Emerald's Concept Art

Place where art is developed for our game.

Moderator: Lead Developers

Emerald Skunk

Emerald's Concept Art

Post by Emerald Skunk »

Hello everyone! I'm kind of new to the community so please don't take it too hard on me! ^^;; I'm working on some concept pictures that I hope everyone likes, please feel free to review any of them and tell me whether or not you like, dislike, or want something improved on anything I'll happily work to fix it. ^^

Just to give you an idea of what I might be capable of here's the first one I did of a one person bed, but because i'm kind of new to these specific regions please feel free to tell me of any style differences you may want or need.

~Emmy
Attachments
Bamboo Bed.jpg
bmscout208
Developer

Post by bmscout208 »

nice concept great style i like it :) keep it up.
Crantius Colto: Cleaning, eh? I have something for you. Here, polish my spear.

Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!

Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.

The Lusty Argonian Maid
lac
Developer

Post by lac »

Maybe you could change the bamboo legs. They're looking great, but not strong enough for a bed i think, at least one bamboo per leg, because there would be problems fixing them to a bed, without weakening the material.

But anyway I like it. :)

keep up the good work.
current claims:

finished claims:
i2-423-Tri
--
"Would you choose supremacy
If it led to isolation?
Could you handle the solitude?
Would you still prefer the throne?"
sapien

Post by sapien »

clearly you dont understand bamboo as a building material !

bamboo is incredibly flexible and strong, and is strong enough to carry large loads even when the material is cut.
"something something "dark side " something something "rebel fleet".
bmscout208
Developer

Post by bmscout208 »

yea its like the...... Mr fantastic of wood.......lawl
Crantius Colto: Cleaning, eh? I have something for you. Here, polish my spear.

Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!

Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.

The Lusty Argonian Maid
Emerald Skunk

Post by Emerald Skunk »

Alright I've worked on a bench Idea for today and I hope someone can help me with it, I mean if theirs a problem that is, it's another simple design, a one person bench with a rectangular top and bamboo legs to go with the bed.
Attachments
Other 009.jpg
Emerald Skunk

Post by Emerald Skunk »

Revised bed, I hope this is an improvement or at least a good second Idea, I added a bamboo support rod across the bed to make it look more sturdy, essentially it would hook around and be nailed onto the beds bars, also added some decorative flags! ^_^
Attachments
B-bed2.jpg
Theron Udraer
Developer
Location: my palace in the sky with my own (female) servants who do anything i want them to do...

Post by Theron Udraer »

I need to take drawing lessons....

Well, anyway, your bed looks even better now, great job. Your bench is a very good start, and with some simple revision would work. Not meant to be offensive, it looks like an ironing board. The crossing legs, though they look very nice, cannot support much. Yes, I know about all that bamboo stuff, I have a bamboo forest in my backyard. Still, the force on the split legs would bend them, not break them (god it's hard to break those things!), but just bend very very much, so that the bench is near the ground. lol. Anyway, I suggest adding a beam in the middle of the two legs, kinda like an A shaped design, with the two legs, /\, and a pole in the middle, -, so like /-\ get me? Again, very good start, and keep going!
if you read my location and thought "woah what a perverted old man!", then you must be a perv yourself. because i never said anything about them being strippers... heheehheehheee

---------------------------------

Claims-

Interior- 4 reviewing
Theron Udraer
Developer
Location: my palace in the sky with my own (female) servants who do anything i want them to do...

Post by Theron Udraer »

I need to take drawing lessons....

Well, anyway, your bed looks even better now, great job. Your bench is a very good start, and with some simple revision would work. Not meant to be offensive, it looks like an ironing board. The crossing legs, though they look very nice, cannot support much. Yes, I know about all that bamboo stuff, I have a bamboo forest in my backyard. Still, the force on the split legs would bend them, not break them (god it's hard to break those things!), but just bend very very much, so that the bench is near the ground. lol. Anyway, I suggest adding a beam in the middle of the two legs, kinda like an A shaped design, with the two legs, /\, and a pole in the middle, -, so like /-\ get me? Again, very good start, and keep going!
if you read my location and thought "woah what a perverted old man!", then you must be a perv yourself. because i never said anything about them being strippers... heheehheehheee

Claims-

Interior- 4 reviewing
Emerald Skunk

Post by Emerald Skunk »

^.^ I see what you mean and yes it does show, Thank you for the comment on my bed and I do see why it would look like an Ironing board, I wan't meaning for that to happen so I'll work on a different picture but same or similar concept, I also know what you meant about the legs, I was wondering if I should have done that or not, and I know you wouldn't see it from any of the angles but the legs were actually susposed to lock into place in small hollowed holes inside of the bench it'self, buuut, that's kind of impossible to see. ^^;; I'll just try pulling up another idea or two...

