Yet another modder dying to be part of the team!!!

In order to implement content in-game, you must be a Developer. This is the place for you to introduce yourself, and apply to become a TR Developer.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Herennius Volsinius
Developer

Yet another modder dying to be part of the team!!!

Post by Herennius Volsinius »

Hello. Looks like this is a very popular project. I would like to join you.

My favourite modding area is with AI Packages - I am particularily fond with compiling guard schedules!

I also have an in-depth knowledge of scripting and am fairly comfortable with the lore and history of Tamriel.

I have completely mastered the use of the CS through months of modding.

I have just finished my exams also and therefore have all summer to work on this project.

I hope you will accept me! Thanks!
Harke the Apostle
Developer

Post by Harke the Apostle »

Welcome to TR.

For which game engine would you like to mod(Oblivion or Morrowind) ?
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

based on the AI packages and the compiling guard schedules I am going to take a shot in the dark and say oblivion.

If you would post a sample of your work we will look it over for mistakes to gauge your skills.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Morden
Developer Emeritus

Post by Morden »

If you would post a sample of your work we will look it over for mistakes to gauge your skills.
In addition to providing constructive criticism. ;)
Herennius Volsinius
Developer

I have one file I could upload but it's.... big. I made a smaller city mod earlier with a full garrison of guards and full of NPC's. There were just too many crashes going on so I deleted it. I started again with a bigger world mod. I tried to copy the Imperial Legion as a joinable faction as best I could from Morrowind. I'll upload my file in a few hours, when I'm free again. It's still in its infancy though.

I retextured a lot of new meshes to suit my mod too and because this mod was intended for myself, the file paths are dodgy. I will send you some screenshots to fill in those gaps along with the actual mod. I will send you the LOD for my world too so you can see what I was aiming for.

Because there isn't that much, I would happily get to work building it up more if it would help you to judge my skills better.
bamman62
Developer

Post by bamman62 »

You sound talented :P. We need lots of talent on this project. I am anxous to see your mod.
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

We certainly need AIérs in the future. I would like to know if you can make quests too, because the AI is added at the same time as the miscellanious quests in Hammerfell. If you can't thats okay because you can also be promoted just for AI. I hope you can provide us with a small piece of your work so we can see what you're capable of. Thanks already!
Interiors: 25
Reviews: more then 250!
Quest Reviews: 3
NPC claims: 2

Currently looking for quest designers.
Herennius Volsinius
Developer

Here is my work so far. It took too long to upload to these forums so I put it on filefront - I hope that's ok. I think all the new meshes are in there too. It's still quite small - I haven't worked on it for too long! theviking, I can work on most areas of modding, including quests. I made a couple of working quests a while back although they were quite basic. Still, I believe that I have come a long way since then. The one thing I can't do is anything associated with modelling - I'm not very artistic in that sense!

Link: [url=http://files.filefront.com/Mod+in+Progressrar/;10961511;/fileinfo.html]Here[/url]
Herennius Volsinius
Developer

Any news? Feedback?
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

sorry, none yet. ill take a look at it tomorow. your skills sound very impresive, we could use someone with AI and questing skills. try sending the viking a PM too.
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

I take a look at it tomorrow since the file is so big that I don't like to place it on my laptop. Filling the harddisk of the computer of my parents is a better idea...

Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

oh my god this thing is HUGE, the upload limit is at 20 mb. no wonder you couldn't upload it to the forum :P

ok, so far i managed to load the thing. i encountered many errors upon the load, including:
  • missing object references
  • could not find quest reference for "serve sentence," "HELLO" (about 100 times) and "service refusal"
  • invalid cell coords
  • could not find cell
  • InitItem error in cell XPMilchar03
  • reference attached wrong
i have to run now, not sure if ill get to finish my review later today. i took a very quick glance at the interiors in the mod and noticed no big errors. ill give a couple of them a full review and see if i can promote you for ints as well as AI.

exterior wise, you need to smooth things, a lot. textures on the big entrance and the stairs are missing (your file seemed to only include meshes, and even then it was packaged confusingly. assume the start folder is the data folder, so it should include plugin +meshes folder +textures folder). the land also needs more detail statics, plants and stuff. also vertex shade to stimulate shadow.

there are tuts on all that, i'd explain myself but i really have to run now. sorry.
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Herennius Volsinius
Developer

Sorry about the packaging - I did it in a rush and tried to find all the new meshes and textures. This would be responsible for the missing object references.

I am not sure what is causing the dialogue errors as they don't show up for me.

Most of the other errors you mentioned occured from unexplainable mouse jirks while I was dragging something in the render window.

The exterior is usually the thing I do last as I usually make up the layout of cities and such as I go along and then modify the terrain to match it afterwards.

I look forward to hearing your full review.
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

phew. mah bro was suppose to have a raid at 8 (which of course didn't actually start till 9) so i really had to run. here is the first part of my review, the house of Hermius Monarius.

