i3-537-Ind

After an interior claim has been cleared by a review, the thread will be moved here. Discussion is still allowed.

Moderators: Seneca37, Lead Developers

Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

i3-537-Ind

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Claim type: Interior
Claim ID: TR_i3-537-Ind (#1632)
Faction: Indoril
Parent claim: TR_3-27-Ind (#131)
Claimed by: Mothergoose
Files: TR_i3-537-Ind_Mothergoose_1.esp; TR_i3-537-Ind_Mothergoose_2.esp; TR_i3-537-Ind_Mothergoose_3.esp; TR_i3-537-Ind_Thrignar Fraxix_1.esp

---

Daedric Ruin (accessible via black hole-ish thingy)
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

<Edited> I don't wanna claim this any more, I found a better place in Map4, so I'll wait.
Harke the Apostle
Developer

Post by Harke the Apostle »

[edit] Beg pardon. Don't want this yet.
Mothergoose
Developer

Post by Mothergoose »

Fuck it, I'll claim it. Make it daedricy and include some sort of "black whole thingy".
"There is no mystery. M'Aiq knows all. The dwarves were here, and now they are not! They were very short folks...or perhaps they were not. It all depends on your perspective. I'm sure they thought they were about the right height." ~ M'aiq the Liar
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Was pending to Harke, who changed his mind, so revoked. Mothergoose, use the claim button if you want to claim it.
Mothergoose
Developer

Post by Mothergoose »

Claim
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

The black hole thingy is the entrance. Load up the accurate map, find the location on there, then load up map 3 in the CS to find out how the black hole thingy should be oriented.

granted, happy modding.
Mothergoose
Developer

Post by Mothergoose »

Ok, did that. I noticed the appeared entrance was blocked of by rubble (I assume that was very much on purpose) and the cavern entrance a cell to the east was the entrance. I placed some L_daedric floors over it to get a rough estimate of the size between the two and it is... a lot (13 or more squares). I can block it off early and avoid much, or I can go all out and make a VERY large daedric ruin (It would be an interesting challenge). Is there a quest in mind for this? Would appreciate the info before I do to much.
"There is no mystery. M'Aiq knows all. The dwarves were here, and now they are not! They were very short folks...or perhaps they were not. It all depends on your perspective. I'm sure they thought they were about the right height." ~ M'aiq the Liar
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

blocking it off early would ruin what is probably a rare or perhaps even unique ruin situation. I don't know if there will be a quest, but the most interesting interiors often are made relevant when questing comes around.
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Mothergoose
Developer

Post by Mothergoose »

Ok, I'll make it big. Hell, I'll make it huge (why not). Will likely take a long time.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

don't make it unreasonably big.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Mothergoose
Developer

Post by Mothergoose »

It won't be an underground city by any means. I'll upload regularily so it can be checked on.
Mothergoose
Developer

Post by Mothergoose »

Ok, I have been brain storming and I have two ideas for this ruin.

The simple one: The ruin is the remains of a daedric cult devoted to mephala. Some natural disaster happened (maybe link it to some historical event- none immediately comes to mind) and the earth collapsed trapping the cultist in. Include skeletons, notes, and journals to support. Should be fun.

The vastly more difficult and time consuming idea:
The player enters through the cavern door, falls through abolutely blackness for few seconds, before landing in a pool of water (cave). The cave leads into the daedric ruin- a shrine devoted to Vaernima. The player is trapped inside the ruin until he/she can solve three puzzles, and win three items. These three items are to be placed in the mouths of Vaernima (My plan it to arrange static jewels in the shape of her face, with an invisible container placed in the mouth) there by freeing the player and sending him away with some high powered goodies.

The puzzles will all be based on the concepts of dreams, nightmares, and the fine line between illusion and reality. The items will be things like specail daedra hearts, skulls, things like that. If I pursue this idea, the ruin will have to be much larger, although filled with many more interesting things. Want some sort of approval before starting either one .
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

I like the first one, but make it azura as map 3 is her map
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Mothergoose
Developer

Post by Mothergoose »

Will do. Likely upload in about a week.
Mothergoose
Developer

Post by Mothergoose »

Ok, this is my first update. To be conservative I have marked completion at 50%, but I think most of the hard work is done for this interior.

I would appreciate it if an administrator or experienced TR member would take a quick look at it (just a scan of it in the editor, a formal review is not neccessary), as I there are several things that I have put in there that I am not if are acceptable or not.

Also, I want to add some flora to the cave part of the shrine, as it seems to dull and empty to me. BC vines, or some telvanni roots (in place of tree roots), or something would make it seem like a hollow piece of underground rather then a weird empty earth bubble, but I don't know what is acceptable. Suggestions and constructive criticism would be very helpful.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Ok, first off, I don't see a blackish hole type entrance, but that probably hasn't been added yet.