Also, you don't need drawing lessons at all! ^.^ Just pick up a pencil and some paper and try to draw something you see, then try to draw something you imagine, it works, I've never had a lesson. (teachers are mean!) >.>
Seven
Developer

Post by Seven »

and I know you wouldn't see it from any of the angles but the legs were actually susposed to lock into place in small hollowed holes inside of the bench it'self, buuut, that's kind of impossible to see. ^^;;
This is what I invisioned when I first looked at your drawing ^^

You can be as ornate as you like with your furnitures, the pieces that are needed for HF are middle + upper class pieces. The running style that is present in other CA threads for these sets is quite ornate.(This is not to say you should change your bed or bench at all, just to keep in mind)

-Seven
The human face can decieve you in a thousand ways, but the eyes never lie.
Emerald Skunk

Post by Emerald Skunk »

Alrighty I revised the Bench design, I hope this is a step up from Ironing board!

Also, I'm kind of getting it, Seven, I'm kind of slow to adjust but I do try hard and eventually it'll just click, sorry if i'm slow with it... still, thank you for your comments and criticism, I really do appreciate them!
Attachments
Bamboo bench 2.jpg
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Hey, it's actually quite good stuff. Don't hesitate to post it in the FCG thread. :)
Emerald Skunk

It's time for an OVERHALL!!!

Post by Emerald Skunk »

Hahaha. ^.^ After such a long time of being busy busy busy I decided to push everything aside and splurge as much as I could out in a few hours as I could, and I hope you like the results!

First off is my new shelf, similar to my other designs it has a bamboo paneling and decorative drawers, I tried to keep it simple and nice, so I added a protruding covey that is mainly a decorative overhang but can also double as a shelf for rounded things like plant pots or bowls.

Second is my newer ideas for armour and ect, mainly for... the BEAST races! *tiny wewt* I'm sorry and I may upset or enrage someone for saying this but I felt a severe drawback to almost all of the games of Elder Scrolls was that the beast races didn't have their own types of armor but for some reason every other race seemed to have one built specifically for them, so i've decided i'm going to start working on designs for both Kahjiit/Kahjiiti Armour and Argonian Armours, both with their own characteristics.

(Also not trying to bash Oblivion, loved the game and loved that you could wear foot armor and full helms but felt that changing the physical structure of the beast races was kind of over doing it instead of making armour specifically for them.)

I really hope someone likes the ideas because I may need help with greaves (I'm bad at legs) and possibly a Curioss (Also kind of faulty with those little buggers. >.<)

Okay, off to the descriptions, the top of the second picture is my idea for a Kahjiiti full helm with a nose and muzzle guard, it would look similar to the imperial stell armor of oblivion only with it's own small tweaks and special characteristics and is ment to be a light armor, possibly made of mithril but can be made of other materials. In the eye slits I thought of the idea of enchanted glass slits, that would improve the power of night eye when cast and constantly have a very low level night eye for stealth purposes (All of these items are ment for fast, light weight tactics.) The bottem is just what I wrote and is the top without the feather/fur top, the design of the helmate is to strike some form of discomfort in the person being battled. (Seriously, Metal cat face. ack!)

In the third picture we see a list of several things I just worked on, the top left is a light weight Kahjiiti Shield. (I called this set the set of the Piercing Eye Purely for the cool sound of the name, because seriously, it sounds cool... ...cool... :P) The shiels's sides are sharpened and have a chance to inflict damage on the attacker if they strike wrong, the shield's design with the special _ _ Design is ment to be used if the wearer is
\_/
Backed up against a wall, they can basically pull the shield over their curioss and keep their head in the slit for vision while attacking, almost like an armoured wall.

To the right of the Shield is a special light weight short-sword I call the Kahjiiti Bone Slicer, very light weight and fragile, but meant for quick sneak attacks, (Basically, your susposed to be the one to strike first with this) It can break relatively easy in hard combat but can be used as a devistating assassination tool if used by a warrior experienced in light armour and short-blades.

Under both of these Items are my idea's for matching beast gloves in the set, they would have open finger slits for the claws and light mesh like armour, the plates you see can be heavier armours that have been woven or attached into the gloves, but are normally just thick cloth or leather that's been burned decorativly, the heavier this armour is, normally the more expensive it will become, vice versa if it is made from a strong, lighter weight material.

The item you see just under the gloves is the Tail Armour (or tail glove as it would commonly be called) It's basically a long cloth sock that would be pulled over the tail to offer some additional protection, the reason we don't use metal but can on occasion use metal slits and beads is due to the natural bending of the Kahjiit tail which would cause much noise that might become annoying or also another possibility is that the armour could bend and BREAK, causing excruciating discomfort to the wearer.

