i10-15-Mis

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

angelus6
Reviewer

Post by angelus6 »

oo, sounds positivly creepy. i'll claim this one methinks and do it the elven ruin set (with a few tweeks ^^). how do you fancy the speech being? better wait untill the voice files are up to script dialogue i guess but ill make a start on the 'maze' and creepyness for now
Dexter
Developer Emeritus

Post by Dexter »

For now, keep the dialogue as just simple text. If you have Shivering Isles, you may want to consider using some of the monsters from there.
Granted.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

How is this coming? If you don't post by june 4th I will revoke this.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
angelus6
Reviewer

Post by angelus6 »

again, dont stress to much, although, i had actually forgotten about this half finished master-work. *runs off to load the CS*
On a concrete cross you fall
Both a martyr to your cause and mine

[url=http://angelus6.110mb.com/3dMaxGallery.html][img]http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/3307/newsig01zv0.jpg[/img][/url]
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

any updates? I know map 10 isn't exactly priority, but it would be nice to get this done.
Reviewing Administrator

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

srsly man, I don't want to do this but you have a week to post before I revoke this.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

:( Revoked
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
ENIGMA*
Developer

Post by ENIGMA* »

I think I'll take this one, should be easy. Start in an SI Ruin, transition into Root dungon, then back.

Do I have to make the Girl too? if so i have no clue how to do Dialouge or scripting. Should I place the monsters too? randome loot chests at all? Traps good?

I have great ideas, I just need approval.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

ENIGMA* wrote:Do I have to make the Girl too? if so i have no clue how to do Dialouge or scripting. Should I place the monsters too? randome loot chests at all? Traps good?
NPCs, AI, Dialog, Scripting, Monsters all should be placed by you. Traps, loot, etc. should not exist in this interior.
ENIGMA* wrote:I have great ideas, I just need approval.
I want to hear them all before I grant this.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
ENIGMA*
Developer

Post by ENIGMA* »

Thrignar Fraxix wrote:
ENIGMA* wrote:Do I have to make the Girl too? if so i have no clue how to do Dialouge or scripting. Should I place the monsters too? randome loot chests at all? Traps good?
NPCs, AI, Dialog, Scripting, Monsters all should be placed by you. Traps, loot, etc. should not exist in this interior.
ok the girl may be a bit tough since i have no clue about Voice acting or dialouge or death scripting. as for traps and such, ok.
Thrignar Fraxix wrote:
ENIGMA* wrote:]I have great ideas, I just need approval.
I want to hear them all before I grant this.
Well i was thinking about Increasing the "them" factor. Start of simi hard, Flesh Hounds and Elytra then go into bigger things up to Xivalli and Flesh Atronachs and stuff.

Creepy scream sound effects are a must and a "rending halls" drone would make it even creepier.

dank lighting with patches of fog and things. The girl I'd want to look like a noble, sort of that "save the princess" attitude.

all-in-all this would be one interior worth putting hell into!
[url=http://gothrak.deviantart.com/]Deviant I[/url]

[url=http://thedarkbrotherhood.com][img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a44/Mr_Sorry/Banners/TDB_Banner.jpg[/img][/url]
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

granting. Remember, the girl should die before the end is reached. You don't have to do the voice acting as that would be creepy.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

revoking, user hasn't signed in since this was granted. (which was about 3 months ago)
Aaron
Developer

Post by Aaron »

Think I'll take a whack at this as my first attempt at the oblivion CS. Solid guidelines so I don't get caught up in designing a plot/backstory will help me concentrate on learning the tilesets. Plus I like the concept.

