None of the meshes are displaying? - SOLVED

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Confused Patron

None of the meshes are displaying? - SOLVED

Post by Confused Patron »

I'm not totally sure if this is the correct area, but I thought I should have it in the same area as the BSAREG thread. The meshes on Tamriel Rebuilt for my Morrowind game are all the error signs, and I have tried everything. I've registered manually, automatically, restarted my computer, made sure everything was correct, etc, but they still don't show up for me. I'm running a Vista, though my Morrowind is NOT in my Program Files. There shouldn't be any security problems, but there might be. So basically, why won't the meshes display correctly? Thank you for reading this if you are going to help .
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

I know this sounds obvious, but you do actually have TR_Data, don't you? I seem to remember that in some downloads it was packaged seperately to the main TR_Map1.esm, and perhaps they got seperated and one forgotten?
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Confused Patron

Yes, I do have it selected, and both of them for that matter. Both ESM's.
Confused Patron

Heh, whoops, overlooked that the data is a BSA. Sorry to confuse =X
Sir Deadric

Post by Sir Deadric »

Confused Patron wrote:Heh, whoops, overlooked that the data is a BSA. Sorry to confuse =X
It appears I am a moron. I have yet again overlooked the fact that there is a BSA and an ESM of the same name. Again, sorry to confuse.
Do you win the internet? Because I do! NOT
Sir Deadric

None of the meshes are displaying?

Post by Sir Deadric »

BC EDIT: Threads merged so we don't have too many of these topics.

Well, seeing as my rambling caused one to think that the thread was finished...which I would have thought >_>...I now will make a new thread to continue. I have done everything, have everything, the programs are NOT in program files, and it should work. The meshes do NOT show up, regardless of having the BSA registered. Any help would be appreciated.
Sir Deadric

Post by Sir Deadric »

I'm guessing this problem is unheard of?
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

its been 4 hours, the people that know the solution may not have loged on yet. give them time.
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Hmm, I don't know. :S

1. Check your Morrowind.ini file. Under [Archive] you should see TR_Data.bsa registered. If it's not listed there, it's not properly registered. I know in the past the BSAReg utility didn't work for me, so that might just be the case.

Code: Select all

[Archives]
Archive 0=Tribunal.bsa
Archive 1=Bloodmoon.bsa
Archive 2=TR_Data.bsa
2. You need both TR_Data.esm and TR_Data.bsa files, and they have to be in Data Files. And it's okay if they are the same name, so the fact that you have a TR_Data.esm and a file with the same name except with a .bsa extension is NOT causing the problem.

3. If you have lots of mods, one of them might be corrupting your game and/or conflicting with the TR mod. There have been known issues of that.

4. Finally, is it just the TR meshes affected, or all of them. If it's all of them, your problem may not specifically be related to TR_Data. In which case, you may end up having to re-install Morrowind.

I'm sorry if what I said sounds silly/redundant. Those are all the things I could think of. Hope you get the problem fixed. :)
"Idleness and lack of occupation tend - nay are dragged - towards evil."
-Hippocrates
Sir Deadric

Post by Sir Deadric »

Swiftoak Woodwarrior wrote:Hmm, I don't know. :S

1. Check your Morrowind.ini file. Under [Archive] you should see TR_Data.bsa registered. If it's not listed there, it's not properly registered. I know in the past the BSAReg utility didn't work for me, so that might just be the case.

Code: Select all

[Archives]
Archive 0=Tribunal.bsa
Archive 1=Bloodmoon.bsa
Archive 2=TR_Data.bsa
2. You need both TR_Data.esm and TR_Data.bsa files, and they have to be in Data Files. And it's okay if they are the same name, so the fact that you have a TR_Data.esm and a file with the same name except with a .bsa extension is NOT causing the problem.

3. If you have lots of mods, one of them might be corrupting your game and/or conflicting with the TR mod. There have been known issues of that.

4. Finally, is it just the TR meshes affected, or all of them. If it's all of them, your problem may not specifically be related to TR_Data. In which case, you may end up having to re-install Morrowind.

I'm sorry if what I said sounds silly/redundant. Those are all the things I could think of. Hope you get the problem fixed. :)

It's only the TR items, I've done it with no other mods being used...and they shouldn't even conflict. The most changing mods I have are texture replacers, and that's the ones that replace the skins of the ground, the houses, certain books, and, of course, bodies and heads. Shouldn't conflict, from what I know of. EDIT: It's registered, I checked the INI.

