Who's getting Fallout 3?

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

KYLE

Who's getting Fallout 3?

Post by KYLE »

With Fallout 3 just around the corner i was wondering if any one is going to get this game?
Andres Indoril
Senior Developer

Post by Andres Indoril »

When a CS is confirmed, sure.
[url=http://andresindoril.blogspot.com/][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyleft.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.youtube.com/user/AndresIndoril][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyright.jpg[/img][/url]
"You guys are no fun, I'll start my own TR with dead children and toy guars!" -Why
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Andres Indoril wrote:When a CS is confirmed, sure.
Yup.

Two conditions need to be filled before I may think about buying a game:
- It needs to be DRM-free
- It needs to be easy to mod
If one or both are missing, then there's no reason to even look at it. As far as I know, Fallout 3 fills only one condition for the moment.
zegh

Post by zegh »

i CANT play fallout 3 on my computer :(:(:(:(

its torture...

BUT

i found "fallout 2 restoration project" SOUNDS LIMILAR OR SOMETHING?
oh man i felt like a kid on xmas eve, IVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS, i had no idea it had been sitting around the net for so long *all giddy*
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

Maybe... For now my main F3 entertainment is reading the Codex' view on things Fallout-y.
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI
Lady Nerevar
Developer Emeritus

Post by Lady Nerevar »

probably not. it looks interesting, but i dont have time for games lately.
In hoc signo vinces

"you sex craved blue colored red eyed squirrel messiah of a fictional video game world!"
-PoHa!
KYLE

Post by KYLE »

I'll probably get it it looks cool i haven't decided if I'm getting it on my PC though.
milne

Post by milne »

Yeh I'll be getting it. I'll be doing a retarded thing by getting it for a PS3 instead. My computer's far too slow ye see...

If it has a contruction set I'll try get it for PC though...
Sniper4
Developer Emeritus

Post by Sniper4 »

My PC only meets the minimum requirements. In other words, I will have to run it on minimum settings, and even then, it will still be laggy as hell. Plus, it will probably have all the same flaws as OB, so why bother?
Ban Me Please

Post by Ban Me Please »

MORE LIKE FAIL-OUT THREE, AMIRITE?
The worse thing about insanity is the brief bouts of lucidity in which you regret the things you did when insane.
zegh

Post by zegh »

Ban Me Please wrote:MORE LIKE FAIL-OUT THREE, AMIRITE?
the only reason im not entirely furious about FO3 is out of sympathy for bethesda :(

i wanted "van buren" :( :( :(
bnelo12

Post by bnelo12 »

Yea I preorderd it like a week ago but amazon was gay and dindt place the order for it till yesterday so it might not come today.
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

I'm glad that Amazon was happy, but what does this have to do with delaying orders?
bnelo12

Post by bnelo12 »

Amazon was stupid. Well I just checked on Amazon and it reached reno at 4:30 and I live in northern Ca and there not shipping it till tomorrow when its only like a five hour drive to my house.
milne

Post by milne »

I just got it today, and it wasnae that bad. It's Oblivion... but better and with radioactive mutants...

If you get the chance buy it I say.
bnelo12

Post by bnelo12 »

Ive been playing non stop for the past three days.
Andres Indoril
Senior Developer

Post by Andres Indoril »

From what I have read on BGSF, the game supposedly follows the example set by the first games, so I suppose I might get it without the CS too.
[url=http://andresindoril.blogspot.com/][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyleft.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.youtube.com/user/AndresIndoril][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f94/Andres_Indoril/siggyright.jpg[/img][/url]
"You guys are no fun, I'll start my own TR with dead children and toy guars!" -Why
aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

Andres Indoril wrote:the game supposedly follows the example set by the first games
You must be insane to believe that.
PoHa: how can we best this trio of trouble? who will save us from this menace of sub-par models? what will we do?
PoHa: I know! we'll shoot an Aro at them
Aro: you have only one Aro missile!
PoHa: yes, but its heat seeking and quite possibly indestructible

