I've been watching you...

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

I've been watching you...

Post by Massalinie »

NOTE: If you don't want to read all this, read the first paragraph and the last one. The rest is just rabble really.

And I'd like to come back. Not as a core member (unless HoI is open and you need me) but as reviewer and interior modder, like I used to be. I have decided this because recently I've been thinking a lot about my time management and I've decided that I haven't been spending enough of my time on... well, me! I have been looking over the forums lately and I see a lot of new faces, and a few old ones sprinkled throughout. At least I know most people on the core. Anyway so I've been watching the project the last few weeks and trying to get map1 to work again (my computer got a nasty virus and I had to completely reformat my harddrive so naturally, everything was uninstalled) and I've been having some trouble... nothing is the way it used to be :P but I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually.

After I left I went through a phase of doing nothing. Literally, nothing. I just couldn't be bothered to do anything so I went to high school, did the assignments in classes, hung out with my friends at lunch, came home and watched movies, all night. Sometimes I played tetris... Ok quite often I plated tetris... O_o ... Ok so I contstanly played tetris, what do you want from me? Anyway finally I graduated and got this boy of mine and my summer started the repetitive cycle of work, hang out with bf, sleep. Over and over again. Not that hanging out with the bf is a bad thing, I love it actually, also I never really felt like doing anything else. So then University started and it was more or less exactly the same thing and now I'm bored.

So I've got university but my classes are easy (save one or two) and I do my work at school when I have like 2-3 hours breaks between classes and outside of that I spend all my free time with the bf, and frankly I miss having the time to sit on my arse and mod for hours on end. It was fun, it was life and I miss it, so I'm doing the only logical thing, coming back.

I don't know who all is on the core and as what anymore, who is head of reviewing? Lady N? Lud? Head of Interiors? The admin I know are Haplo, Lady N and Thrig (nice to see you guys up there, you've all worked hard for it and you all deserve it). I really really miss working on this project. So, I hope that you guys will kind enough to help me out a bit too because a lot of stuff seems to have changed. I shall be seen in the interiors forums mostly, and also I'll do voicework when it comes along.

--Massey--

P.S. Sorry for that extremely long rant. I hope at least somebody read it. :P

P.P.S. Topic tags, pfft. :P
Zalzidrax
Developer

Post by Zalzidrax »

Hey Massey! Glad you're back!

And I agree that there does appear to be a lot more free time in college than in high school... well unless you count the high school english classes I slept through as free time.

What are you planning on studying anyway? Or have you got that figured out quite yet?
Harke the Apostle
Developer

Post by Harke the Apostle »

Hello again, Massey!

Here is some of the information you seek.

http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?t=17814
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

Zalz: I'm going into Computer Science. It's all been really easy so far since it's just Java and I spent the last two years learning Java. :P Math and Statistics are my hardest classes, and they're both pretty easy too. Also, I STILL sleep through English!

Wow... We're low on core people it looks like. Well, if you need me I'm here! What happened to Ludovic?
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

ive missed ya :) *tear of joy* i wubs ya

now we can have happy happy fun orgies on the IRC again where i am not the only one getting raped :)

PS. do some voice acting :P
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Hi, Massalinie. After reviewing a few of your map4 interiors and reading a few of your posts, I must say I'm very happy you decided to make a comeback. Since you left TF became the head of interiors and we are munching our way through map3. map2 almost has all of its interiors finished (Kemel-Ze for a start) and some npc claims are nearly complete. Cool that you also want to review, because the speed of the interior builders has really increased and we could use some help with reviewing. I red your whole post! (after going to university you also learn how to speedread...)
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
PoHa!
Developer Emeritus

Post by PoHa! »

[PoHa! atax Massey with a swarm of pink fuzzles]

"When you find out someone's sleeping with your wife, you want to kill the f***er"
~Prof. Gardner

"You wiki'd my girlfriend?"
~Dexter
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

DYTOC
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

For a moment I thought you where the viKing, but you're not. You're theviking. Well, nice to meet you! Thanks for your informative post too. I used to do a LOT of reviews way back when. Before I was a gmod and after too though not as much. I have pages and pages of review lists that I wrote down at the time and all of my old review files. It's crazyness. So yeah I'm happy to do that again. If there were any changes to the review system I'll need to know though. :)
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

assignments are out, now you just review stuff. No finals though because I have perma-dibs. (unless of course the interior is mine) That is honestly the onyl change.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Hey Massey! :D :) :P

Long time no see! I'm still here, modding/reviewing when I can. I know the feeling of being busy.

Anyways welcome back! We could use a helping hand.

Map 2 has advanced quite far since you last stopped by. You might want to try out the latest version that I put together(just for kicks) here. Exteriors and Interiors got massive overhauls. :)

http://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/old_forum/viewtopic.php?p=227005#227005
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
Jedak
Developer

Post by Jedak »

Hey, I'm a new face on the interior dep, but I was initially promoted for my Music (which I hope to update because I've been sleeping on my lazy arse all the time). Glad to meet you - I've read old posts :)

Select PoHa!'s pink stars and they turn blue
Macar: At last, I have a coleague to work with.

Lady N: Jedak-of-all-trades
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Hello there, Massey! :D
It is really difficult to depart from TR for good, isn't it? And if you think university means lots of free time, just wait until you graduate and start doctoral studies. That is proper vacation (and paid as well).
THEO
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Hey Massey! :] Great to see you back. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Now get to work :slavedriver:

:tongue:
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Andres Indoril
Senior Developer

Post by Andres Indoril »

MASSEH! :o

Welcome back :)
[url=http://andresindoril.blogspot.com/][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyleft.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.youtube.com/user/AndresIndoril][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyright.jpg[/img][/url]
"You guys are no fun, I'll start my own TR with dead children and toy guars!" -Why
Lutemoth
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lutemoth »

A Mass of Linies descend upon thee!

Whaaa! Welcome backs to the TR :D
HoonDing mongori tiavo; Lemansha temin diang hibat.
The Hoon Ding guides us; all others can Make Way.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Massalinie wrote:What happened to Ludovic?
Real life, unfortunately. He's still around, but not at all as often, and is focussing solely on Map 1's MQ, and also the planning of Map 2 quests when that occurs.

I am currently our only active Morrowind quester, 'cos Groza has also been RL'ed, and is focussing on the Stirk MQ. On that note, if you have any experience with dialogue/scripts/quests... any help would be appreciated. :)) But that may not be your area. Me no know.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
fanfas
Developer

Post by fanfas »

Woot :) hello dear... will we have pajama partys again????

Welcome again we've missed you :)
MAP 3 -> Interiors
Map 3 -> Interior Fixing
Tyrion
Reviewer

Post by Tyrion »

Welcome back :D you know now... you can't leave... ever...
"Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse considerations have diverse names."

"How dare you question the colonnade!" - one of the Glorious Leaders

"Nemon + IKEA = creationism" - some guy

"The layout is awesome, the scale is awesome, the whole city is just awesome!" - Tyrion on Blacklight, circa 2007
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

Thrig: That's the way it always was, the HoR does finals. And I'll get started tonight!

Swift: I did see that, thanks. I shall have a look eventually. :P

Jedak: I've been watching you especially *creepy evil stare* But seriously, I've seen you around. Nice to meet you too. :)

Nomadic: Solis looks absolutely amazing! It makes me proud to say I did the crappy version before you fixed it :P Ugh, exteriors, I don't know how you do it.

Bloodthirsy-crab-guy: Aw man, well at least he's still on MQ, Lud is a very dedicated worker. Also, it looks as though I shall be joining you on quests shortly, so we'll be in touch!

Fanfas: Heck yes! :D

Tyrion: I've known that from the very start. :) I just needed a break.

Hello and thanks to everyone else who posted! :P

Oh and I also wanted to say, if you see a guy called Dark around anywhere, that would be my boyfriend. He's going to be helping me with quest plots and the like, he owns Morrowind and Oblivion and knows plenty about them but may need some help with more complex lore if it comes into play. :) So yeah say hi to him if you see him in showcase.
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

wow, how ironic. my BF was Darkest Mind and yours is simply Dark.... thats wierd...
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

Yes... it is. He's normally DarkStrikeSX. Actually it's coincidental, not ironic. I think.

So, am I to understand that reviews are no longer assigned, but we just do what we want? How do we know if somebody else is reviewing an int?
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

hm, bad wordchoice on my part.

most reviews are posted same day as they are started. if you are working on a review and wont be able to finish in the same day then you can post something like "im taking this" or "i have started the review". but since there arent many peope reviewing its not a very big problem...

you go in order of maps. the less the number the more priority it has. oblivion maps have top priority if you are able to review those. sometimes thrig gives special unofficial asingments when he needs something done ASAP.
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

Right, that last part's pretty much as it was before then.

Okie dokie then, I'll be looking. :)

I'll be looking Saturday actually, because I've been summoned to the zoo and tomorrow I have to go film a funeral.
El Scumbago
Developer Emeritus

Post by El Scumbago »

Welcome back Massey, great to see you returning! It's as they say, you can never review enough...
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

Oh yeah also just to check, we still do two reviews for everything before the final, right?

Also I seem to be having problems with my Tr_Data file. I'm trying to sort it out now. Is there a modder tutorial for installing the thing anywhere? I seem to be missing the files themselves, I have the esm, and it runs but I can't use any of the TR objects, nor see them in other interiors that I'm reviewing. I'm downloading the .rar again now, I'm pretty sure I already have it but maybe I didn't install it properly or something.

[Edit]Nope, it's still not working. You're supposed to extract TR_Data.rar into Data Files, right? So why can't I see any of the TR stuff?[Edit]
Nomadic1
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nomadic1 »

Did you register TR_Data.bsa in the Morrowind.ini file?
<insert witty signature here. i might spend time trying to come up with something, but its not like anybody reads these anyway>
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

No, what does that mean? How do you do that?
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Did you download the lastest TR_Data file Massey? If you did, in the .rar file, you will find a program called BSAReg. Extract it to Data Files, and run it from there, it should automatically take care of registering any BSA files that haven't already been registered.

Hope that helps :)
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

Ah! Thank you, it's all working great now. :D
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Dytoc.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

Haplo, you've regressed to a one word vocabulary now, have you?

:P
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Five.

Drew Yoko Trekkie Ono Carrie.

<3 Massey

Can I have that vagina back?

kebra
Developer

Post by kebra »

God, Massey back, i will have to follow the rules again!
H'lo Miss, welcome back.

What do you exactly dislike in the real life?
Massalinie
Developer Emeritus

Post by Massalinie »

What do I dislike? Well... most things :P I love my family of course, and my boyfriend, he sustains me. I'm really not liking university atm, too much work and too much risk or missing stuff or crapping up your gpa with one bad course. I also don't like my job.

Haplo: No. ... No!