I'm not entirely sure what you thought was questionable (please say) The only thing I would say is that you should use rocks instead of boulders. Also, I wonder where that cave entrance in the shrine cell will fit into the scheme of things. (Check the exterior, it looks like that might go outside the mountain)
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Mothergoose
Developer

Post by Mothergoose »

I had quite a debate with myself over the black whole thing. I thought about what a "black whole" thingy would represent. Abviously the PC is not traveleing through a dark void, so it must be some sort of phisical space. Then I thought to myself, what space might a person be traveling through? The idea for me was some sort of cave in with the ruin, so instead of a placing a black whole to represent a transition from the cave to the ruin, I just placed cave parts in the ruin. I thought it would just look better that way. I wanted to do something unique, so I placed the connection in the ceiling, instead of the side.

This is were I used a lot of funky editing. I rotated the static in_muddcave_21 to go partially into the shrine, and filled in the spaces were it didn't fit right with boulders. Looks good, but it isn't standard by any means.

I wanted to include more boulders then rocks, because I wanted it to seem like dirt and earth collapsed on it, rather then make it look like a daedric ruin that has fused with a cave. I hence why I put in so many of them.

If the black whole thing is really important, I can paste the cave part into another cell, and place a black "doorway" in the roof (like at castle karstag in the main entrance). I will include stairs going downward at the blocked entrance, so the interior lines up with the exterior.

I thought there might be problems with the ropes in the shrine, but I assume you didn't find any. Big releif :mrgreen:

Thoughts on boulders and cave connection?
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

I didn't actually see the ropes until now, I don't think they look realistic or good. The entrance to the interior has to be the same type of dark hole as the one on the exterior.

As for the boulders, I just think they get repetitive after a while. I don't think it will be a problem though.

Why is your statue a unique activator named "Silent Statue"
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Mothergoose
Developer

Post by Mothergoose »

I am writing a journal to go with the interior. In it the writer refers to Azura as "The Silent Statue". I should finish it in a few days and then I will send it to the writing board for approval.

Ropes will be rearanged or deleted.

I loaded the file to map 3, and I assume the entrance is the cavern door a few cells to the east (I asked about this earlier). The black whole entrance is supposed to match, so is it the cavern door, or has it been placed some place else?
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

no, the entrance should be exactly where the accurate map marker is and be a black load hole like in tribunal.

Just delete the ropes, I don't see how they could work.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Mothergoose
Developer

Post by Mothergoose »

Found the black whole entrance. I am going to rearange the interior layout, but keep the basic scheme. Will replace cavern door at the top of the cave part in the shrine with black whole entrance. Acceptable?
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

it won't really fit the exterior architecture for the ruin, but I don't think it is that big of a deal. Its fine.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Mothergoose
Developer

Post by Mothergoose »

Ok for all intensive purposes this interior is done. I am still writing the journal that goes with it (then it needs to be approved by the literature and writing board), but there is little else that will be changed about the save adding the journal, maybe something else down the road but nothing major. Since interiors tend to sit in reviewing for a few weeks anyway before being reviewed, I think it is safe to transfer. Either way I will be claiming new projects soon, as I finish the journal I am writing.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Off to review with ye.
Note to self/initial reviewer should it be done quickly: Merge the finished journal.
Hemitheon
Reviewer

Post by Hemitheon »

Return to Modder

Gaping holes in 1st cell
replace and remove TR_m3_i537_ex_dae_door_static and replace with ex_dae_door_static_oval.

downsize light_dae_censer and raise in cell 1
skeleton's hip is twice as large as he is.
Floaters everywhere
bk_darkestdarkness bleeding into lower
TR_furn_de_p_lecturn floating
replace and remove Silent Statue, replace with plain statue, players will understand.
add sounds to cave part of shrine cell
add plants to cave part of shrine cell
Mothergoose
Developer

Post by Mothergoose »

Ok, I have corrected all the mention errors, paying special attention to the unevenness of de furniture the best I can. I am disatified with the cave part though, as I can't seem to find many safe flora to place in it.

As is, there are a fair number of "gl" roots, green at the top near the surface, and more brown farther down. Around the entrance I place a few appropriate plants I had seen around the cell claim on the map, and some grass. Placed two white lights markers at the entrance to mimick sunlight. I was liberal with grass around the entrance, but didn't want to continue with it to far past it because I thought it would seem illogical (not much sunlight). I have the file uploaded if anybody wants to take a look at it.

Thoughts?

EDIT: I kept the blocked door I had created, because the one Hermitheon suggested was named "blocked door to Annunabia" or something to that effect. Did delete the "silent Statue".
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

back to review then
The guar man
Developer

Post by The guar man »

Here are some errors I found and fixed.

1. Fixed "TR_m3_i537_Ex_Dae_door_static" there was a gap on the left side that the pc can see through.
2. I fixed "in_dae_mezzanine_edge" that were located on the stairs of the shrine.
3. I pulled in and lowered the black hole due to being able to see through the sides...had to move or remove some of the smaller grasses.
4. Just curious as to how that ladder is going to work because I dont see the pc being able to climb it to get out.

North marker: Yes
Clean: Yes
Mark: 9/10
Comments: The interior is very well done though I feel there should be alittle more loot here.
Attachments
TR_i3-537-Ind_Mothergoose_3.esp
(45.06 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

是認する