How to do not become a modeller - by Stryker:
[00:13:]Stryker: no tutorial, no no no
Andres Indoril
Senior Developer

Post by Andres Indoril »

aro101 wrote:
Andres Indoril wrote:the game supposedly follows the example set by the first games
You must be insane to believe that.
That statement was entirely unnecessary for my insanity is known widely through the internet.
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

The key word is "supposedly".
zegh

Post by zegh »

for the first time ever im tempted to buy a console :(

solely for fo3. ill toss in oblivion too IF i should get a console tho, just for the consistency of it B)
milne

Post by milne »

completed main quest, annoying end...

still get it tho :)
zegh

Post by zegh »

milne wrote:completed main quest, annoying end...

still get it tho :)
like the previous fallout it has several endings, depending on how you completed the game.

i think fallout 2 got some 20+ combinations, fallout 3 is said to have hundreds or something
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

zegh wrote:i think fallout 2 got some 20+ combinations, fallout 3 is said to have hundreds or something
Heh.

Fallout and Fallout 2 especially boasted an impressive number of endings, but that's just because of combination. Basically, each location you visited resulted in two or three slides that would tell you what happened there after the end game. Ten locations each with two possible slides = 2 to the power of 10 combinations, so 1024 endings.

While Fallout 3, during development, boasted it would have something like this as well, the truth of the matter is that it doesn't. So there's only something like 12 endings (3x2x2).
cire992
Reviewer

Post by cire992 »

Got fallout 3, been trying all week to get into it... I don't know, it's a wonderful game, but it's boring me to tears. I'm not a fan of zombie shooters, and fallout is just too close to that for my taste (else it wouldn't really be Fallout).
Oh well, I'm sure I'll get into it, eventually.
aro101
Developer Emeritus

Post by aro101 »

cire992 wrote:Got fallout 3, been trying all week to get into it... I don't know, it's a wonderful game, but it's boring me to tears. I'm not a fan of zombie shooters, and fallout is just too close to that for my taste (else it wouldn't really be Fallout).
Oh well, I'm sure I'll get into it, eventually.
Nah... Eventually You'll notice something like: Hey, it looks cool, but it's damn boring! That's why I don't even touch that game when I visit the computer store.
PoHa: how can we best this trio of trouble? who will save us from this menace of sub-par models? what will we do?
PoHa: I know! we'll shoot an Aro at them
Aro: you have only one Aro missile!
PoHa: yes, but its heat seeking and quite possibly indestructible

How to do not become a modeller - by Stryker:
[00:13:]Stryker: no tutorial, no no no
zegh

Post by zegh »

the "zombies" (ghouls, man, ghouls!) of FO1 and 2 (even tactics) are considered sentient human beings, radiated and "evolved" to survive radiation.

just like raiders or other agressors, ghouls in FO1 and 2 may both attack you, or they may sit back and communicate w you

i truly hope theyre represented the same way in FO3.

so strictly speaking it wouldnt be a "zombie shooter" but you'd just be encountering aggressive ghouls, and not yet met the not so aggressive ones?

the same should go for super mutants (the huge "zombies")
Andres Indoril
Senior Developer

Post by Andres Indoril »

There are a lot of sentient ghouls around from what I have heard. Even thought the feral ones outnumber them.
bnelo12

Post by bnelo12 »

At the very end it does not let you play the game any more so do the main quest last.
cire992
Reviewer

Post by cire992 »

zegh wrote:so strictly speaking it wouldnt be a "zombie shooter" but you'd just be encountering aggressive ghouls, and not yet met the not so aggressive ones?
Zombies, ghouls, whatever. Same thing. Shooting zombies is still a central element of the gameplay. It absolutely is, that's what chased me away from the game.
As far as docile ghouls... heck, replace 'em all with playboy playmates, it'll improve the uh... aesthetic of the massive Capitol junkyard that is Fallout's game world.