Here's how I see this, so far:
The player finds themselves in the middle of a large pillared ayleid hall (either that or something from the swamp ruin texture set from SI). Everything is HEAVILLY ruined. No Ayleid lights are on, instead near absolute dark is pierced by glimmers of light from luminous mosses and mushrooms. The air is misty and water drips unceasingly. Other than that, and a slight droneing of distant wind, absolute silence. The girl mentioned is found at a far end of this hall, huddled under a lone beam of light from a hole in the ceiling. After the main hall, everything becomes a maze, twisting and turning over and under itself. No traps I think, as they make noise and make things seem more active. In fact at first I won't even have any creatures. They'll only start attacking after a decent period of exploration (long enough to make the player think he's alone). Then the story will proceed as outlined, though as yet I haven't decided on what type of enemies to use.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Grant!
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Revoked by user request
TheGooch
Developer

Post by TheGooch »

Ayeleid ruin fairly large, not very well lit. lots of scary moments. creatures jumping out everywhere. i have SI, so will use as much of that as needed. if music department creates some "thriller/scary" style music & sounds. that would increase the scaryness. I have scripting skillz so her death shouldnt be a problem.
if the player gets so far throguh the ruin he/she will get better loot, the longer the girl survives the better/more loot the player will get.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

granting happy modding. do whatever is scariest
TheGooch
Developer

Post by TheGooch »

will do, ill try an make you wet yourself, provide you drink a lot of cola.
theviking and MowSkwoz have it in theirs... soo: "We need quest designers!" - Stolen From teh Cutness.

-----------------
TehGo0ch
TheGooch
Developer

Post by TheGooch »

done the main entrance part of the ruin. ive put in a few turns to sort of make the player lose sense of direction... damn teh compuss... not going to post and % progress untill ive actually got the layout figured out. which at the moment is random.

Just thinking of the type of enemies to put in here. those skinned dogs and flesh atronarchs will be a main point with a few other undead tings. and at the end maybe my own version of teh gatekeeper mwahahahah(wich will kill da girl).

need to borrow fear from my friend to give me some inspiration... bit low on funds atm so i cant buy it.

next week is my holidayz, so ill get onto a fair whack of this then. Also will get some inspiration of the ayelied ruins in game. its awesome to have ob on the 360 aswell as the comp, makes it easy to find how beth did it and work on the CS at teh same time.

if you have any thoughts please add them, any ideas are welcome.

going to make this your worst nightmare eva.
theviking and MowSkwoz have it in theirs... soo: "We need quest designers!" - Stolen From teh Cutness.

-----------------
TehGo0ch
TheGooch
Developer

Post by TheGooch »

Ive done a fair amount of work on the layout. theres now a big room that will be a center point for enemies. like a horde of zomgbies. Its twice the size now. theres going to be a lot of twisting with directions and coming back on itself. There will be a while before i start on details. ill put a lot of work into it at uni tomorrow and get layout completely done.

also should i put it into multiple cells. It will get pretty large.

*mwaha*

-----------------
TehGo0ch
TheGooch
Developer

Post by TheGooch »

bastard cs, well i made a few mistakes when i first made the interior and there were a lot of gaps in between modular pieces, so i scrapped the whole lot and started fresh and properly using grid snap which i fucking now love (pardonehmoifrench). after an hour work this morning i have made heaps of progress and nearly finished the layout
(after spending like a total of 5 or 6 on the old one.)

and i scrapped everything just after i put in some lights gahh then i noticed them... hey it doesnt really bother me.
and i have found a really neat way of setting everything up.

low lighting (bluish/greenish) hard to see the floor...lighting to so far then a gatekeeper stands in the darkness... you get closer.. then it jumps out of the darkness and gets you (or the girl...) ... mwhahahaha.

I havent changed progress, because im nearly up to where i was the other day. After layout comes lighting, then enemies, the girl and scripting. After that is perfected, ill move onto loot and clutter.

i would just like to note that the ayleids who designed this place where on drugs of some kind...

-----------------
TehGo0ch
TheGooch
Developer

Post by TheGooch »

im back to work got caught up... doing a bit now...

-----------------
TehGo0ch
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Any updates? I know it hasn't quite been a month, but OB ints are scarce and there are many people without anything to do. If you don't post in the next week I will revoke this.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Revoked by Request
*waits for piranha-esque modder feeding frenzy to begin*
Herennius Volsinius
Developer

Post by Herennius Volsinius »

I'd like this one. I plan to make it an Ayleid ruin that begins as a short corridor. Once the player reaches the end of the corridor, the game will go into cut scene mode and the girl will run toward the player and beg him to help her escape.

After that, the place will open into a large room with several possible exits. Some leading to dead ends, some with loot chests and some with enemies. Some of the passages will split into even more possible ways to go, making this a confusing maze. Once the player finds the right one and reaches the end, if the girl is still alive, the game will enter cutscene mode again. A creature (not sure what yet) will jump out from somewhere and kill the girl. Then the timer will start and the player will be warped out of there.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

granting.

perhaps rather than cutscene mode for the death there could be several archer enemies that appear and all fire at once making it impossible to save the girl.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

I don't know about you, but there way things happen in games has a big impact on most players. For example, if I'm frozen when somebody I'm protecting dies, then I essentially understand that 'hey, she was supposed to die' even though I'm wondering 'why the hell couldn't I save her?'(which is the intended affect). However, if the girl I'm protecting gets killed because there are just too many monsters or bad guys attacking, I just get really frustrated and throw my keyboard saying 'how the fuck am I supposed to defend her from all that?' and I may reload a save before I'm teleported out to try again several times before I just give up, possibly without ever really knowing I wasn't meant to save her in the first place.

I really, really, really, hate games where it's almost impossible to win/kill your target/etc. simply because there are 'too many bad guys'. It's the worst form of explaining a situation out of the player's control possible.
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Herennius Volsinius
Developer

Ok. Maybe I could kind of do it both ways. Instead of freezing the player, I could instead make the girl scream something when she sees the monster at the end and shortly after, she gets shot by an arrow or something. Hopefully what the girl says will be enough to convince the player that she was supposed to die.
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

but if the player knows she is supposed to die then it isn't exactly nightmarish. I think having her death occur as naturally as possible is best. If someone thinks they aren't going to have their mind messed with in Quagmire then they kind of deserve to infinitely reload saves and throw their keyboard against the wall.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

Frustration does not equal nightmare.

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

Nanu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nanu »

The event should happen naturally, if a band of archers shows up out of nowhere and kills the girl, the player will know. Plus, they get teleported anyway.
"You can remove spells from your list in Morrowind. I think it was shift-click, don't quote me on that though." - Cathartis
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mnbsqv]Forum Rules[/url]
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mj594z]Moratorium[/url]
| [url=http://tinyurl.com/6msxag]Writing for TR[/url]
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

How about instead of everyone rooting for the lame version because they don't like the good one, we think of an alternative route, such as the player being drawn away or separated(slightly) from the girl during combat or something which would give the whole hint thing that I'm talking about but still be "natural" like oh look a million archers oh well she's dead.

Herennius Volsinius
Developer

I already have something along those lines. I have made the girl stop near the end and refuse to move until the area up ahead has been cleared out. While the player is doing that, a monster sneaks up behind her and kills her. One catch with that is the player isn't close enough to hear her say her last words.
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

ok, totally different idea. how about after she dies and you are all like "oh noes" she rises up from the dead to attack you zombie style. and then you have to kill her, and use one of her bodyparts as the key out of here.
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

No one ever suggested a million archers. 2 would be enough to do it as long as the fired at the same time.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Herennius Volsinius
Developer

The labyrinth is done - it's big too. In the file you can also see I've started to add scary stuff as well as a few things that don't make total logical sense. You can play the level through to the end. The scripts are still set up to match the original idea. Thus ten seconds after the girl's death, a message will appear saying that the level is complete. There are no path nodes yet, so make sure the girl can keep up with you.
Herennius Volsinius
Developer

Spent the last week adding clutter - nearly finished with that...
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

got this finished yet? I would hate to revoke something that is almost done but if you don't post in the next week I will.
Reviewing Administrator

Fun is bad - Haplo
Herennius Volsinius
Developer

Been busy with other things recently and therefore haven't spent much time on this in the past two weeks or so. It's still coming along though, I assure you.
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

How about two months later?