Finally we see the boots, which are standard Kahjiiti feet armour (in my idea, the front of the boots would be armoured, the back however, would normally be woven cloth or just opened armour completly because no two feet are alike.

The last picture involves my newest idea of the Argonian full helm, which would do much the same as the Kahjiiti, by protecting the nose and muzzle, they too have a glass slit across the eye but this is mostly for decoration, the front of their helm can be enchanted with swift swim or water breathing to give them better movement within their habitat.

Once again please tell me if you like or dislike, I encourage all Criticism! Also tell me if something isn't understood or talked about I might have missed something and I'll get to it when alerted.
Attachments
Argonian Helm.jpg
Kahjiiti Equipment.jpg
Kahjiiti Helm.jpg
Expensive Shelf.jpg
Theron Udraer
Developer

Post by Theron Udraer »

Hmm... I like it. I think that the expensive drawers could use a little work - they're okay but very simple. Which isn't bad. But the bamboo around the drawers (At the bottom) wouldn't get wider like that. Maybe reconfigure somehow?

As for the beast armor, good drawing, but unique armor isn't very important right now for us. Maybe change it to the Beast Silver of something? And for the helm, I'd say no-go for the enchanted eye sockets, as that's too good and too unique for a general helm. Good for a unique item, though.

And finally, a tip from a fellow artist - on bamboo: I've been studying bamboo for the past 2 weeks. Look at the shape of it some more; the rings come out more and such. I've included a little example of bamboo. It's also bound together, because bamboo doesn't bend that far-it's tough.
Attachments
Bamboo Example 001.jpg

Claims-

Interior- 4 reviewing
Emerald Skunk

Post by Emerald Skunk »

Ah, yes well I understand what you were saying about the bamboo, really I just did that for extra decoration and the idea was more sideways plastered strips of bamboo, as for the helm and the glass slits I just put those in at the last moment because without them I thought the helmates looked... really empty, and it was just an idea.

I really do know what you mean about how bamboo looks and I know the basics about it but I really can't draw details to the grandest and i stink at drawing things out of mind as you see, so I just leave the baisic rough draft to give others the visual effect of what my idea was.

About the beast armour, I just did most of this out of things I would kind of like to see but don't really expect to be taken seriously for a while to come, I just like to draw. ^.^
Myzel
Developer Emeritus

Post by Myzel »

Good work. You have some nice drawing skills. I don't have much to add, really, except maybe that it would be nice if you post your furniture concepts in the FCG thread (stickied at the top of the concept art forum) too. :)

I do wonder what kind of materials you imagined your armors to be made of. It looks kind of heavy, and I think the lizard- and cat-people like the lighter ones better.
Theron Udraer
Developer

Post by Theron Udraer »

MYTHRIL! no, just kidding. Could be like a cloud silver or something? Some special elven metal, but that would be too fancy... How about studded leather? That's flexible but durable? But it's not metal. Uh, chainmail?

Claims-

Interior- 4 reviewing
Emerald Skunk

Post by Emerald Skunk »

^^;; Sorry, I didn't know which fcg thread to post in, I'll do that soon I promise.

The armour would be made of mithril leather of just cloth, really the only metal parts on it are the parts that really stand out, aside from the shield. The boots however I thought would work if they were strapped on, so that the back of the foot wasn't protected or was covered with leather or cloth, and the only metal would be the front of it, I think mithril would work but I know it would be expensive so it would most likely be elven. v.v I don't know too much about the armours strengths and weaknesses in the game besides the fact that dremora armour is really really heavy and doesn't protect you very well.
Theron Udraer
Developer

Post by Theron Udraer »

heh, actually daedric armor is the best in the game. lol. That is, only if you have a high heavy armor skill... if you really want to draw armors seriously, not only Tamriel's, look it up. Maybe look into different metals used, maybe previous armors in TES games. Look at UESP.net for lots of armor info. Also use google.

Onto another subject - if you really want to get promoted and join the team, I suggest drawing buildings, landscapes, furniture (that's a really important one), and the insides of houses. Look at Lutemoth and Gez and Myzel and Lighter than Some's Concept Art to get an idea of what styles there are, and ideas for what to draw. Also look at the FCG thread.

Claims-

Interior- 4 reviewing
Emerald Skunk

Post by Emerald Skunk »

Heheh, I know Daedric is, but Dremora is a really cheap comparison, it's just as heavy but gives the defense of leather armour.

I'd really like to and I'll happily start drawing landscapes and buildings, just needs me some inspirational pictures. *runs off to play Morrowind!*