Mind you, this is all just opinion on my part (see, now you felt like you wasted your time reading it). I'm sure a lot of the things I disliked about fallout are exactly the sorts of things that fallout fans love. It's all a matter of taste, really. :D
Gez
Developer Emeritus

Post by Gez »

Andres Indoril wrote:There are a lot of sentient ghouls around from what I have heard. Even thought the feral ones outnumber them.
The feral humans (they're called marauders, bandits, etc.) outnumber the sentient humans in Oblivion.

Anyway, yeah, there are true NPC ghouls and even supermutants in Fallout 3. Even some that can team up with you.
zegh

Post by zegh »

cire992 wrote:
zegh wrote:so strictly speaking it wouldnt be a "zombie shooter" but you'd just be encountering aggressive ghouls, and not yet met the not so aggressive ones?
Zombies, ghouls, whatever. Same thing. Shooting zombies is still a central element of the gameplay. It absolutely is, that's what chased me away from the game.
As far as docile ghouls... heck, replace 'em all with playboy playmates, it'll improve the uh... aesthetic of the massive Capitol junkyard that is Fallout's game world.

Mind you, this is all just opinion on my part (see, now you felt like you wasted your time reading it). I'm sure a lot of the things I disliked about fallout are exactly the sorts of things that fallout fans love. It's all a matter of taste, really. :D
a "central element of the gameplay"? :S i could easily say the same about morrowind: morrowind is all about standing on mountaintops battling cliffracers, ergo morrowind is tedious as hell, those cliffracers never die out either!

move away from the ghouls then, explore the _rest_ :D
cire992
Reviewer

Post by cire992 »

^ Are you saying my opinions are wrong? Feel free to correct me on what I do and don't like. :D
Ban Me Please

Post by Ban Me Please »

You know, if you scroll down this page without looking at the posts, you can kind of see nerds whining about glitches in video games if you squint.
The worse thing about insanity is the brief bouts of lucidity in which you regret the things you did when insane.
cire992
Reviewer

Post by cire992 »

I see! said the blind nerd.

Hey I don't get it, what's so special about that, BMP?
zegh

Post by zegh »

cire992 wrote:^ Are you saying my opinions are wrong? Feel free to correct me on what I do and don't like. :D
absolutely i am.

its a big intellectual blunder that one cannot correct another opinion, since opinions are often based in facts, and a piece of fact is static

theres a lot of these "unwritten rules" that are useless, such as "dont contradict yourself" why not? self contradiction gets you out of ANYthing. online at least :D
cire992
Reviewer

Post by cire992 »

So you're saying I do like Fallout 3? Are you sure, did you double-check with me?
Well, I guess I know who to ask when I forget whether I like pizza or not. :D

Fact: Cire992 does not like shooting zombies, feral ghouls, super mutants or cliffracers. He also doesn't like "post-apocalitia". :(

Opinion: Poor Cire992, he didn't like Fallout 3 very much, did he? And no one, not even Zegh, believes him!
zegh

Post by zegh »

cire992 wrote:So you're saying I do like Fallout 3? Are you sure, did you double-check with me?
Well, I guess I know who to ask when I forget whether I like pizza or not. :D

Fact: Cire992 does not like shooting zombies, feral ghouls, super mutants or cliffracers. He also doesn't like "post-apocalitia". :(

Opinion: Poor Cire992, he didn't like Fallout 3 very much, did he? And no one, not even Zegh, believes him!
"not even zegh" :o thank you!

im just yankin your chain, the horrible truth is, i wont even be able to play FO3 on my computer, and that makes me a sad panda :(

i thought about downloading the van buren demo, but it would only be enfuriatingly frustrating, i read only one or two maps were playable, and by "playable" you could barely move a bit around, and that was it :(
cire992
Reviewer

Post by cire992 »

Don't worry, I'm sure a Fallout version of "Old-blivion" will come out soon enough.
Nemon
Developer Emeritus

Post by Nemon »

AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH!!!!

(I just lost karma because of spamming)

:(
SIGILLVM COMMVNITATIS DE CIVITATE BERGENSI