good review, we should send them a pm. I think this will work with active people, because we can't use inactive reviewers.

Andres Indoril
Senior Developer

Post by Andres Indoril »

Or we could use the ancient way and PM the most experienced interior modders to join in the fun of reviewing :) That is the way Ludovic recruited me to reviewing.
[url=http://andresindoril.blogspot.com/][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyleft.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.youtube.com/user/AndresIndoril][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyright.jpg[/img][/url]
"You guys are no fun, I'll start my own TR with dead children and toy guars!" -Why
presh
Developer

Post by presh »

Is there a shortage of reviewers?
"Poverty is the worst form of violence."
-- M. Ghandi
Andres Indoril
Senior Developer

Post by Andres Indoril »

It seems so indeed.
[url=http://andresindoril.blogspot.com/][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyleft.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.youtube.com/user/AndresIndoril][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyright.jpg[/img][/url]
"You guys are no fun, I'll start my own TR with dead children and toy guars!" -Why
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Well, you interior makers are building the claims so fast and the only two active interior reviewers at the moment are nomadic and me. (although there some others which do reviews occasionaly, Serric and Swift oak and others). I'm very busy the next 4 weeks, so we could surely use some help. To give an example, I did the last review on friday and now we're 19 map2 and 3 interiors behind and then I'm not even counting the map4's.
Last edited by theviking on Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

we can always use more reviewers.
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

I suppose I better do some reviews tonight... everything depends on me if theviking is going. :] All hail the greatness, the non-sedentarism and the ultimate-ness of Nomadic1. :v
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
The guar man
Developer

Post by The guar man »

Hey i have to work tonight and study for a test but tomorrow after work i can get cracking on some reviews i downloaded many of the current ints done but need only to find their exteriors.

Edit: how come my status isnt changed to reviewer yet and only says modder?
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

oops, fixed
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

Golf ends thursday so I'll have time from then on.
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
The guar man
Developer

Post by The guar man »

I may be a bit slow because i have to do all my transfers by the library and i work 5 days a week plus school so expect any reviews to be posted on mondays and thursdays.