-the ambient lighting in here is much too dark for a house imho. houses/shops usually have some natural lights. in its current state the player will not be able to see anything at all in un-illuminated areas.
-the type of fire you picked doesn't actually give off any light. you have to put a lighbulb on top it to make it illuminate the room.
-lower class chair in a room that is otherwise middle class.
-the stool floats a little. furniture needs to be Fed a couple times before its actually on the ground. the two tables with the food also float slightly. chair by the alchemy table also floats.
-table floats slightly because it is half on the rug and half off it. i suggest either moving it off the rug or simply Fing it a couple more times until its 3 legs touch the floor (the 4th will be bleeding into the rug, but its barely noticeable).
-shirt on dresser floats slightly. otherwise you did a great job managing the clutter (typically people just use havok to place it which causes lots of floaters)

this was over all a very nice house. the errors were very minor and you did a great job with cluttering the interior. your other interiors were even better then this one, heres what i found in them

armory
-cupboard floats slightly because one leg is on the rug fringe. just F it.

Gatehouse lower level
-floating furniture again, namely the chair and the beds.
-mutton floats
-middle passages are probably too bright. ill need to check this ingame to confirm though. i'd replace one light on each of the walls with a FAKE variant (search and replace is easiest here)
-2 towers not detailed, i assume its a wip.

your interiors are of great quality. small furniture and clutter floates are your main worries, though you should also pay attention to lighting your interiors. fix the errors (particularly in the first house i reviewed) and i will gladly promote you for interiors :)

ill take a look at the AI in game tomorrow as its getting rather late. viking will too apparently.
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

I tired to look at your mod, but it contains a folder called LandscapeLOD and I have no idea where to put that. Next time it would be a good idea to include some readme that tells you where to put all of the stuff, or make it so that it installs compltely if you extract it to the data folder. (Lady Nerevars idea) Sorry, but I haven't been able to look at your mod because of this.

Herennius Volsinius
Developer

The LandscapeLOD folder goes in data/textures. There isn't much to see in the game apart from the general lay of the land.

Thanks for the review. I'll post a cleaned version in a while. I have worked on the prison tower and dungeon areas in the past week. Prison tower is now cluttered and there are a couple more NPCs. Prisoners have been added whom will attempt to escape when you open their cells. I also have loose links at making an escape from prison quest.

It isn't perfect but it's coming along alright. I'll work a bit more on that before I release the cleaned version.

Oh, and I'll use Viking's advice about a readme or something in the future. I just did it in such a rush last time.
Herennius Volsinius
Developer

Here is the cleaned version. I fixed everything that was was mentioned. I know that there are still cells that are unfixed but hopefully this will be all the evidence you need. I cleaned the Prison and cluttered Prison Tower with everything except food - in truth I forgot that bit!

You also mentioned that the stairs to the big entrance and the such were missing well, I included some screenshots with the download that should fill in those gaps.

I also want to make it clear that I cut out ambient light for a lot of cells with no windows or other sources of natural light. It made sence to me that artificial sources like candles would be used to lighten up these areas. But I took your advice anyway and added ambient lighting.

Link: [url=http://files.filefront.com/Mod+in+Progress+v2rar/;11049881;/fileinfo.html]Here[/url]
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

Promoted for Interiors :) im still taking a look at AI.
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
Herennius Volsinius
Developer

Brilliant, thanks! I hope I can go for AI too!
Nanu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nanu »

We don't promote for AI or NPC creation, as those are both facets of Oblivion interior-making, so you're good to go! :)
"You can remove spells from your list in Morrowind. I think it was shift-click, don't quote me on that though." - Cathartis
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mnbsqv]Forum Rules[/url]
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mj594z]Moratorium[/url]
| [url=http://tinyurl.com/6msxag]Writing for TR[/url]
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

I fixed your title, congratulations on your promotion.
If you have any questions, send me a PM and I will answer them.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

Nanu Ra wrote:We don't promote for AI or NPC creation, as those are both facets of Oblivion interior-making, so you're good to go! :)
NPC creation is, AI aint (haha). AI is closer to quests than NPC creation stage wise. anyhow, i saw some pretty complex things in the mod so i think you can do AI too. i recomend you talk to viking about AI, he should know if there is something for you to do.

im not sure if there is any AI stage work to be done really. if there aint, i sugest that yall work out some kind of system where HV can make guards for Rihad. placeholder armor of course, but real schedules since the city is almost complete.

ok, and now i am officially on vacation. see IRC for official to-do list while i am away.
In hoc signo vinces

-PoHa!
theviking
Developer Emeritus

Post by theviking »

Congratz, Herennius, an AI'er is most welcome. Although there is little work at this point, in the future this will improve majorly.

Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Let's celebrate with cake! Congratulations!
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI