question about the overall finished project

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

zegh

question about the overall finished project

Post by zegh »

put shortly: will it explode my computer? :D

what i mean is, will it eat up memory, or something, being that huge vast landmasses are being added? i read something about it not being a problem, since it only reads a certain number of cells at the time, but i wanna be sure.

i noticed no problems w map1 added, but with 2, 3, 4, and 5, i dont want it to crash below the floor, so to speak

sorry if its been asked before, i bet it has :]
Nanu
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nanu »

Even if you have the latest version of MGE and the FPSop generating texture-intensive distant landscape for maps 1-6, you shouldn't have any problems running the MW mods.

If you're running vanilla MW, you really don't have anything to worry about. :)
"You can remove spells from your list in Morrowind. I think it was shift-click, don't quote me on that though." - Cathartis
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mnbsqv]Forum Rules[/url]
|[url=http://tinyurl.com/mj594z]Moratorium[/url]
| [url=http://tinyurl.com/6msxag]Writing for TR[/url]
Haplo
Lead Developer

Post by Haplo »

By the time we release Map 6 you should have a computer capable of running Morrowind in safe-mode
Forum Administrator & Data Files Manager

[06/19/2012 04:15AM] +Cat table stabbing is apparently a really popular sport in morrowind

[August 29, 2014 04:05PM] <+Katze> I am writing an IRC bot! :O
[August 29, 2014 04:25PM] *** Katze has quit IRC: Z-Lined
Seven
Developer

Post by Seven »

By the time we release Map 6 you should have a computer capable of running Morrowind in safe-mode
lmao. .
The human face can decieve you in a thousand ways, but the eyes never lie.
zegh

Post by zegh »

Haplo wrote:By the time we release Map 6 you should have a computer capable of running Morrowind in safe-mode
hah! i AM wanting a new computer tho, this one is.. getting old, very old, oblivion cant be run on my computer, i had to re-sell it to my brother :(
(cant play FO3 either btw, since it runs the same engine as oblivion. CRY!!!)

lets hope you guys manage to finish map6 before we eventually start using entirely new computer-replacing technologies :D
maybe we'll all be playing with VR-helmets and stuff, by that time :D
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

zegh wrote:...maybe we'll all be playing with VR-helmets and stuff, by that time :D
I'd rather suggest eye, ear and brain implants.
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Thrignar Fraxix
Developer Emeritus

Post by Thrignar Fraxix »

Anyone else remember the playstation 2 commercial where they jokingly advertised the playstation 8 (or so, I forget). I say inhaled spores are the wave of the future.
Reviewing Administrator
Morrowind Reviews: 1640
Completed MW Interiors: 29

The just man frowns, but never sneers. We can understand anger, but not malevolence - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power - Brutus, Julius Caesar

Fun is bad - Haplo
Kovacius

Post by Kovacius »

As long as you've got the hard drive space to load the files, you should be good to go. Morrowind only loads your current cell and the surrounding 8 cells at any given time, so it doesn't matter how many more cells are added to the game, within reason. Of course, the more stuff in those cells that your computer has to render, the slower it's going to run, and a few of the TR locations are a bit on the "heavy" side, but no worse than the worst locations on the original map.

That's not to say that your computer WON'T blow up, but it probably won't be related to the TR map 1, or at least the TR project can maintain plausible denial, according to Telvanni custom.
zegh

Post by zegh »

Kovacius wrote:As long as you've got the hard drive space to load the files, you should be good to go. Morrowind only loads your current cell and the surrounding 8 cells at any given time, so it doesn't matter how many more cells are added to the game, within reason. Of course, the more stuff in those cells that your computer has to render, the slower it's going to run, and a few of the TR locations are a bit on the "heavy" side, but no worse than the worst locations on the original map.

That's not to say that your computer WON'T blow up, but it probably won't be related to the TR map 1, or at least the TR project can maintain plausible denial, according to Telvanni custom.
thanks, that clears it up pretty much!