Main Quest? (Reprise) - SOLVED

Old and generally outdated discussions, with the rare hidden gem. Enter at your own risk.

Moderators: Haplo, Lead Developers

Aiwyn the Breton
Developer

Main Quest? (Reprise) - SOLVED

Post by Aiwyn the Breton »

Since the previus thread about it it's locket but it's quite old (2007, i see on the last reply), is there a Main quest on morrowind Map_1 at version 2.0?
Kovacius

Post by Kovacius »

Sorry, no mQ yet. Supposedly, there may be one more "bug fix" beta for Map 1 before the "final" MQ'ed version is released. This next version should also fix compatibility issues due to several changes required for the completion of Map 2.

Personally, I'm looking forward to a "tweaked" Map 1, at least from a "bug-hunter's" perspective, since it's gotten to the point where I can't tell whether I'm seeing the same old problems or new and undocumented ones. Of course, once Map 2 comes out, I'll have a whole fresh territory to nit-pick and criticize to my bleak and cruel heart's content.
Aiwyn the Breton
Developer

Post by Aiwyn the Breton »

But is somebody working on a MQ (i mean, there are ideas) or not? Just to know... if some idea's needed... :P
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

Post by Bloodthirsty Crustacean »

Our 'MQ' is under control. No worries. It's a lengthy process, but it is still in progress.

@ Kovacius, be aware that many of the minor (non-show stopping) bugs that you and others have reported (and that we are very grateful for) have not and probably will not be fixed for the next release (unless it happened whilst I wasn't looking, which isn't impossible - Theo might be able to say more). They will be done for the final (or whatever comes after the Map 2 release) version, but not this round. We haven't really had time to devote to that.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals
a man melts the sand so he
can see the world outside

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
Wolf11

Post by Wolf11 »

I know TR always says its done when its done but do you think that it will be done by June 23rd?
-Wolf
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

No.

"When it's done" remains the accurate release date. :P

We're currently debating the order of release anyway, so you may well see a quested Map 2 Beta of the likes of current Map 1 before the final Map 1 is released.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals

"They destroyed Morrowind? Fiddlesticks! Now we're going to have to rebuild it again!"
RelinQ

Post by RelinQ »

Look, Honestly, I wouldnt be suprised if we got all the way to map 5 or 6 (whichever is last) and map 1 quests havent been finished yet, some of the parts we'd probably want to expand across all maps and some cities.

But don't take it from me, Im not a quester (yet) or well knowlegded about the current status so thats not a guarentee.
Dexter (on IAS): "Since when do you need to be able to do backflips to dig holes?" Fri 29 Jul, 2005 3:57:03
Sload (on Narsis): "Jesus Christ, I wonder why there was lag when you had an 80,000 face gazebo." Thu 09 Apr, 2009 11:46:33
MMMowSkwoz
Developer

Post by MMMowSkwoz »

What BC said. From the most recent discussions, it is unlikely there will be another release for Morrowind this year.
MaMeeshkaMowSkwoz - choose your syllables
Theo
Developer Emeritus

Post by Theo »

Fixing errors is very tedious and lengthy process. I am not responsible for publishing maps and honestly do not know what TR policy on this is, but I now I see no reason not to wait for final release with map 1. Mainquest is progressing slowly and more new exciting quests are on the way. Moreover some of them will require map 2 as well. So probably next release you can look forward to will be another chunk of landmass with no quests on it.
THEO
Wolf11

Main quest

Post by Wolf11 »

Will the main quest be just for map 1 or all of TR?
Becuase Theo said that they require map 2 i was wondering if each map has its own main quest?
-Wolf
Bloodthirsty Crustacean
Developer Emeritus

The 'main quest' in question will cover only Map 1. The term 'main quest' is somewhat misleading, because really it's 'just' a high-level Telvanni quest with alternative Imperial route.

Each map can be expected to have 'exciting and innovative quests', but we have stopped calling them 'main quests'. It causes confusion and stuff.
a man builds a city
with
Banks and Cathedrals