EDIT EDIT: I think I'll reinstall.
Sir Deadric

Post by Sir Deadric »

Reinstalled, no difference.
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Sometimes those kinds of mods (textures, etc) cause great conflicts, but then again they really shouldn't. Do the TR meshes appear like <!> on the Construction Set, or are they just not there period?

Another highly unlikely possibility is that the downloaded TR game files are simply corrupt, and you could try re-downloading them.
-Hippocrates
Sir Deadric

Post by Sir Deadric »

Sad thing is, CS doesn't seem to work for me. =| But I had uninstalled many of them in my attempt to find the culprit
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Either its corrupted game-files, or you are missing one of those obvious things Swifty was talking about earlier. It's as simple as that, 'cos I've never heard this happen to anyone else. And if it was a mod conflict with something as popular as texture replacers, we'd know by now.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Swiftoak
Developer Emeritus

Post by Swiftoak »

Could you give us your system specifications? (EG: Memory, Video Card, CPU...) Nothing too fancy, just so we can have a general idea if your PC comes from the stone age or now.
-Hippocrates
Sir Deadric

Post by Sir Deadric »

I got it a few years ago, and it can play Oblivion on full with HDR. I don't think it's so my specs, as much as it could be my version of Vista, which doesn't let me use SVN (used on other games) AT ALL. Trust me, the SVN god couldn't disable my security. I DO have my Vista autoadmin account activated. I will NOT, however, be using it.

EDIT: Can you just package the .NIFS and such in their appropriate files? It doesn't appear that I'll be able to use the maps otherwise, and the Telvannis maps look awesome.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

You can extract the .bsa files using BSA Archive, which you can download from the internet.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Sir Deadric

Post by Sir Deadric »

Interesting.

EDIT: I downloaded BSA Commander, which worked on Oblivion BSA's before now, It appears I have received a corrupt TR file, as even IT can't open it.
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Sir Deadric wrote:EDIT: I downloaded BSA Commander, which worked on Oblivion BSA's before now, It appears I have received a corrupt TR file, as even IT can't open it.
[img]http://gez117.free.fr/smilies/killinme.gif[/img]

Look no further, your errors are explained at least! This mod must be played with Morrowind.

BSA is not a consistent format. It means "Bethesda Softworks Archive" and you will find BSA files in every game ever released by Bethesda. Yet, the internal format is never the same. For example, the BSA in Battlespire is just a very long text file.

The BSA formats for Morrowind and Oblivion are closely-related, but definitely not identical; so it is only normal you can't open it with BSA Commander. Use BSA Browser instead.
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Re: None of the meshes are displaying?

Confused Patron wrote:I'm not totally sure if this is the correct area, but I thought I should have it in the same area as the BSAREG thread. The meshes on Tamriel Rebuilt for my Morrowind game are all the error signs, and I have tried everything. I've registered manually, automatically, restarted my computer, made sure everything was correct, etc, but they still don't show up for me. I'm running a Vista, though my Morrowind is NOT in my Program Files. There shouldn't be any security problems, but there might be. So basically, why won't the meshes display correctly? Thank you for reading this if you are going to help .
Gez.

Read before you gloat. :P

(Unless there is some mix up and he really is trying to use this for Oblivion)
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

Gez
Developer Emeritus

Re: None of the meshes are displaying?

Post by Gez »

Bloodthirsty Crustacean wrote:Gez.

Read before you gloat. :P
Just having a bit of fun. The main point of the post was to explain BSA Commander is not the tool to use.
Sir Deadric

Post by Sir Deadric »

Well, it's strange, to say the least, as it also worked for numerous Morrowind Mods. That, and I can't find anything else to use.
Lud
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lud »

You can find Ghostwheel's BSAPack utility [url=http://www.morrowind-mod.com/Modders%20Resources%20Utilities.htm]here.[/url]
"It’s all been such a mistake. We were once little shrew-like animals. That would be so much better."
-Ophelia Benson
Sir Deadric

Post by Sir Deadric »

Yeah I just now fixed it. The BSAReg that you guys had wasn't working correctly for me. When I got BSA browser, it had one that worked. I ran it and, SHAZAM, I opened CS and it worked. Thanks for the help guys, though it's strange that it didn't work before....>_< ANYWAY....time to enjoy this. *gives them all a cookie*